Lust, Love, and Attraction are just Fiiiinnnneeee nooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Aphrodite and the Ugly, Fat, Flying Baby

4 DAYS UNTIL D-DAY

[Location: Main Campus Library Hallway]

[BangHim Project: Planning]

[DaeJae Status: ???????]

“What did you do to him?” the blonde girl hissed, poking Youngjae’s yellow jacket distastefully. “How on earth did Jung Daehyun find, er, this yellow attractive?”

Youngjae huffed, pushing her finger away before glaring right back at the blonde and her friends. “Well, blondie, what is it that I have that you don’t? I don’t know, everything? Besides, yellow is a good color!”

Blondie gasped. “You are such a little -”

“Hey,” Youngjae shrugged, wanting to get into the library soon. “’s a big improvement from nerd, don’t you think?”

“You.. you disgusting gay-

“Ugh,” Youngjae sighed. “Girls like you exhaust me.”

“I am a girl!”

Youngjae stared at her. “Did I stutter?”

“Don’t interrupt me! Say you’re sorry!”

Youngjae rolled his eyes. “I am sorry,” he said in a monotone voice. “For the past few days I have caused you all so much trouble and hardship and I promise to do better from now on. In these past few days for not fainting and working so hard-”

“That’s more like it, ,” Blondie smirked.

“-I’m so thankful to myself.”

There was a silence.

Blondie blinked. “Did you just-”

“I did,” Youngjae deadpanned.

Then Blondie pulled the waterworks.

Jesus.

It made Youngjae remember when Yongwon (Youngjae’s older brother) asked him why he liked men.

Blondie’s nose started to drip.

"Heeeyyyyy." Youngjae peered closer at Blondie’s face, seeing himself reflect of her large eyelined eyes.

“Wh-what?” Blondie blushed.

Youngjae squinted at his reflection in her eyes. “Damn I look good today.”

“What the hell! Anyways, I liked Daehyun first, and-”

And for some reason, Youngjae suddenly felt annoyed.

He knew it wasn’t like he was the only one in the world that knew Daehyun. Heck, everyone in the campus knew the lame- and over half the population probably slept with him, but he still felt like...

Like he was supposed to be the only one special to Daehyun.

And it made Youngjae even more irritated.

“Did you hear that?” Youngjae put his hand to his ear. Blondie stopped talking, eyes wide as she looked around.

“What?”

The hallway was perfectly silent. You could practically hear a pin drop.

“That, my friend,” Youngjae said. “Is all the s I give.”

“I’m not your friend!”

“No, you’re not.”

Blondie shoved Youngjae slightly, her eyes narrowing. “What kind of friends do you even have? None, probably! That Kim Himchan is the campus weirdo anyways-”

“You’re right,” Youngjae said, a little annoyed that she brought Himchan into this. “My only friend is the thrill of the kill.”

“Uh,” Blondie blinked.

“That’s right,” Youngjae smirked.

“What? Daehyun may be dating you, but he’s mine!” Blondie snarled.

“No no, you don’t seem to understand, Daehyun is mine,” Youngjae narrowed his eyes.

And Daehyun chose that moment to show up.

Perfect timing.

“Youngjae? Hey, I was wondering- wwhoooaaaaaa whatareyoudoing.”

Youngjae grabbed Daehyun’s arm and slung it around his waist, the other boy’s hand resting on his hip as he leaned into Daehyun’s chest, smirking triumphantly at Blondie.

Daehyun, of course, had to ruin the moment, because he's an .

“Whoa, someone’s forward today, this is a pleasant surprise.”

Youngjae whipped his head around. “Daehyun, did your height change? Oh silly me, you just got bigger insoles.”

“HOW DID YOU KNOW,” Daehyun dramatically sighed, pulling Youngjae closer so their hips were pressed together, side by side. Youngjae laughed, giggling when Daehyun’s fingers lifted his yellow collared shirt slightly as he pressed them at the skin there. “I think this means you finally want my .”

Youngjae scoffed. “The only D you’re getting is Death.”

“Oh, is that a new aphrodisiac?”

“Oh you!”

“Please do.”

“You’re... you’re so impossible, Jung Daehyun!”

“I put the Dae,” Daehyun pecked Youngjae’s fuming cheek. “In the daebak.

There was a pause.

Youngjae twitched. “I’m going to on you.”

“Honey, what did I say about kinks?”

“Oh hell!”

Daehyun winked, pressing his lips against Youngjae’s burning ear. “Spank me later, you y beast.”

Youngjae giggled, pushing Daehyun’s chest slightly, his hands batting uselessly as Daehyun leaned in closer and placed a soft kiss at his temple.

“I will ing murder you and drink milk from your skull.”

“Oh, language babe, we have an audience.”

Both of them simultaneously looked over at Blondie as the girl squeaked, cast one last angry glare at Youngjae, and ran away.

“Oh,” Youngjae frowned, disappointed. “I wasn’t done taking my frustration out on her.”

“Oh,” Daehyun smirked, his hand on Youngjae’s hip brushing the blonde’s skin lightly as he steered them into the library. “Well I’m always up for hot angry if you want.”

“One day, I’m going to print out every single ual innuendo you’ve ever made, shape the papers into a giant , and shove it up your just to see if you can understand how much of a stick in my you’ve been for the past few days.”

“Oooh,” Daehyun moaned cheekily into his ear. “Twitchy, you’ve already got a stick up your anyways, want me to take it out?”

“Go away!”

Daehyun pulled at Youngjae’s yellow knit hat. “If you can pull of a beanie you can pull off my pants.”

Youngjae rolled his eyes, noticing that although they’ve walked into the library full of people, Daehyun doesn’t even stop for one second to check someone else out.

He’s too busy talking with Youngjae to notice anybody.

And Youngjae likes it that way.

And he thinks that he enjoys it so much.

Daehyun is really a sweetheart sometimes.

“My hurts. Can I bury it in you?”

Scratch that, Youngjae's brain temporarily malfunctioned and had to reboot, because he forgot that Daehyun's only function in life was to sleep, eat, have , and inhale cheescake.

“I heard you hurts. Can I cut it off?”

Daehyun snorted. “I like my balls, thanks. I just need a remedy because they hurt.”

“Hmm,” Youngjae pretended to think, frowning slightly. “My medical knowledge says that a swift kick to your gonads will do the trick.”

“But Youngjae,” Daehyun whined.

“You’re really deprived, aren’t you? Go on your bed or something. Use the black you have in your room.”

“I can to you right now if you’d like,” Daehyun offered honestly.

“I am not a bed, nor am I ion fodder,” Youngjae huffed, his cheeks burning as he settled down into a chair, swinging his backpack around to pull out his books. Daehyun slid into the seat next to him, grinning like an idiot and Youngjae huffed, turning his body so he was facing away from the other boy.

“Everywhere is bed if you try hard enough,” Daehyun smirked.

Youngjae pressed his hand over Daehyun’s offending face, rolling his eyes and tried not to smile. Daehyun laughed and Youngjae’s palm, causing the blonde to squeak and rip his hand away, blushing furiously and glaring.

“I was having pizza this morning and thought of you,” Daehyun said as he s an arm around Youngjae’s waist. Youngjae huffed as he opened one of his notebooks in front of him, opening his pencil case for a pencil.

“I had baby carrots earlier and thought of you .”

“Ooohhh,” Daehyun hissed, wincing as Youngjae smartly wrote ‘The Next Step of the BangHim Project’ into his notebook, the black ink shining on the lined page. “I think my is in pain now. Kiss it better for me?”

“Shut up, I'll rip it off,” Youngjae said and he tapped the notebook. “Any ideas of what else we could do?”

Daehyun leaned closer, resting his chin on the blonde as he looked at the notebook paper, rubbing against the soft spot on Youngjae's shoulder. Youngjae tried to breathe normally when he felt the grip on his hip tighten.

Frick frack fack fick fiddly foodoo fum fum frickle frickle fickle pickle frack frick fack frickity frack frack-

“Yongguk really likes that Jung Hyosung’s music,” Daehyun conversationally said as he casually slid his hand down lower so his palm rested lightly against Youngjae’s .

