The news

Another day of f(x)

Without further ado:

 

Solo concert. It was something that they all wanted and wished for in their hearts but they never really speak up about it. There's a reason why SM didn't let them have one when they're already in their fifth year and they had accepted that fact when they were in their third year. It could be that Krystal's anemic condition prevented them from having one, or that SM felt they're not yet ready for one, or that SM had planned them to do more individual schedules than do something as a group. Just something, something that was good enough reason for SM or the CEO to not let them have a solo concert. The closest they get was the shared concert with their junior group, EXO, during the SM Town week but that only made them wish harder for a solo concert. Their own solo concert; not a stage of three or four songs in SM Town tours and definitely not one where they had to share the stage with a junior group whose fans probably took more than half the seats available.

 

"The reason we called the four of you here is because we're planning a solo concert for you in January next year," the CEO went straight to the point because they were busy people, him included.

 

"S-Sorry, did you just say a solo concert?"

"That's what I said."

"Okay, a solo concert. For us. Why?"

"You don't need to know. The point is you're having a solo concert in January. That's final."

"By all means, we are not complaining. So has the date been set yet?" 

"The 30th and 31st of January. Seoul Olympic Park Olympic Hall."

 

"Noted. Do you have anymore to tell us? I've got a plane to catch," Victoria asked.

"That will be all. You're dismissed."

The four members stood up from their seats and filed out of the room, Krystal at the very front and followed by Luna, Amber and then Victoria. They were all called up to the CEO's office for an emergency meeting at the middle of the night and they were all very tired and sleep-deprived but the news of their first solo concert pumped some adrenaline into their body and they were now headed to their practice room. Victoria, the sensible leader, grabbed some soda from the vending machine and decided to share some of her snacks in her hand bag with her members.

"So, we're having a solo concert next year. Did I hear it right?"

"Yes! Finally we're given the chance to showcase our abilities on our own stage!"

"I'm just going to pretend that it's not suspicious and be happy that we are finally going to do it," Krystal said as she lay down on Victoria's legs, getting herself comfortable.

"Maybe our hard work paid off. We all suffered this past year and honestly I welcome any good news for us," Victoria threw in a piece of her thought whilst running her hand through Krystal's hair.

 

"We can make this work, right?"

"Of course, Luna. We will," Amber reassured her.

"No matter what had happened, whatever that will come to challenge us, I promise I'll protect us. We've been through ups and downs but we will remain as f(x), Asia's Pop Dance Group."

"Asia's best Pop Dance group," Amber corrected Victoria.

"That's right. The best of all!"

They surrounded the maknae and begun piling up on her, making her groan in pain but she was smiling widely; something she's not doing ever since what happened with her sister and when her best friend-slash-soul mate left the group. On the floor, lying down and tickling each other, were Song Qian, Amber Josephine Liu, Park Sunyoung and maknae Jung Soojung. For that brief moment, they were their old selves, just having fun with each other without any burden and without having to care for their image. They're being their old selves and it felt like they had gone back through time, back to the day before their debut when they lay down on the floor with their shoulders touching and their hearts racing in excitement and in anticipation, except this time they're one member short. They were no longer five, but four.  Even as they try to deny it, they knew that the void in their hearts could never be filled again and nothing could ever make it better.

"Guys, I love you."

"We love you too Luna. We love you too," Victoria answered.

 

Sulli, we're finally getting a solo concert. It would be perfect if you're here, with us. We've dreamed about this for so long and it's finally coming true. I miss you. We miss you. 

 


 

There it is. I hope I didn't get rusty.