Dinner, together

Another day of f(x)

Scenario 1

 

The filming went well as they finally wrap it all up after 7 long hours, not including the 2 hours delay. Everyone was visibly exhausted and they want nothing more than to lie down on their bed and sleep. They bid their goodbye to the staffs on the set and made their way towards their vehicle just outside the building. 

"Manager-oppa, let's go straight to the dorm now, okay?"

"What about dinner? I don't think you've eaten properly today," the manager asked in concern. 

"I just want to go sleep. I'll eat breakfast tomorrow," Sulli said as she yawned. 

The other girls agreed with her and they piled into the van lethargically. The manager sighed before seating himself on the driver's seat and drove silently towards the girl's dorm. Sulli fell asleep and was sprawled at the back seat alone while Krystal slept sitting down. The others were just relaxing and at the same time listening to the music via earpiece. The trip home was uneventful with no traffics. 

"We're here. Rest well girls. I'll pick up at the usual time tomorrow."

Victoria shook awake Krystal and the maknae groggily went out of the van and Luna escorted her towards the elevator, leaving the three members behind. Victoria waited outside the car as Amber was waking up the giant baby. 

"Ssul, wake up. We're home."

"Five more minute~" Sulli whined. 

Amber sighed. 

"Let's go up and sleep on a bed. It won't take very long," she persuaded. 

"Alrite, I'm awake."

Sulli rubbed her eyes sleepily and she extended a hand so Amber could help her up. The elder of the two complied and pulled her up. When she was in a sitting position, Sulli stretched her sore limbs and together with Amber, they went out the door. Victoria, who has been waiting outside, slid shut the van's door and waved goodbye to their manager. The three girls walked in long strides to the dorm's entrance and met Luna and Krystal waiting for the elevator. They didn't say a word as they entered the empty elevator. 

Victoria clicked the button for the fifth floor and leaned against the wall of the elevator with her eyes closed. Luna was doing the same to Victoria's shoulder. They went up floor by floor and the elevator finally dinged as they reach their destination. Krystal was first to get out of the squared metal, followed by Sulli and Luna. After they were quite a distance from the elevator, Victoria spoke up. 

"I'll head to the convenience store for a bit."

"You mean, now? It's late," Amber replied. 

"I'm sure the kids are hungry and you too. I'll buy something light for a late dinner," Victoria said. 

"I'm going with you."

Amber clicked for the elevator's door to close. She rummaged into her backpack and put on her cap before passing a jacket and a cap to Victoria. 

Victoria looked blankly at the items. 

"It's cold out. Don't get sick." 

Hearing the explanation, she smiled warmly at her and whispered a soft 'thank you' as she wore the jacket. Amber acknowledge her gratitude with a nod. It didn't take long for the elevator's door to open at the ground floor. They head out towards the convenience store a block away from the dorm. The walkway was scarce of people and there wasn't so many cars on the road, considering it was in the middle of the night. It was breezy and the two members felt comforted by the absence of crowds. They walk side by side and would occasionally joke around along the way. 

The cashier greeted them with a strained smile as they browse through the store. Amber held the basket while Victoria pick out noodles and some snacks for the members. 

The boyish member texted Luna a short,'We're out to get late dinner. Want anything?'
 

A reply came a few minutes later,'Anything Vic-umma wants to cook.I'm fine with it.' 

Amber nodded to herself and put a pack of ramyun into the basket. They continued for another ten minutes before they decided that they should head back home. On their way back, they stopped at the dukbokki stall to get some spicy rice cake; their favorite midnight snack. When they arrived in front of their door, Victoria entered the passcode and the door opened with the light at the doorway automatically . 

"We're home," they whispered. 

There was no sign of anyone at the living room but Victoria cooked nevertheless. She can't be at ease knowing that her dongsaengs haven't eat dinner yet. Amber helped her tying up the apron behind her and prepared the ingredients. 

"I'll check on them for a bit," Amber informed. 

She got a nod as a response as Victoria tended to the boiling water in the pot. She stealthily went to her shared room with Sulli and found her sleeping soundly, hugging her pillow tight. The night light was on and Amber reminded herself to thank Luna for her thoughtful gesture. She slipped out of the room without making much noise and peeked into Luna's and Krystal's room. The two was also sleeping but Luna was resting her head on the desk-- apparently she fell asleep while writing some notes on her notebook. 

"Luna-ya, wake up."

"Oh, Amber-unnie."

"Dinner will be ready in any minute. Eat first," Amber told her. 

"What about the two maknae?"

"Let them sleep for awhile. They'll wake up when they smell the food."

"Got it," Luna said as she put aside her stationaries and followed Amber out of the room. 

Amber went to the kitchen to help Victoria while Luna set the dining table. She placed the dukbokki onto a plate and drooled at the sight of it. The hunger finally caught up with her and she found herself picking the chopsticks and popped one into . Her face showed content and she chewed the rice cake with satisfaction. 

"Dinner!"

The steaming pot of ramyun was mouth-watering and Luna moved out of the way so Victoria can put down the pot onto the table. Amber came out of the kitchen carrying her home-made salad. They sat around the small dining table and dig in. The taste of a warm dinner was amplified as they finally ate after all their work earlier. Indeed, the smell attracted the attention of the two sleeping maknae and they simultaneously went out of their respective rooms, heading straight to the living room. 

"Ramyun and dukbokki?"

"Yeap, simple yet satisfying. Let's eat," Victoria invited. 

The five of them, for the first time that day, sat around enjoying their meal and chit-chatting; their exhaustion slightly forgotten. Time passed by but no one made a move away from the table. Their full stomachs made them lazy and their eyes were droopy. 

"I'll do the dish tomorrow. Brush your teeth and hit the sack kids!"

"Yes, Vic-umma!" They said in unison. 

 

 

/A bonus two-shot(? or more) as I won't be updating my other story,Defle(x)tion, next week/