Pasta

Fame

“Can you come over?  My parents are out for dinner.”  Chanyeol asked as you guys approached the apartment.

You both actually had no choice but to see each other every day.  He lived on the fourth floor, you lived on the third. 

You nodded.  You knew that was another way of saying.  “Hey my mom isn’t home and I really don’t know how to cook anything except scrambled eggs and bacon so come over and feed me.”

“Awesome.  I’ll play you the new song I learned on my guitar.” He reached for your hand again as he pulled you into the elevator. 

Had you two always been this touchy?  You had never cared to notice how comfortable his fingers felt intertwined with yours now.  Of course people would mistake you two as a couple.

“Why are your hands so cold? Are you nervous to be holding hands with a kpop idol?”  Chanyeol joked as he raised your hand to his face.  He blew warm air on it. 

You grinned. 

“.” You lightly smacked his chin before pulling your hand down. 

Chanyeol proceeded to play with strands of your hair as the elevator reached the fourth floor. 

“Holy crap I’m so hungry I could eat a horse” Chanyeol rushed out first, grabbing for his keys.  You followed behind, smiling.  Chanyeol was always hungry. 

Chanyeol unlocked the door and held it open for you. 

“After you my lady” He said as he closed it behind him. 

He the television and sprawled out on the couch as you opened the refrigerator.

“Hey Chanyeol, pasta or fried rice?” 

“Pasta” 

 

You were rather quiet as you started cooking. 

“Hey” 

You jumped and spilled some diced onion on the floor. 

“Oh sorry, didn’t mean to scare you.”  Chanyeol smiled.  “You need help?” 

You looked at his big eyes, looking at you like an eager puppy.

“Not really, you can go back to the livingr—“ you caught yourself midsentence.  “Actually,” you handed him a wooden spoon.  “Stir the sauce while I finish dicing the vegetables.” 

You wanted your best friend near you, at least for tonight. 

You smiled as you looked up to see Chanyeol carefully stirred the tomato sauce so the bottom wouldn’t get burnt.  Had he always been this cute?  You quickly turned back to the mushrooms as he  suddenly looked up.

“Hey __________?”

“Yeah?” 

“I have a photo shoot tomorrow for the teasers, can you come with me?”

You looked at him from cutting mushrooms.  “Am I allowed there?” 

Chanyeol shrugged.  “I don’t think manager hyung would care.  Neither would the members.  They like you.” 

You had met his future group members a few times when you went to visit him while he was training. 

“Okay then.”  You smiled as you went back to cutting vegetables. 

It was nice to know he wanted you near too.