“Ooohh, so does Himchan,” Youngjae said excitedly, one hand writing down Hyosung’s name as the other hand went back to pinch Daehyun’s. Daehyun whined slightly before placing his throbbing hand back on Youngjae’s hip.

“I could get us tickets to Hyosung’s concert tonight,” Daehyun quipped.

Youngjae tilted his head. “What, but hasn’t the show been sold out for awhile?”

“Don’t worry about it. I can get us tickets,” Daehyun easily said. Youngjae frowned.

“But Daehyun,” Youngjae blinked. “The concert is sold out.”

Daehyun pointed at another page of Youngjae’s notebook. “What the hell is that?”

Youngjae huffed. “Don’t avoid the question, -”

“Are you seriously doing writing homework? What is this, fill in the blanks for extra credit?”

Youngjae pulled out the sheet, a little annoyed at the other boy.

“Of course,” he huffed.

Daehyun frowned. “...Don’t you have a hundred percent in that class already?”

Youngjae blinked. “Yeah?”

Daehyun looked lost. “You’re seriously doing extra credit anyways?”

Youngjae scowled. “It’s for extra credit! Plus, what on earth should I put for this question? Blank: hours of fun. Easy to use. Perfect for blank?”

Daehyun grinned. “The entire Internet: hours of fun. Easy to use. Perfect for a cat video so cute that your eyes roll back and your spine slides out of your .”

Youngjae choked on his spit. “Oh my god.”

Daehyun sat up and took Youngjae’s notebook into his own hands. “Ooh, I like the next one a lot.”

“Uh oh,” Youngjae giggled. Daehyun pinched Youngjae’s side, causing the blonde to jump and squeal. He cleared his throat.

“Hey baby, come back to my place and I’ll show you blank.”

“Oh! I know!” Youngjae sat up straight, raising his hand high up in the air.

Daehyun sat up straight too, grinning. “Yes, Student Yoo?”

Youngjae grinned. “My Powerpoint Presentation.”

Daehyun coughed. “Youngjae, I’m not sure if that’s what-”

“What?” Youngjae sat forward, frowning. “It’s y!”

Daehyun raised his eyebrows. “Is that a nerd code word for ?”

“Here, I’ll show you how y is done,” Youngjae huffed, and he stood up from his chair and placed his hands lightly on Daehyun’s shoulders, ignoring the stares from around the room as he leaned forward.

“Hey baby,” Youngjae said breathily into Daehyun’s ear, smirking as he hummed back.

“Come back to my place,” Youngjae giggled, tracing a finger up from Daehyun’s exposed collarbone, over his Adam’s apple, and tapping the underside of Daehyun’s chin. Daehyun swallowed nervously. “And I’ll show you my Powerpoint Presentation.”

Daehyun leaned forward, and suddenly Youngjae felt the other boy’s hands slide down his waist and rest at his hips as he leaned forward, the blonde’s suddenly weak knees lightly touching the other boy’s.

“Mmmm,” Daehyun throatily hummed. “Do the next one,” he said as Youngjae slid his hand up Daehyun’s toned arms and rested them on his shoulders.

Youngjae glanced down at the paper, his hand shaking as his joints felt weak when Daehyun pressed his fingertips into his hips. “Sp-spice up your life by bringing blank into the bedroom.”

Daehyun grinned. “Explosions. Spice up your life by bringing explosions into the bedroom.”

Youngjae looked up slightly, squinting. “How on earth would that work?”

“Next one,” Daehyun ignored Youngjae, snickering. Youngjae huffed indignantly.

“Hey! Jung Daehyun!”

“Let’s see-”

Youngjae hit Daehyun’s chest. “Hey!”

“Ah, I found a good one-”

Youngjae groaned and pushed Daehyun away, struggling against the other boy’s strong arms. “You absolute jerk, you, you-”

“Hmm?” Daehyun’s eyes sparkled. “ God? Hot mess? Big Dude?”

Youngjae looked up and glared, his eyes twitching with annoyance. “You tit cabob!”

“You’re into tit piercings?” Daehyun eyed Youngjae’s chest appreciatively. “Nice.”

Youngjae crossed his hands and covered his chest, horrified. “What the- Hey! Stop looking at my chest!”

Daehyun looked down at Youngjae’s offending paper again, pulling the annoyed blonde closer. “With just enough time and pressure, blank will turn into blank.”

Youngjae looked up, giving the evil Daehyun the meanest stink eye he could manage. “With just enough time and pressure, an ether soaked rag will turn into some goddamn peace and quiet.”

Yoo Youngjae, how could you?” Daehyun gasped. Youngjae huffed triumphantly.

“Next one: What do old people smell like?”

Daehyun grinned wickedly.

Youngjae widened his eyes, horrified.

"Don't you dare!"

“Old people smell like the primal, ball-slapping your parents are having right now,” Daehyun cackled.

Youngjae playfully swatted Daehyun’s chest again, struggling and giggling as Daehyun laughed with him, his arms snaking around the blonde’s slim waist. “Next on ESPN2” The World Series of blank.”

Youngjae grinned cheekily. “Next on ESPN2: the World Series of pulling out.”

Daehyun snorted, his shoulders shaking, making Youngjae feel ridiculously satisfied that he was the one that made Daehyun laugh so hard.

Huh.

“Next question: What has been making life difficult at the nudist colony?”

Daehyun grinned. “Making the es kiss,” he said as he yanked Youngjae forward, their hips colliding with each other and making the blonde gasp out and blush furiously.

“You’re so dirty,” Youngjae mumbled, his cheeks burning. "That doesn't even make any sense!"

“Next question,” Daehyun snickered, his eyes watching Youngjae giggle. “What would grandma find disturbing, yet oddly charming?”

Youngjae looked up, his eyes bright from unshed tears of laughter. “Men.”

Daehyun choked. “Yoo Youngjae!”

Youngjae stuck his tongue out.

Last question: What are my parents hiding from me?”

“Harry Potter a,” Daehyun whispered into Youngjae’s ear. Youngjae opened his mouth to scoff when he noticed that the entire library was staring at them openly, causing his cheeks to burn. He tried to push Daehyun’s chest away self-consciously.

“Daehyun,” he mumbled, his heart beating ridiculously fast when the other boy didn’t budge, only pressing the blonde closer to his body. “I don’t think-”

“Let them see,” Daehyun breathed back, his arms tightening around the blonde’s hips, their legs tangling with each other. Youngjae gritted his teeth and clutched the table to keep himself upright, his knees shaking. "We're dating, remember?"

“I-I’m going to on you,” Youngjae hissed, trying to look angry and intimidating, his voice cracking.

“We both know you’re basically all bark and no bite,” Daehyun growled, his eyes dark as he smirked slowly when Youngjae glared right back at him defiantly, shaking like a leaf.

“I am strong and manly. I am a man-”

“Mmmm,” Daehyun laughed,nuzzling Youngjae’s chin playfully. “You’re most definitely a man.”

Youngjae widened his eyes as Daehyun leaned closer, his heart beating erratically and his mouth suddenly dry as a desert.

“Daehyun, no, nono,” Youngjae hissed, cross-eyed, and Daehyun grinned, his nose touching the other’s softly.

“You mean, Daehyun, yes, yesyes,” Daehyun mumbled, his eyes trained on Youngjae’s lips. Youngjae blushed and pressed his palm against Daehyun’s lips, pushing the other boy away with a little more force.

“I really mean, no, no because-” Youngjae broke off, gasping when Daehyun kissed the blonde’s inner palm softly, nipping and biting at the skin there. “Daehyun! Stop, that’s distracting-”

Daehyun laughed slightly before Youngjae’s palm, causing the blonde to whimper softly, snatching his hand away from Daehyun’s mouth.

“Gross!” Youngjae squealed.

“Gotcha,” Daehyun said triumphantly before he leaned in, his lips-

“Ahem,” someone said behind them.

Youngjae jumped, blushing furiously when he saw the librarian tapping her foot in front of them, looking embarrassed with her arms crossed.

“If you two don’t mind, this is the library, not a place where you can flirt,” she said, her eyes avoiding the two of them like the plague, looking incredibly embarrassed. “Please continue to do this somewhere else.”

Youngjae opened and closed his mouth, his eyes wide as he struggled to explain.

“No, this is- I mean, I- this- no, I-”

Daehyun laughed and packed Youngjae’s stuff up, zipping his yellow backpack up and hauling the other boy to his feet. Youngjae gasped, his weak knees wobbling and he tripped, Daehyun’s arm wrapping itself securely around the blonde’s waist again.

“We will,” Daehyun winked at the librarian. “Take this somewhere else, I mean.”

Youngjae, blushing furiously, punched Daehyun in his stupid chest and yanked his backpack from the other boy’s grip, storming out of the library in a huff, his heart and mind racing wildly.

----------

[Location: DaeJae Dormitory]

[BangHim Project: Forward we go, ho ho ho!]

[BangDae Status: AWOL]

[Himchan Status: NUTS (the figurative kind and the male anatomy kind)]

[Youngjae Status: COMMENCE THE HAIR LOSS]

“Hyung, I’ll leave the psychology notes on human emotion outside your door then,” Jongup said, his voice crackling yet sounding happy over the phone.

Youngjae grunted, looking at the mountain of clothes in their living room and Himchan’s screeching figure in the center, groaning and rolling his eyes.

Himchan let out an inhuman wail of “WHAT DO I WEAR TO tEH CONCErT?!”

“Was that Himchan-hyung?” Jongup sounded concerned.

Youngjae took the cellphone, covered the mouthpiece, and then let out a screech of anger (“MY ING HAIRIIRIRIRIRRR.”) before he put the phone back up to his ear.

“Why yes,” Youngjae said pleasantly, breathing heavily. “That was our dear, dear, dear hyung.

Jongup chuckled. Youngjae twitched. “Is he still stressing about what to wear to Hyosung’s concert?”

“HELL,” Youngjae spat. “HE’S GOING TO HELL.”

Jongup laughed again. “Hyung, have fun at Hyosung’s concert.”

“Shut up,” Youngjae grumbled before hanging up as Jongup laughed again.

“HIMCHAN,” Youngjae screeched. Himchan spun around, his eyes wide as he clutched his hat in panic.

“YOUNGJAE, WHERE’S MY SHORTS?”

“Why are you- wait, what? What the hell,” Youngjae blinked. “Are shorts?”

“My needs primping,” Himchan whined. Youngjae groaned.

“Himchan, ,” he pointed at the clock, his eyes twitching as he took deep breaths to calm himself down. “We need to be out the door in five minutes. I am going to go put on my tight pants, you’re going to put on clothes, and we’re going to be in front of Daehyun’s room all ready to be driven.”

“But,” Himchan blubbered, bending over and showing Youngjae all his glory. “My shorts-“

“I ING DON’T CARE ABOUT YOUR SHORTS, STUFF YOUR IS A HOTDOG AND CALL IT AN OUTFIT FOR ALL I CARE,” Youngjae roared, slamming the door to his room shut before violently putting his flubby legs into the goddamn pants. “FIVE MINUTES, KIM HIMCHAN, OR I WILL ROAST YOU ON AN OPEN SPITFIRE AND SING THE CAMPFIRE SONG, DO YOU HEAR ME?”

“But-“

“HIMCHAN, DID I STUTTER.”

“Yessir,” Himchan said, his voice miserable and muffled.

And that was how, five minutes later, Youngjae, red-faced and puffing, dragged a very sad Himchan in front of Daehyun’s room, ignoring all the other looks the students were giving them. Yongguk opened the door, whimpering in fear slightly when Youngjae glared at him.

“Are you and the ready, or are you ready to die?” Youngjae hissed.

Yongguk swallowed nervously. “Uh, Daehyun is-“

“Hey Youngjae,” Daehyun peaked out of his room, his hair mussed as he grinned and pulled on his leather jacket. “You’re actualy on time.”

Yongguk stepped back to let Himchan and Youngjae in. Himchan blushed. Youngjae stuck his tongue out, giving Daehyun the finger.

“I am always on time,” Youngjae huffed. “Always.”

Daehyun grinned.

Youngjae poked his finger against Daehyun’s stupidly hard chest.

“Don’t you dare sa.”

“Do you-“

“No.”

“Do-“

“No!”

“Do you even come on time?” Daehyun said, obviously amused as Youngjae scowled.

“Now listen here, you-“ Youngjae stopped. “What is that- what is that smell?”

Daehyun blinked. “What smell?”

“That smell,” Youngjae leaned forward, the sickly stench of something remotely flowery stinging his nose. “It’s all wrong. You usually smell like mints and fabric softener and-“

“Whoa wait,” Daehyun leaned away, fidgeting when Youngjae rubbed his nose against his neck, softly inhaling. “Are you sniffing me? Wait-“

Youngjae frowned.

This smell… it was too… too flowery. Too fragrancy.

Too…not Daehyun.

Daehyun’s supposed to smell like fabric softener and mint and sometimes if he’s just out of the shower (like in the morning), Youngjae thinks Daehyun smells like his heavenly shampoo, and although he’d never admit it, Youngjae loves Daehyun’s shampoo more than he loves chocolate covered pretzels. And chocolate covered pretzels give Youngjae life.

That's saying something.

(Youngjae also would rather die than admit that Daehyun smells good.)

Daehyun’s supposed to smell like… Daehyun.

And this scent was too… too wrong.

It smells too… too feminine.

“You smell wrong,” Youngjae mumbled softly, his hands clutching the front of Daehyun’s leather jacket as he pulled the other boy back into his room. Daehyun stumbled as Youngjae pushed him on to the bed, blinking, confused as Youngjae turned around and looked through his laundry basket.

“What- Youngjae, I hope you realize that the basket’s full of dirty clothes, right?”

Youngjae turned around, satisfied as he found the shirt that Daehyun had worn when they had wrestled in the snow together on the third day they knew each other.

Daehyun eyed the shirt. “Uh, Youngjae, what- mmph!”

Youngjae then proceeded to smother Daehyun with it, frowning and biting his lip when the other boy struggled.

“Daehyun!”

“What the are you-“

Daehyun!”

“Wha- mmph! Youngjae-“

“Daddy,” Youngjae said softly. Daehyun looked at him, bewildered, breathing heavily, his hair adorably all messed up. “Hold still.”

“And let you smother me with my dirty clothing?” Daehyun said incredulously. “What even- whoa whoa whoa wait what are you doing hold on whoa-“

Youngjae tossed the rumpled shirt on to the floor before scooting on the bed as well, his hands on either side of Daehyun’s body.

“Now,” Youngjae narrowed his eyes at the other boy. “Let me sniff you.”

“What.” Daehyun’s voice cracked, leaning farther away from the blonde in front of him. “WHAT.”

“Hold still!” Youngjae huffed, climbing on the bed as he practically straddled the other boy, still trying to get Daehyun to hold still.

"WHAT," Daehyun struggled, his eyes wide.

Really.

What’s the big deal?

Youngjae’s only getting him to smell right.

“Youngjae,” Daehyun said huskily as he swallowed, his eyes trained on the other boy’s lips. “I don’t think this is a good idea-“

“Shh,” Youngjae sighed softly, and he buried his nose into Daehyun’s neck, finally smelling what he wanted.

Although it smelled kind of weird and musty (what did you expect, it’s an old piece of clothing), but fabric softener and mint with a hint of that really good shampoo all the same. Youngjae sighed contentedly, wrapping his arms around Daehyun’s neck and keeping them there, pressing himself softly against the other boy’s chest as he inhaled.

“That’s better.”

“Uh, mommy,” Daehyun sounded strained. “This is nice and all, but your is really nice in those pants of yours, and you’re just really not helping my case right now.”

Youngjae looked up. “What’s wrong?”

He looked down.

And then he realized he was practically on top of him.

Sniffing him.

