Cancelled

Fame

“”Hello?”

“”Hi __________ are you at the sm building?”

“Yeah I’m on the third floor, where are you?” you fumbled with the phone, reaching into your bag to check that you brought the movie tickets.  You hadn’t seen Chanyeol in about a month because of his schedules and you both had decided to go watch a movie tonight for old times sakes. 

“Yeah ___________....... I’m really REALLY sorry, but I don’t think I can make it today, I have an interview with Star News with Kyungsoo that manager hyung forgot to tell me about.”

“Oh…” you dropped the movie tickets on the table and sat down, trying not to sound pissed. Chanyeol knew you hated when people cancelled plans last minute. 

“____________, I’m really really so so so so so so SO sorry, I’ll make it up to you next week, I PROMISE.” 

“Sure, it’s no problem, it wasn’t even your fault anyway.”  You tried to brush it off casually. 

“Great, I’ll text you later then, gotta go.  Bye!” 

You hung up without a good bye. Sighing, you collected the movie tickets and shoved them roughly in your bag before getting up and walking back to the elevator.  There was an EXO poster on the wall.  You crossly looked at Chanyeol. 

You knew it wasn’t his fault.  But it still made you angry that he had to cancel when he hadn’t seen you in so long.  Maybe he didn’t miss you as much as you missed him. 

Maybe he didnt miss you at all.

 

“You better be looking at me on that poster.” 

 

You whirled around. 

“Sehun, when did you get here?” You smiled at him.

“I just got out of practice, what are you doing here?”  he looked puzzled. 

Your face fell.  “I was supposed to watch a movie with Chanyeol today but this douchebag cancelled on me last minute.”  You glared at the picture of Chanyeol on the poster. 

Sehun gasped dramatically as you pressed the elevator button.

“Hyung ditched on a movie date?  With you?” 

You laughed.  “I know right?  This kids SO missing out.”

You took out the crumpled tickets from your bag and looked at them sadly.  “I’m just going to go home and sleep.” 

Sehun pulled the tickets out of your hand as the elevator doors opened. You walked in.

“Hey if you want.......” 

You looked up at Sehun as the elevator doors started closing.  Sehun stuck out his foot and the doors reopened. 

“We can still catch this movie.”  He waved the tickets in the air. 

You looked at him as the elevator doors closed on his foot and opened again. 

He looked back at you, waiting for a reply. 

You laughed.

“Well, if we’re gunna go, you should get in the elevator sometime soon”

Sehun literally jumped in next to you. 

“YES”  he first pumped the air.  “I was scared you’d reject me.” 

“Hmmm..”  you looked at him. 

“That was actually kinda slick.  Is this how you pick up girls?” 

“Only for you” he winked. 

You playfully shoved him, who bumped into the wall and immediately bounced back to your side to stand closer than he was before.

“Oops” He shrugged.  “You did it.” 

You laughed again and tippytoed to ruffle his hair.

Maybe tonight wouldnt be ruined afterall.