Bestfriends

Fame

“EXO? Like X-O? What kind of name is that?” you snorted into laughter as you and Chanyeol walked home. 

“Hey, don’t laugh” Chanyeol playfully shoved you into a pole. 

You grinned and swung your arm around his neck. 

“Our Channie is finally debuting!  Prepare Korea, here comes the 2nd Super Junior!”  you dramatically gazed off into the distance.

Park Chanyeol was your best friend since middle school, and of course, many people mistook you two for a couple but the both of you had never been attracted to the other for some reason, which made it all the better for your friendship.

Chanyeol laughed and peeled you off of him by your backpack. 

“I can’t believe I’m finally debuting.  Finally.”  He ruffled your hair.  “I can give you my autograph early if you want.” 

You rolled your eyes.  “Yeah I can’t believe you’re FINALLY debuting after so many years.  But it’s okay, it’s not your fault you and need a lot of training.”

Chanyeol glared at you.  You smiled back cheekily and stepped into the streets unknowingly.

“Whoa there”  Chanyeol pulled you backwards by your backpack again. 

“Woops” you backtracked. 

Chanyeol sighed.  “What will you do without me here to keep you from being killed?” 

The sentence struck you strangely.  You and Chanyeol had never been apart for more than a day, maybe a whole weekend at most when he went to visit his grandparents’ house by the countryside sometimes, but you suddenly realized how your time with him now was very, very limited.  The fact that you two would ever be apart had never occurred to you. 

The light turned green. 

“Uhm _________? Hello?”  Chanyeol waved his hand in front of your face as you snapped back into reality. 

Chanyeol sighed again as he grabbed you by the hand and led you across the street. 

“Seriously concerned for you __________. You need to stop staring off into space like that all the time, this is a scary world you know? What if something happens to you?”  Chanyeol continued to drawl on as you mindlessly followed behind him. 

His hand in yours felt especially warm today. 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This chapter is for testing waters!

Comments are appreciated:)

Chapters will get longer^^