He realized he was making a fuss because Jung Daehyun didn’t smell right.

Oh.

Good God, someone shoot him now.

Yongguk burst in, the smile on his face freezing as Youngjae leapt off Daehyun’s lap, his face burning. Daehyun cleared his throat.

“Uh, I, uh, hate to bother you,” (“YOU WEREN’T BOTHERING ANYTHING,” Youngjae sputtered frantically), “But we have to leave soon, and uh, Himchan and I will be waiting in the car.” He closed the door. Youngjae and Daehyun heard his soft footsteps retreat before they slowly came back again, the door opening this time to a slyly grinning Himchan.

“Don’t get on the floor,” Himchan snickered.

"What," Daehyun said, his voice sort of strangled sounding.

“Careful,” Youngjae hissed. “Your ugly face is showing.”

Himchan laughed before he closed the door again. Daehyun cleared his throat.

“We should, uh, get in the car,” he grinned, grabbing Youngjae’s sides and hoisting him up. Youngjae giggled, stumbling slightly. Daehyun immediately reached out, grabbing Youngjae’s arm.

“Careful,” he laughed softly. “You’re our driver tonight.”

Youngjae scoffed, trying not to blush as he yanked his arm out of stupid Daehyun’s grip. “What. You better not imagine the stick shift as you when I’m driving or I’ll on you.”

Daehyun snorted, following the blonde out the door. “I’m starting to think that thing is a kink of yours.”

Youngjae rolled his eyes and smacked Daehyun’s chest. Daehyun yelped.

Ow, what the hell was that for?”

Youngjae flipped him off as he climbed into the driver’s seat.

“Talk get hit, moron.”

Daehyun snorted as he climbed into the passenger seat.

Yongguk and Himchan were creepily giggling in the back.

(Like HEEHEEHEETEEHEEHEE.)

“I can’t believe I thought you were some straight-laced nerd when you first came to me,” Daehyun sighed dramatically. “You were so cute. What happened?”

Youngjae scowled as he yanked the stick shift into reverse. “You happened, you bead.”

“I like your purity,” Daehyun said. Youngjae could practically hear his amusement in his voice. “Can I have it?”

“Get out of the car,” Youngjae groaned.

Daehyun clicked his tongue. “Now now, how will you get into the concert without my tickets?”

“Let’s pretend,” Youngjae said. “That this stick shift is your .”

Daehyun eagerly eyed the stick shift.

“Okay.”

Youngjae gripped the stick shift sensually.

Daehyun swallowed.

Youngjae then yanked the stick shift harshly, whipping it into drive before stepping on the gas pedal, the car peeling out of the parking lot.

“Ouch,” Daehyun winced. “Are you sure you’re legal for driving?”

“Aced my test,” Youngjae huffed proudly.

“You’re legal right?” Daehyun grinned. “Wanna do illegal things?”

Youngjae twitched. “You are asking to be killed,” he seethed.

“When’s your birthday?”

Youngjae blinked, his hands gripping the wheel. “In January, why?”

Daehyun’s voice shook with an effort to keep himself from laughing. “Can I eat your cake?”

“…”

“Heh. Heh heh heh heh. Heh heh…”

Youngjae kept one hand on the wheel and reached over to blindly grab at Daehyun’s face, clawing whatever he could reach.

Ow, Youngjae, ow, ow, ow, ow! Youngjae, please, ow-“

“Uh, I hate to break the moment,” Himchan said from the backseat. “But I think we just drove through four red lights and I really don’t want to die today.”

Yongguk giggled in a high pitched voice.

“Himchan, you’re so cool!” Yongguk praised.

“Heh, you think so?” Himchan rubbed his nose proudly.

Youngjae caught Daehyun’s eye.

They immediately burst out laughing.

And then they started screaming as Youngjae drifted into the other lane with the oncoming traffic.

-------

[Location: TS Entertainment Concert Hall]

[BangHim Project: Let’s go freeze our asses!]

[BangHim Status: Fluffy and Cozy]

[DaeJae Status: Snots a-leaking, hearts a-bleedin’]

Youngjae shivered slightly, eyeing Himchan and Yongguk enviously as they snuggled together, their coats keeping them both warm.

“I’m gonna die,” Youngjae complained. Daehyun laughed, his teeth chattering and the tip of his nose adorably red from the cold.

“Come here, mommy,” Daehyun grinned as he wrapped an arm around Youngjae’s waist and pulled him close, taking his jacket and wrapping the fabric around both of their bodies. Youngjae squeaked, too warm now to protest, butfelt his face heat up in embarrassment.

“Daehyun-“

“Sshh,” Daehyun hummed, pinching Youngjae’s sides, causing the blonde to squeal and jump slightly. “Mommy shouldn’t complain, since Daddy will always be here for him.”

“That’s some kawaii ,” Youngjae said, his voice uneven, his heart beating wildly.

Daehyun grinned. “You know what’s also cute?”

Youngjae looked up, squinting. “If you say my , I’m going to shove you away and leave you to freeze, alone and cold.”

“Darn, how’d you know?” Daehyun winked, and Youngjae hit Daehyun’s chest.

“I’m going to kick-“

“-Kick my teeth in, I know,” Daehyun finished for him, grinning crookedly. “We’ve been around each other for too long, haven’t we, twitchy?”

Youngjae sniffed. “Shut up, ,” he huffed, burying his face in the warmth of Daehyun’s neck, shivering.

Somewhere inside, someone’s phone went off, playing ‘A Thousand Miles’ by Vanessa Carlton.

Daehyun hummed along. “Makin my way downtown, walkin fast, haulin cause it’s COLD OUTSIDE.”

Youngjae laughed, looking up. “Da dadada dada- and I’m freezing.”

Daehyun looked down, the mist from their breaths mingling. “Da dadada da, and snots’ leaking.”

Youngjae grinned. “Da dadada dada, and now I ponder: if I should go into the concert and see, or stay in bed and watch TV.”

Daehyun snorted. “Sometimes I feel like we’ve been friends forever.”

Youngjae shivered when a cold wind blew around them. “My friendship comes at three levels: sass, insults, and inappropriate ual wit.”

Daehyun frowned slightly. “Damn, I think I’m stuck at insults.”

“No, you ,” Youngjae pulled away as the line started to move inside the concert hall, turning quickly so Daehyun wouldn’t catch his blush. “You’ve progressed to inappropriate ual humor a while ago.”

Daehyun laughed from behind him, grinning like the idiot he was. “Wait, are you saying that we’re actually friends?”

“What?” Youngjae studiously turned the other way, crossing his arms as he felt his cheeks burn.

“I can’t believe it. Yoo Youngjae actually admitted that we’re friends!”

“Shout it out to the world, will you?” Youngjae yelped when Daehyun pulled him into a bear hug, laughing loudly.

“I’m so happy!”

“Wha- what the hell, Daehyun! Let me go- ow! Wait- what are you-“

Daehyun planted a big kiss on Youngjae’s burning cheek, pulling back and grinning happily as he slid his gloved hands down to hold the squirming blonde’s hips, his eyes twinkling and his pulled into a wide smile.

Youngjae just wanted to punch him.

“Wipe that smile off your face, you asshat!”

“But I’m so happy!”

“That we’re friends?” Youngjae incredulously said, his voice shaking slightly, his cheek burning where Daehyun’s soft lips had touched it. “What are you, five?”

“For you I am,” Daehyun squealed, pulling Youngjae in for another hug. Youngjae panicked, placing his hands on Daehyun’s shoulders and holding his upper body away as Daehyun crashed their hips together, their legs tangling. All around them, the other concert-goers waiting in line and cooed at them, giggling and taking pictures. Daehyun pouted as Youngjae’s arms shook from the effort of holding himself away from the other boy, glaring at Daehyun as he blushed furiously.

“Jung Daehyun! Let go, or I’ll-“

“No,” Daehyun pouted. “I’m not letting go.”

Daehyun!”

Youngjae!” Daehyun whined, pulling Youngjae closer.

