Four

In Between Here and There (and Nowhere and Everywhere)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Namjoon knew right off the bat that this kid was special. The guys he’d seen so far were complete wrecks before and after they performed. That spoke a lot to Namjoon. Since performance was a big part of their idol life, one should be calm enough to run through their minds what they were going to do. This kid in front of him didn’t even look a bit fazed by the audition. He even dared to look Namjoon in the eye, if that was saying something.

 

Namjoon was already tired. It was very draining critiquing trainees on their mistakes. Now he knows how his sunbaes felt when they were plucking Namjoon apart. Namjoon prayed to the ones above to make this day worth it. And they did.

 

Now, Namjoon doesn’t want this kid to know that he was impressed with him so he kept his head hung low. Then he remembered Yoongi-hyung’s reminder. To be honest, no member went through this ordeal. They never had to dance to freestyle. Namjoon started to rap, and halfway, he decided to change the beat just to ruffle the kid’s feathers. But to his surprise, the kid caught on his change and even gave an eye smile for his accomplishment.

 

“He’s actually the best we’ve got. We just did this to confirm things. Even if he did horribly on this, we would still give him the spot,” PD-nim admitted. “What do you think?”

 

“Seriously speaking, he’s good. He’ll be a great addition to the team. I’m just worried about Yoongi-hyung.” Namjoon said. Yeah, Yoongi-hyung would be pissed.

 

“Let him deal with it. Besides, Yoongi will never have the heart to hate that kid. I mean, look at him, he’s so young, fresh, and a break from all your darkness. You need him, he needs you. It’s a win-win.” Bang PD-nim said with a mischievous smile.

 

Namjoon thinks PD-nim knows too much. Or maybe Namjoon just knows too little. Namjoon looks back to the kid who now sports a wide anticipating smile hoping that he would be picked for the last spot.

 

“Yah, kid.” Namjoon says in a low, amused voice.

 

“Yes, Namjoon-sshi?” Jimin said cheerily.

 

Um, how do I say this?

 

”Welcome to Bangtan Sonyeondan.”

 

Jimin smiles.

 

Next thing Namjoon knows, he’s been tackled to the ground by an eighteen year old, hundred pound of happiness. Namjoon’s ed.

 

            *

 

Jimin was blindingly glowing when he got out of the building. He was greeting everyone he passed by with a smile, even helping the elderly cross the street. Since he was in such a really good mood, he bought his friends mocha frappucinos.

 

“Dude, the is wrong with him?” Youngjae asks while sipping his drink.

 

“I know right? He's ing singing like Snow White.” Jiho snickers.

 

“Yah you guys! Maybe he caught the ebola virus!” Jihoon exclaimed.

 

“YAH YOU’RE A BUNCH OF PABOS! Obviously, he got in.”

 

“In whose pants?” The maknae, Junhong, asks which earned him a smack in the head from Daehyun.

 

“He got in the auditions for the last member of BigHit’s newest boy group.” Himchan said, the whipped cream from the frappe still clinging to the sides of his mouth. Yongguk grabbed a tissue and wiped Himchan’s mouth. Himchan blushed.

 

They were all staring at Jimin who was now washing the week? old dishes on the sink. He was wearing the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter