f(x) has FIVE members, f(5)

Another day of f(x)

Finale

 

When she told her mother that she was going back to Seoul, her mother only smiled. She hugged her only daughter in a tight embrace for a very long time before properly looking at her face. She turned away from her daughter when she felt that tears will follow the news. Sulli hugged her mother from the back and buried her face onto her mother's shoulder, her own tears falling down her cheeks. When the tears subsided, she released her mother and turned her so that they were facing each other. It was like looking into a mirror for both of them; red teary eyes, slightly running nose and a melancholic look in their eyes.
 
"Our JinRi. Mom felt uneasy when thinking that you're going back into the public's sight and every fault that they see can hurt you. No one's perfect but they're insisting that you be one. It's like leaving you in a den of hungry tigers," her mother confessed.
 
"Mom, I'm scared of them too and I hope I didn't have to go through it all over again but I must go. My members need me and I need them. They'll protect me and you know it. I've been burdening them with the heavy work load and I have the responsibility to go back. I love you."
 
"You've grown, JinRi-ah. I'm relieved that you have dependable unnie in your group. Send them my regards and I love you too, my baby."
 
"I'm thankful to them too. I couldn't have gone far without them," Sulli replied as she gave her mother one last hug before getting past the gate to board the airplane.
 
f(x)
 
 
She was surfing the Internet when the articles came up and she clicked on it after several minutes of hovering the link with the pointer mouse. Her lips curved into a smile when she saw the bright smile she was showing to the audience of the press conference. Most of all, she was glad that the smile looked natural and not forced.
 
f(x)'s Sulli ended her hiatus with appearance at 'Fashion King' movie press conference
 
Immediately, Amber took out her phone and was not surprised with the amount of text messages she received in their group chat.
 
Princess: Ssul, welcome back!! Heavy black heart 
 
Vic-umma: I'm proud of you, our Ssul
 
Sunyoung: We missed you Kissing cat face with closed eyesKissing cat face with closed eyes 
 
Ssul: It's been awhile. I'm sorry for making you all worried and it's my fault that you're put in between a rock and a hard place.
 
Ssul: Especially Ddudungie. You worked hard, too hard and collapsed again. I don't know how I can face you after all the trouble I've caused. Sorry
 
Me: It didn't change the fact that you're back, Ssul. You came back for us. That's what matters right now.
 
Vic-umma: That's right. We're not f(x) if you're not here. We're f(x) because there's 5 of us
 
Princess: Don't blame yourself, pabo-yah. I'm okay now
 
Sunyoung: We will protect you so don't be afraid. We're here for each other
 
Vic-umma: 1,2,3 f(x)!
 
Me: f(x)!
 
Sunyoung: f(x)!
 
Princess: f(x)! Remember, f(x) have five members
 
Ssul: Thanks guys, f(x)!
 
Amber pocketed her phone back into her shorts and switched off her laptop before picking out a cap for her impromptu outing.
 
It's a fine day for a quick run.
 
f(x)
 
 
The lights were on when she returned back to the dorm after long hours of busy schedules. She keyed in the password for the dorm's door and entered without knowing who was in there. She figured that Victoria had finished work early and was anticipating a nice warm late dinner.
 
"Vic-unnie? I'm home."
 
"SooJung-ah," called a voice that she hadn't heard for two months.
 
"Sulli!"
 
Krystal dropped her things on the floor and rushed to hug her self-proclaimed twin sister. The latter received the hug and even tightened the embrace as she had missed her so much the whole duration of her hiatus.
 
"Sorry to disturb your reunion but the others are waiting," Victoria cleared .
 
Embarrassed, Krystal backed away from Sulli but didn't let to of her hand in which the elder of the two squeezed, as if letting Krystal know that she's back for good and it was not a dream.
 
"Wait, others? Everyone's here?"
 
"Yes, we want to celebrate our Ssul's safe return and you finishing the filming for the drama."
 
They followed Victoria to the dining room and found the two last member of f(x) standing to block the table, smiling.
 
"1,2,3. SURPRISE!!"
 
They revealed the table full of Korean cuisine and a well-decorated cake in the middle of it all.
 
'Welcome back, Ssul. We love you. Krystal, you've worked hard.'
 
The duo was surrounded by their unnie and they did a group hug just like the one they did when they had first won the first place for Pinocchio. They let out their feelings and shared everything with each other; longing, frustration, sadness, pain, joy, happiness and love. Each of them had their share of responsibility and burden but it can be lessened so long they have each other.
 
They may be pulled apart, but their bonds will never be broken. They may have been strangers put under the name 'f(x)' five years ago but they are now a family, pursuing the same dream. Even if they went down a different path from each other, they will always get back together as f(x). It wouldn't matter if the whole world is against them as they have each other's back.
 
They aim to be different and wished to be acknowledged for their music. They had their lows and highs, sadness and joy, tears and laughters, through thick and thin they stick together. They are not perfect but they're sincere. Somewhere, there are people who love them; people who had been there from the beginning or people who had fallen for them after listening to their music. They are fans who feel pain when they're hurt - physically and emotionally - and fans who got teary when f(x) first won. They are fans that feel contented when they watch f(x) perform as five and feel empty when a member is missing. They might not have a fandom name but they are proud as f(x)'s fans.
 
"Great group + great fans = DAEBAK"- Amber