“NONONONONONO,” Youngjae struggled and squeaked as Daehyun turned him around, pressing the blonde’s back against his chest, his lips right next to Youngjae’s burning ears. “Daehyun, stop-“

“Thanks for calling me your friend,” Daehyun laughed, his breath tickling Youngjae’s ear. “The sentiment is appreciated, mommy.”

“Quit it!” Youngjae struggled, biting his lip as he tried not to lean backwards into Daehyun's hug. “I-“

“Jung Daehyun!” A female voice called from the front of the line, breaking Youngjae out of his bubble. A female with orange(?) hair hurried towards them.

“I have your tickets,” Orange Hair grinned, panting slightly as she handed Daehyun backstage passes. “Four, correct?”

“Yeah, thanks Sunhwa,” Daehyun grinned, reaching out and taking the passes, carefully hanging one on Youngjae’s neck. Sunhwa giggled, and when she leaned closer, Youngjae gagged at the perfume she had on.

It actually smelled strangely familiar.

Like Youngjae had smelled it before.

Which is a hard thing to do, since Youngjae doesn’t really go out a lot, or hang around girls a lot.

So it must have been fairly recent.

Where had he smelled that before- oh.

The floral scent.

It was the same as when he saw Daehyun in his room, earlier today day-

“Youngjae?” Daehyun’s voice said, concerned, his arms still wrapped around the blonde’s waist. “Are you alright?”

“She’s very pretty,” Youngjae said, feeling ridiculously bitter. Daehyun blinked.

“Yeah, of course. She’s Hyosung’s manager?” Daehyun turned Youngjae around to face him. “Youngjae? What’s wrong? You look like you’ve just eaten something sour.”

“I’m fine,” Youngjae said blankly. Because he is.

Daehyun blinked, clearly disbelieving.

He’s fine!

I mean, he knows that it wouldn’t be long before Daehyun went back to sleeping around with everyone again, anyways.

It was going to happen, sooner or later.

Yeah.

Youngjae’s completely fine with that, because the only reason why Daehyun even makes time for a loser like him is because of Yongguk and Himchan.

So this shouldn’t really matter.

Maybe Youngjae’s a little sick, that’s why his chest is aching and his stomach is flipping itself silly.

I mean, it is really cold outside.

But Youngjae’s fine.

Really.

He’s just-

Just fine.

---------

[Location: Inside TS Concert Hall]

Youngjae was thoroughly convinced that although Himchan was the real Hyosung fan at the concert, Jeon Hyosung was a goddess.

Plus, the featuring artist, Song Jieun, can actually sing.

I mean, jesus.

Honey vocals! Honey vocals!

However, while everyone else cheered the two beautiful women on as they performed, Youngjae sat silently in his seat, his mind whirling, thoroughly bothered.

It’s not like Daehyun was obligated to stop his ways with other people.

Youngjae was just fine with everything!

Really!

But whenever the concert would get really exciting, Youngjae couldn’t ignore how Daehyun would excitedly look down at him, his usually relaxed and amused expression morphed into one that resembled an excited puppy. About how clueless Daehyun was for someone who’s known to be a casanova when Youngjae shook him off as the other boy tried to get him to stand up and cheer.

“Daehyun, let me go, stop, stop! Daehyun! GET AHOLD OF YOURSELF, MAN.”

Daehyun jumped up and down, his smile super wide as he slipped his arm around Youngjae’s waist, like it was the most natural thing in the world. Himchan and Yongguk were watching them intently, giggling behind their hands, like the old fart creeps they were.

“We’ll go and check out the stores around here,” Himchan said, gripping Yongguk’s hand as the concert ended, the hysterical fans clearing out of the concert arena. “You guys have fun meeting Hyosung backstage! Youngjae, don’t forget to get Hyosung to sign my lace .” Himchan shoved a frilly piece of light pink into Youngjae’s hands.

Yongguk and Daehyun’s jaws immediately dropped.

“Ew, hyung,” Youngjae tried to give them back. “I’m not touching these.”

“But,” Himchan bit his lip. “I’m giving up this chance of meeting Hyosung for you.”

“WHY,” Youngjae twitched. “I DON’T HAVE ANYTHING THAT YOU NEED TO GIVE UP FOR.”

"You wear lace underwear?" Yongguk gulped helpfully.

Youngjae wanted to put his foot through the wall. You'd think as the oldest, scariest one present, Yongguk would help with the situation but noooo.

Yongguk was more interested in the pink lace underwear than helping Youngjae out.

Of course.

"Priorities!" Youngjae roared.

“Hush,” Himchan said before stuffing the underwear into Youngjae’s yellow jacket.

“I think my tigger just stood up,” Yongguk offered helpfully.

Daehyun choked on air, while Youngjae kicked Himchan in the shins.

“Now your husband is making tigger innuendos!”

“HE’S NOT MY HUSBAND.”

“IF HE’S NOT YOUR HUSBAND, I ONLY HAVE ONE GONAD.”

“YOU ONLY HAVE ON GONAD.”

“YOU’RE WRONG, I HAVE TWO.”

"YOUNGJAE, MALES ONLY HAVE ONE ."

"I AM THE MEDICAL STUDENT HERE," Youngjae roared, pointing to himself. "YOU HAVE ONE LONG PART OF YOUR MALE UAL ORGAN. ALL MALES HAVE TWO GONADS, ."

“Guys,” Daehyun coughed. “We’re in a public place.”

Youngjae narrowed his eyes. “Says the person that walked around with a retractable in his back pocket.”

Daehyun coughed again, his ears adorably pink. “You heard about that? That was last year!”

“It’s hard not to hear about you, seeing as you are the person everyone wants to know on campus.”

“What,” Daehyun looked at him strangely. “I am?”

“This is besides the point!” Youngjae turned to Himchan, only to find that the er left already.

Daehyun s an arm around Youngjae’s waist. “We’re going backstage to meet Hyosung! Aren’t you excited? You’re supposed to be excited!”

“Wooo,” Youngjae deadpanned, stumbling as Daehyun pulled him in front of the backstage door. “I am so excited.”

“You’re going to be so-”

Daehyun immediately then was hit by the backstage door opening at the speed of light as Hyosung stuck her head out the door, her eyes sparkling and her hair vibrantly purple.

“Oh my god, Youngjae, you’re cuter in real life! You’re so cute, ohmygod, I want to SQUISH YOU!”

“Uh,” Youngjae felt nice and all, but this was the woman that Himchan had plastered all over his bedroom walls. “Uh? Daehyun? Uh? UH? UHH???”

“Come in!” Hyosung grabbed Youngjae’s arm and then stepped on Daehyun’s leg. The other boy sat up immediately, whining and rubbing his red nose.

“What the hell, Hyosung!”

“Oops,” Hyosung apologized, not sounding sorry at all. “I forgot you existed! Silly me!”

Youngjae turned around and placed both his hands on Hyosung’s shoulders. “I think we’re going to get along quite well.”

Hyosung grinned. “Dontcha think? C’mon in, I have something to show you!”

And then she led him into the backstage room.

Without letting Daehyun in.

--------

Apparently, what Hyosung wanted to show him was

the

fanfiction.

Honestly, Youngjae reads himself a little fanfiction (because how could anyone really resist the thought of Cha Hakyeon and Jung Taekwoon snuggling together? VIXX, baby. Stoic boyfriend and super loud boyfriend! Killer combo!) but it’s really never been this close to home.

Close to home as in Hyosung was showing him fanfiction about Daehyun and..

and...

and himself.

Apparently, there have been people taking pictures of him as well, as there was this one picture where he was spitting, red-faced, in Himchan’s pink frilly apron, his hair a bird’s nest, outside of his dormitory room holding a knife against Daehyun’s neck.

“Give some of these stories a try! They’re super cute!” Hyosung giggled, passing her iPad to Youngjae’s lap as Daehyun slammed his fists against the other side of the door.

“Uh, wait, I am not mentally prepared, please spare me-”

“READ,” Hyosung said, her eyes suddenly dark and scary.

OOhhkaay!” Youngjae squeaked.

“My favorite one is this one! It’s called ‘My Class President Is Not This y?!’”

