Five

In Between Here and There (and Nowhere and Everywhere)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Yoongi was shooting blanks now. He hadn't brought his camera with him when he went out, but he didn't have the time since he had an outburst. Yoongi needed a distraction and his camera would be a good one. But alas, Yoongi forgot.

 

Yoongi starts to question everything.

 

He knows he’s been writing ty lyrics. He’s so tired of making up rhymes which were not really in his head. He’s tired of pretending that he’s actually doing something rather than composing worthless beats which never go right. And Namjoon knows it was hard for him to write without a single speck of inspiration, but he just had to point it out.

 

Now, Yoongi feels so low, especially in front of his dongsaengs. He wonders if they think Yoongi is losing his touch. His spark. Yoongi wonders if he’s ever going to find that sliver of inspiration again. Yoongi thinks he’s not cut out for this. He thinks he’s just not good enough.

 

Yoongi knows he's short-fused and can be a real prick most of the time, but he was frustrated. He was so damn frustrated. He could not finish anything he started.

 

Yoongi knows something is off, but he can't place his finger on it. It's like an elephant in a small room. He knows it's there, but can't seem to understand why it is there.

 

So Yoongi ran. He ran until his legs hurt. Which wasn't saying a lot since he was a lazy kid growing up.

 

Yoongi, before Seoul, was a sensible kid. He would consider others before him, and would take care of others. The now Yoongi was a great contrast to the old Yoongi. Yoongi now was a bit kept to himself. As compared to the Yoongi then who had friends everywhere he goes.

 

Yoongi doesn't remember much from his childhood. All Yoongi remembers is that he wanted to forget. He was hurt so much when he left that he did all he can to forget the old Yoongi. He wanted that chapter in his life closed because-- he doesn't want to remember.

 

Yoongi’s phone vibrated as he was getting a call from a long-lost friend of his.

 

*

The party was already in full swing when Yoongi came. Hyosang had invited him to this unknown guy’s party. He needed a time off from the drama he has caused a while ago. Yoongi needed a lot of booze, and maybe a great lay.

 

“Yo, Yoongi! Come here for a sec.” Hyosang called him over.

 

“Yeah wait up!” Yoongi replied.

 

Though Yoongi was on the other side of the house, the place was pretty huge for a full scale party so he didn’t have a hard time maneuvering around the people. Yoongi was already into his fifth cup and he wasn’t planning on stopping even if gets faced. He wanted to forget. Yes, it was a really douchebag move that he played on Namjoon. He’ll just have to figure out how to apologize to him and the other member later on, if he still remembers.

 

“Yoongi, this is Yongguk. Yongguk, Yoongi.” Hyosang introduced Yoongi to Yongguk who, apparently, was like the part-owner of the house. Well, three of them were part owners, so.

 

“Hey, man. So, what’s this party for?” Yoongi asked over the blaring music.

 

“Oh! It’s for our Jiminie! He got this audition thing and he passed!” Yongguk replied then drank whatever’s in his cup.

           

Then it hit Yoongi.

 

It may not be Park Jimin Yoongi was looking for, but just the name itself created a spark within Yoongi.

 

Small eyes, chubby cheeks, fluid moves. Jiminnie. Park Jimin. His Park Jimin. His inspiration.

 

Jimin was the reason he was in this business. Jimin was the person who pushed him to pursue rap. Jimin was the person in his mind when he wrote his unfinished lyrics for Just One Day. And now, Yoongi thinks, he can finish that rap which almost took him two years to make.

           

He needed to write. He needed, “Paper.”

           

“Paper? You okay man?” Yongguk asked placing an arm on his shoulder.

           

“Uh, paper. I need paper.” Yoongi shoved Yongguk away and went through the front door.

           

Yoongi needed to write. Now. He needed to finish something. Yoongi doesn’t care if he stumbled all the way to their apartment or if he received looks when he did, but he needed to get home. He needed to get home right now.

 

*

           

“Park Jimin!” Someone shouted his name.

           

“Hyosang hyung!” Jimin went straight into Hyosang’s arms and gave him a hug.

           

“I missed you, hyung! How’s idol life?” Jimin asked.

           

Hyosang was part of a rookie group called Topp Dogg and they were getting famous really fast. And with fame comes more work, so Hyosang has seldom time to meet with his old friends.

           

“Same old, same old. Too much going on. By the way, congratulations! I heard about Bangtan. Actually, I brought someone here who’s a member of Bangtan, but I guess he went home already. You two would’ve clicked y’know?” Hyosang said.

           

“Oh well, hyung. I’d meet him sooner or later.”

           

“But it was so funny! He paled when he heard your name. Then he mentioned something about paper and writing? I don’t know. It’s the first time I’ve seen Yoongi like that.” Hyosang relayed while laughing in between.

           

Yoongi? Was it Min Yoongi? Was it the same Min Yoongi? Could it be?

           

“YAH

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter