Apart, but not alone

Another day of f(x)

Scenario 2

 

Wrinkles formed on her forehead as she squinted her eyes – she had forgotten to bring her specs - to read her script for the new show in the dressing room. She pinched the bridge of her nose to get rid of the headache that has been bothering her ever since she stepped into the room an hour ago. On the table in front of her was a Styrofoam cup of hot coffee that she received from the staff when she had arrived at the TV station and she was very grateful for it. She hasn’t been sleeping well and the packed schedule surely didn’t help her in any way. She tousled her hair and leaned to the wall beside her to get a few minutes of rest before continuing with her reading.

There was a knock on the door and she stood up to greet whoever that was, which turned out to be her fellow member so she sat back down.

“Hey, you okay?”

“I’m fine. Just a little tired.’

“You work too hard. I brought you food so eat some before going on-air.”

“Thanks, Vic-unnie. It’s difficult being an MC. Even after six to seven years, I still don’t get some of the words.”

You’ll do just fine. You’re smart and very friendly. Nothing will go wrong so stop stressing yourself.”

Amber smiled at the encouragement and properly looked at the leader. She knew that the latter was also having some trouble with the language barrier but nevertheless she felt comforted by Victoria’s words.

“Let’s eat together. I’m sure you went straight from filming.”

“You always see through me. I bought your favorite spicy rice cakes,” Victoria replied with a smile.

f(x)

She was taking a short break from filming her reality show with her sister and was lounging on the couch at their temporary residence. Her sister was out somewhere for a schedule so she was alone as the staffs were having their dinner at the restaurant next door.

A text popped onto her phone screen:

Don’t just lie around. Go to the kitchen, I have a surprise

She can’t believe her eyes but she got up and checked it anyways. When she opened the fridge, she was surprised by a plate full of mangoes; covered with a transparent wrap. A note addressed to her sat on top of it.

Ddungie, enjoy the mangoes! Fighting for your filming and rest whenever you can. I’ll see you tomorrow  ;D Love you

Krystal took the plate out of the fridge and brought it over to the dining table. She posed for a selca, smiling brightly while pointing to the mangoes and sent the picture with a text attached.

Thanks Ssul! I’ll eat it well. Love you too *smooch*

Just when she was about to bite into the fruit, the doorbell rang so she got up. She was surprised, yet again, when she saw her member waving at her cheerfully with a shopping bag in one hand.

“Soojung-ah, I’ve got you some bread!”

“Luna-unnie, come on up.”

Luna went up the stairs and sat with Krystal at the dining table and took out the bread from the bag. There were varieties; choco bread, plain bread, croissants and even cupcakes.

“I see you have mangoes here,” Luna mentioned.

“These were from Sulli. I have no idea how she snuck them in.”

“The staffs must have done it for her.”

“I guess as much. I thought you have a schedule, Luna-unnie?”

“I finished up early and by coincidence I was in the area so I decided to drop-by.”

“Well, let’s eat. I’m hungry and I’m sure you are too.”

That night, Krystal received another text after she sent Luna off.

Anything for my twin ;P