Youngjae squinted his eyes.

“What the actual ? What kind of stupid name is that?”

“Heehee!” Hyosung winked innocently.

Youngjae thinks he might die if he doesn’t read, so he does.

 

“Daehyun!” Youngjae panted, clutching Daehyun’s arm. “Please! You don’t understand!”

 

Huh. At least he has character in this.

 

“What,” Daehyun said stiffly, his jaw clenching. “What am I not understanding?”

Youngjae hesitated. “I- I didn’t sleep with you just for the moment!”

 

Wait, what.

WHTATATAT.

 

“What did you sleep with me for, then? Fun? Was it fun to play with the class president like this? What did you want from me? Perfect attendance?”

“Daehyun- wait! No!” Youngjae desperately grabbed Daehyun’s arm again.

 

What the.

Youngjae felt his eyes start twitching.

Daehyun was the class president?!

He was the smart one here!

Youngjae should be the class president!

Youngjae squinted at the writer.

'Natsukoi', you’re gonna have a long complaint email from Yoo Youngjae later.

Either that, or Youngjae already had started to plan the author’s death.

 

What is is, Youngjae?”

“I slept with you... because I love you!” Youngjae cried out, tears spilling and falling down his soft cheeks.

“What,” Daehyun looked at him in wonder, his previous anger forgotten. “Youngjae, you love me? I had no idea!”

Daehyun immediately placed his hands on Youngjae’s thin hips and pulled him closer, tilting the younger boy’s head up and placing a gentle kiss against Youngjae’s soft lips.

“Oh, Daehyun,” Youngjae gasped.

“Oh, Youngjae,” Daehyun breathed, and he deepened the kiss, gently nibbling on Youngjae’s lower lip, it softly when the other boy let out a low whine.

 

This is seriously embarrassing.

Youngjae squirmed as he felt Hyosung’s expectant gaze on him, his cheeks slowly turning red.

 

They kissed for fifty minutes.

 

Holy-

They kissed for fifty minutes?

What.

 

Daehyun pulled back, placing his forehead against the blonde’s and gazed into the other’s big eyes.

“Gotcha,” he laughed softly.

“What?” Youngjae gasped when he felt Daehyun’s hands squeeze his hips gently.

“I kinda knew you liked me. I like you too!”

“Oh, Daehyun!” Youngjae blubbered, his big eyes shimmering with tears like the moon. “I’m so happy!”

Youngjae and Daehyun pranced off into the distance, hand-in-hand, and adopted forty African children and loved each other forever and ever and ever, revelling in their forever love-love until they died at the same exact time.

 

Youngjae looked up incredulously, his cheeks hot.

“Could I get any more unmanly?!” Youngjae shook the iPad. “I am a man! I am manly!”

“Oh, look at you,” Hyosung cooed, pinching Youngjae’s cheeks. “You’re so cute when you’re embarrassed!”

“I’m not embarrassed!” Youngjae coughed, his cheeks burning, swatting the singer’s hands away.

“Yes you are!”

“I’m not- I’m not! I’m not embarrassed-”

Daehyun then kicked the door down with a sickening crack.

“Damn,” Hyosung frowned.

Youngjae gasped and immediately moved away from Hyosung’s hand, blinking and blushing furiously.

Suddenly, Daehyun’s lips looked really nice.

Youngjae wondered what it would feel like to kiss them.

Dooo iitttttttt, Youngjae’s whispered.

Have you no shame, Youngjae’s mind scolded.

Doooo itttttttttt, Youngjae’s argued back.

Have you no shame, Youngjae’s mind answered.

Dooooo iitttttttt-

Daehyun grabbed Youngjae’s arm and pulled him out, his mouth pressed into a thin line. Youngjae winced slightly as they walked swiftly into the cold outside air and back into the car.

“Ow,” Youngjae whined. “I will bite you, let go! Ow, Daehyun! You’re hurting me!”

Surprised, Daehyun immediately let go, his eyes wide as he spewed apologies. Youngjae pulled himself into the passenger’s seat, avoiding Daehyun’s eyes.

“, I didn’t mean to-”

“Daehyun, it’s fine.”

“I was just preoccupied-”

“Daehyun-”

“I didn’t mean to hurt-”

“Daehyun!”

“I’m so sorry, I really am, it’s not going to bruise, is it-”

Daddy,” Youngjae snorted, looking out the window, hoping that Daehyun wouldn’t see that his cheeks were still burning.

“But-”

“It’s fine, god, take that stick outta yerr , will ya?” Youngjae imitated Daehyun’s Busan accent. “Gawd.”

Daehyun silently put the car in reverse and pulled out of the parking lot, uncharacteristically silent, filling the air with a strange tension.

Daehyun cleared his throat.

“What did you guys do in there?” Daehyun asked softly.

“Huh?” Youngjae thought of the fanfiction and immediately turned red. “We got rubbed. I mean! I mean, we talked about getting a- a...” Youngjae’s mind spun to come up with an excuse. “A hot tub! Yeah! Not... not rubbed. Yeah.”

“Haha,” Daehyun laughed humorlessly. “What else?”

Oh God, why is he asking?

Wait.

Does he know about the fanfiction?

Youngjae peaked at Daehyun and eyed his lips warily, because God they looked so soft.

Youngjae was going insane.

He thinks he’s going to lose hair over this too.

SISTAR HYORIN, Youngjae's hair reminded him.

.

“She said she thought we were going to be good friends?”

Daehyun bit his lower lip.

HE KNOWWWSSSSSSS, Youngjae’s mind screamed. HE KNOWS YOU’RE ANALYZING HIS SOFT FACE PILLOWS.

“I said I liked her titty.”

Daehyun choked and the car swerved out of the lane before righting it again hastily.

What?!”

Youngjae buried his face into his palms.

“Oh God, I meant ‘too’! I meant I liked her too, God Daehyun, shouldn’t you at least question what I say?”

“How was I supposed to know?” Daehyun sputtered, looking adorably flustered. He chewed on his lower lip again.

Youngjae actually felt his hairs fall out one by one as he stared helplessly at Daehyun’s now slightly swollen lower lip.

It didn’t help that Daehyun was making that ‘I am concentrated face’ because he was driving.

XXXXXXXXXXX.

Kiss me darling kiss me, kiss me tonight, sang Youngjae's arm hairs.

“Why are you so curious, anyways?” Youngjae said after awhile, his eyes still trained on Daehyun’s lips.

“It’s because of you,” Daehyun explained, frowning.

“What,” Youngjae frowned. “What did I do this time?”

“It’s not something you did,” Daehyun said slowly. “You looked at her like that.”

“Like what.”

“You know.”

“Daehyun, I know I’m incredibly smart and nice, but I’m still not ing Sherlock Holmes!”

“You looked at her the way you should be looking at me!” Daehyun blurted out.

Youngjae blinked. “What. I am confused.”

Daehyun violently pulled into the driveway of the dormitory parking lot.

“I don’t get it either! But I am just,” Daehyun violently yanked the stick shift into park. “I am just so pissed off right now.”

Youngjae was genuinely confused, because he doesn’t recall ever even looking Hyosung completely in the eye.

He had spent the whole time thinking about Daehyun’s lips, and his stupid- face, and his stupid arms, I mean why are they so perfect it’s not fair!

But Youngjae wasn’t going to mention that because Daehyun looked really annoyed and Youngjae’s super nice.

“It’s-a me! Mario!”

Daehyun snorted. “What.”

“Play along,” Youngjae whined. Daehyun looked like he was trying not to smile.

“You... you... you! You’re impossible! I’m trying to be pissed off!”

Youngjae cackled gleefully, poking Daehyun’s shoulder. “Glad to see that you finally realize how I feel around you, all the time. Now stop being a party-poop and play along, Daddy.”

"The things I do for you, mommy," Daehyun rolled his eyes. “It’s a me! Luigi!”

Youngjae giggled. “Oh-ho!”

Daehyun was smiling now. “Mama-mia!”

“Luigi! What-a you do here?”

Daehyun snorted, pulling the key out of the ignition of the car. “I-a dunno! I was-a bored!”

Youngjae smirked. “I know you look at de gay ! I’m-a gonna tell Daisy!”

“Oh-a noes! I-a thought I had-a that password protected!”

“Well-a next time don’t make-a your password ‘Luigi’! Even Toad know your password!”

Daehyun shifted in his seat, feigning shock. “My-a password was not-a ‘Luigi’. It was-a ‘spaghetti’! Oh-a noes.”

“HAHAHA LUIGI YOU SO DUMB, NOW-A I HAVE-A YOUR PASSWORD,” Youngjae cackled, and he yanked the car door handle open and bolted out of the car, laughing wildly when he heard a faint ‘you absolute er’ before the other car door opened and Daehyun chased after him.

“Come back here, you piece of -”

“NEVERRRR!”

“Oh you-”

Youngjae stood at the top of the stairs, pointing a shaking finger at Daehyun’s gasping figure. “You cannot me! You CANNOT me! I am unable. I have never been ed!”

Daehyun snorted. “That’s believable.”

“You loser!”

“Nerd!”

“Captain er!”

“Twitchy!”

“!”

“I’m going to punch you so hard.”

“Haha, maybe you will, if you can get your fatass up three flights of stairs.”

Daehyun immediately leapt up the stairs three at a time, his eyes glinting, and Youngjae let out a terrified high-pitched squeal before spinning around and desperately climbed the stairs.

But of course, since Youngjae is a couch potato and Daehyun is, well, the freaking captain of the school’s famous soccer team with the stamina and drive of a ing dog, Youngjae didn’t even make it halfway to his floor before Daehyun wrapped his arms around the blonde’s middle, spun, and pulled the gasping blonde into a tight hug. They both stood there, gasping, their breaths mingling in the cold air until Youngjae broke the silence, his words muffled by the surface of Daehyun’s jacket.

“You know, this is like the second time today you’ve tried to suffocate me against your cold leather jacket.”

Daehyun laughed quietly, and Youngjae was once again distracted by how soft-looking Daehyun’s lips were. “If you wanted to cheer me up, you could’ve just said so.”

Youngjae scowled. “And what fun would that be? Look, we’ve lost like five pounds from chasing each other up the stairs! Imagine if we did this every single day! We’d be twigs! How exciting would that be?”

Daehyun sighed, closing his eyes slightly as he leaned his forehead against the blonde’s, his breath misting in the cold winter air. “The best part would be chasing you up the stairs, every single day.”

Youngjae laughed, shoving Daehyun’s chest away from himself as he climbed up the final flight of stairs to his floor. “You . You just want to chase me around because you’re a fatass and a bully.” He reached into his back pocket to pull out his room keys.

“You know,” Daehyun’s breath tickled Youngjae’s ear. “Speaking of bullies, I haven’t punished you yet for calling me Captain er earlier.”

Youngjae turned around, looking unimpressed. “You do .”

“Well, yes, but-”

“And you are the captain of the soccer team.”

“Well, yes, but-”

“Captain er it is- wait, Daehyun, you jerk, ahaha stop!”

Daehyun dug his fingers in Youngjae’s sides, causing the blonde to spin around and swat weakly at the other boy as he gasped and giggled, writhing in Daehyun’s arms.

“Stop! Dae- ahaha!”

“What was that?” Daehyun chuckled, pinching the blonde’s side ruthlessly. “I couldn’t quite catch what you just said.”

I will- ahaha! ing murder you- ahahahaha! Bloody murder- ahahahahaha!”

“Really,” Daehyun scolded, clearly amused. “You’d think the star student at our school would word his sentences better. Oh, Youngjae, I can practically hear your English teacher crying herself to bed right now.”

Youngjae suddenly placed his hands around Daehyun’s neck.

“INSULT MY GRADES AND I WILL WHIP YOUR ,” he gasped, before Daehyun gleefully pinched Youngjae’s sides again, causing the blonde to stumble backwards and slide down the front of his door, giggling and gasping.

“Well? Where’s my apology?”

“ your apology- ahahaha!”

“Now, now,” Daehyun clicked his tongue. “That’s not very nice.”

Youngjae clawed at Daehyun’s arms, laughing and gasping as his tears slid down his cheeks. “Daehyun- stop, please-”

“Hmm? What was that?”

“I-I’m-”

“Mhmm?”

Youngjae fought to breathe between his giggles. “I’m sorry!”

Daehyun smirked. “There we go, now that wasn’t so hard, was it?”

Youngjae felt the sudden urge to smash his fist into Daehyun’s gonads so hard, they’d invert.

“What are you thinking about?”

Youngjae glared up, panting as his back was pressed uncomfortably against the door. “I’m thinking about how I’m going to kill you and skull you later.”

“,” Daehyun murmured softly.

“Don’t worry, crunt sack, I’m sure your thick skull will be able to handle it.”

“That’s not what I was worried about,” Daehyun snorted.

Youngjae scowled, only to freeze when he realized that somehow, Daehyun had somehow situated himself between Youngjae’s legs with his arms pressed on either side of the other boy’s hips.

And all of a sudden, Youngjae couldn’t stop staring at Daehyun’s lips again.

Lips.

“What are you thinking about now?”

“How I’ going to glue one thousand cotton balls on my body so I can finally become a cloud.”

Daehyun laughed.

“You’re really not how I expected you would be.”

“You’re exactly how I expected you to be.”

“Oh?” Daehyun tilted his head. “And how’s that?”

Lips.

“Stupidly stupid, hot, good at everything, a douchebag, infuriatingly cute, perfect-”

“Those sound like compliments.”

Youngjae felt like his fast was going to combust.

“What? Those were insults!”

“Are you having that time of month?”

“What?”

“You know, that monthly cycle they call PMS.”

“Oh, you!”

“Would you like some chocolate?”

Youngjae scowled. “To shove up your , maybe?”

Daehyun smirked, looking devious in the dim lighting. “I heard it’s good to the blood flow.”

“Oh my God.”

Lips.

“Are you sure there isn’t anything going on in between you and Hyosung?”

Youngjae rolled his eyes. “Are you sure there isn’t anything going on in between you and Sunhwa?”

Daehyun blinked. “What?”

“You smelled like her,” Youngjae huffed, shifting uncomfortably.

Daehyun frowned. “Yeah, she promised us tickets only if I went perfume shopping with her. She said that she wanted one that ‘attracted the masses’, so I guess I helped her out a little?”

“Oh,” Youngjae blinked, his face on fire. He felt like melting into a puddle on the floor. “Oh.”

“You thought- you thought that I slept with her?” Daehyun grinned. Youngjae pointedly looked the other way, finding the light suddenly very interesting.

“What? NO! No way! Haha, I just thought-”

“You’re jealous, aren’t you?”

Lips.

“NO! Who the hell would be jealous over you? You’re a loser with-”

“You’re cute,” Daehyun mumbled, nuzzling his nose against Youngjae’s. “What the heck.”

“I am not cute-”

“So there’s nothing in between you and Hyosung?”

“What the- why?” Youngjae narrowed his eyes. “All she did was show me fanfiction about me and you, and I got embarrassed, that’s why I-” Youngjae widened his eyes and immediately closed his mouth, gasping softly.

“You got embarrassed and that’s why you looked like that?” Daehyun groaned, sighing softly as he nuzzled into Youngjae’s cheek. “What am I going to do with you?”

Youngjae felt like a thousand butterflies suddenly decided to flutter around, all at once, in his stomach.

“Don’t do anything,” Youngjae’s voice shook. “Leave me alone.”

“Can’t do that,” Daehyun groaned again, and Youngjae nearly went crosseyed, trying to see Daehyun’s face.

“Why?” Youngjae felt like he couldn’t breathe.

“Dunno,” Daehyun breathed, and he leaned in closer, his arms braced on either side of the blonde, their breaths mingling, their lips practically touching.

“Oh god, I’ve never kissed anyone,” Youngjae squeaked, trying to lean backwards, only to find that the door was still closed,  and he had nowhere else to run. “This is a really bad idea, no, no, we’re not even really dati-”

Hey Twitchy,” Daehyun’s eyes were dark as they stared into Youngjae’s wide ones.

“Wh-what?”

“Shut up,” Daehyun whispered as he Youngjae’s bottom lip playfully. Youngjae let out a soft involuntary mewl before he grabbed Daehyun’s collar, pulling the other boy forward and pressed his lips against Daehyun's. Daehyun growled softly before pressing himself closer, tilting Youngjae's chin to bring his face to a better angle, his tongue sliding across Youngjae’s lower lip before he pulled away as Youngjae’s head spun wildly, the blonde unconsciously following Daehyun's movement as the other boy leaned away slightly.

Their noses brush a little and Youngjae can feel the other's ragged breath.

“That was strangely satisfying,” Daehyun said, his voice husky.

“What,” Youngjae croaked, his heart beating so loudly, he swore Daehyun could hear it.

“I put the Dae,” Daehyun whispered, winking. “In the daebak.”

“Shut up,” Youngjae mumbled before he pulled Daehyun down again, crashing their lips together. Daehyun made a satisfied noise before nipping at Youngjae’s lips playfully, causing the blonde to gasp and thread his hands through Daehyun’s hair roughly, hesitantly sliding his tongue into Daehyun’s mouth. Daehyun laughed slightly before kissing Youngjae harder, their mouths moving frantically as Youngjae felt the contours of the door dig into his back. He whined softly when Daehyun pulled away, his lips only brushing lightly against Youngjae’s swollen ones, their breaths harsh and mingling in the cold air. Daehyun groaned, pressing his forehead against the blonde’s, as Youngjae hiccupped, his eyes wide as his face burned.

"Your tongue feels weird," Youngjae stupidly told Daehyun, gasping. Daehyun snorted, closing his eyes.

"Ohmygod, Yoo Youngjae, are you serious," Daehyun groaned. Youngjae opned his mouth to snap back, but then got distracted by the fact that Daehyun's lips were still wet and glistening in the dim lighting from their kiss, and all of a sudden Youngjae really wanted Daehyun to kiss him again.

“I think-” Youngjae cleared his throat, his voice soft and shaky. “I think you forgot Himchan and Yongguk at the concert.”

Daehyun sighed pecking Youngjae’s lips once more before standing up, pulling the blonde to his feet.

“I better go back and get them, then.”

Youngjae stumbled slightly, his knees wobbly, his cheeks bright red. “You , how could you forget about them?”

Daehyun grinned, taking the keys from Youngjae’s hands and sliding them into the lock, unlocking the door with a slight ‘click’.

“I was preoccupied.”

“Oh,” Youngjae blinked, at a loss of words for the first time in his life. “Well, bye!”

He quickly tried to run into his room, only to have Daehyun pull him back. Daehyun tilted Youngjae’s chin up slighly, clearly amused, as Youngjae pressed himself against Daehyun’s body, their legs tangling.

“Where’s my goodbye kiss?” Daehyun whined, leaning down to bite Youngjae’s nose playfully.

“,” Youngjae scowled, but immediately shut up when Daehyun pressed another soft kiss on the blonde’s temple.

Daehyun snorted. “You should keep this look on your face more often. You’re all big-eyed and cute.” Youngjae swore that his cheeks were going to burn right off his face.

“Go pick up our best friends, ,” he said, shoving Daehyun away.

“But twitchy, I’ll miss you,” Daehyun whined.

“Huh,” Youngjae leaned against his doorframe. “Maybe use your hand?”

Daehyun gaped before he winked.

This bastard.

“Will do.”

“That was a joke,” Youngjae sputtered as Daehyun turned to leave, laughing. “Wait, Daehyun, that was a joke, don’t thinking of me, oh God, you ! Where do you think you're going!”

Daehyun winked before stepping down the stairs, waving a small ‘see you tomorrow, Mommy’, before disappearing out of Youngjae’s vision. Youngjae scowled and slammed the door shut, his mind racing as he grabbed Jongup’s notes on human emotion and ripped through the pages to read the neatly section of notes titled ‘Love’, Daehyun’s burning kiss seared on the back of his eyelids, mumbling that it can’t be, because Jung Daehyun would only get bored of a boring nerd like Yoo Youngjae and break his heart.

 

Love is composed of three things: attraction, lust, and attachment.

 

Jung Daehyun, the school’s biggest douchebag, was going to kill Youngjae if Youngjae really fell in love with him.

But Jung Daehyun wasn’t just the biggest douchebag.

He was the cutest, kindest, kind of douchebag that cared way too much for his friends and thought only of others.

Jung Daehyun is the type to silently care for you while he acts like an idiot.

Jung Daehyun may have messed with most of the people on campus, but he doesn’t let the popularity get to his head.

 

Attraction.

 

Youngjae remembers opening that stupid door to that stupid, stupid, stupid frat house and seeing Jung Daehyun sprawled out on that stupid couch, his stupid cute mouth wide open, his stupid, stupid, stupid beautiful face peacefully sleeping in the sunlight.

Youngjae hates that he remembers the way Daehyun laughs, his lips pulling upward, his laugh loud and obnoxious but endearing all the same.

Youngjae hates even more the stupid ual jokes Daehyun never seems to run out of, each one more ridiculous than the rest.

 

Lust.

 

Youngjae knew the way Jung Daehyun looks at him wasn’t normal, and he convinced himself that it was all just temporary.

Temporary, like their relationship. Once Himchan and Yongguk got together, they would be over.

Maybe not even friends.

But it still didn’t stop him from eyeing Daehyun’s toned back muscles when they flexed, or how his pants always fit his stupid, stupid thighs perfectly. On how that day that Youngjae walked in on Daehyun and that weird girl with the goggles, all Youngjae could look at was Daehyun’s gloriously tanned figure, and how it took his whole entire willpower not to just openly gawk.

 

Attachment.

 

Youngjae thinks about the time when he noticed Daehyun smelled all wrong. On how the moment he recognized something was different.

And how betrayed he felt.

Youngjae thinks about all the times Daehyun only paid attention to him, his eyes amused, his attention solely on Youngjae and Youngjae alone, and how those moments made him swell with pride.

 

And that’s how Himchan found him when he finally got home.

With Jongup’s notes on the biology and psychology of love, sprawled around himself in the living room, shaking and denying when he found all the facts to be true.

 

And that’s how, four days away from Christmas, Yoo Youngjae realized that getting Himchan and Yongguk together was a lot harder than he originally anticipated.

-------

A horrible chapter with a touch of angst at the end

Here’s an explanation of what’s going on right now with all fics and chapter updates: http://thefunctionofme.tumblr.com/post/109715679487/when-are-you-going-to-update-your-fics-do-you

each chapter just gets worse and worse

im sorry for the unfunny and ty writing ;; fail attempt at fluff too towards the end...;;

it’s 2:18AM and I haven’t edited this but i’m going to sleep ;; so I'll edit tomorrow! Promise!!!

friendly reminder that it’s still before christmas in this fic!

a lot of you have been asking questions, and I don’t really come on aff that often (it’s just open on one of my many tabs of my computer!) so you can contact me by looking at my homepage here (I left links there to my instagram and my tumblr!) even so, don't hesitate to contact me on AFF if you have any questions!

you guys are the best, and I’m sorry to keep you waiting for so long.. ;;

it’s valentine’s day soon! are you spending it with a special someone?

I hope you guys find a Daehyun to your Youngjae♥

Comments are greatly appreciated!

tumblr_mfjmos1WZb1rdzploo1_r2_250.gif

Thanks for reading. I owe the world to you guys. *squishes all the cheeks*

Here's this really interesting thing on love that I read for this little bit! It's really strange and weird but I was intriguied.

Whoa that sounded intellectual. I AM BECOME YOUNGJAE WHAT HELP PLS SAVE ME

Edit:

I'm dne editing this chapter!!! I hope it flows better, because my writing is still ty but it's a little better now. On to replying to comments and stuff!!!♥