#309

We are Unbreakable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

***

Jessica is still in New York checking up on her store. She isn't just focused on it but she is also thinking about Taeyeon's birthday. She realizes that every 9th of March—since 2015—she's been out of the country doing some business and she suddenly feels sad about it. Well, for the past decade she was always with Taeyeon during her special day, it's just that September 30 happened. It's still a big deal to her that she missed 3 birthdays already. Hmm.

Trying to calculate time in her mind carefully not wanting to miss Taeyeon's birthday keeps her awake. Jessica is trying to understand that the dates would be really confusing plus, she's not fond of numbers and math. Normally, she doesn't really care about time and dates and just let the time to pass and the day to end. But this is for Taeyeon. Everything about Taeyeon should be worth thinking of, worth the effort, and worth the maths and numbers.

[03/08 9:00 AM New York; 11:00 PM Seoul]

Jessica is counting time on her fingers, like a kid doing math in grade school. Tracking time like this is already an effort for someone who hates such things. What she doesn't know is: if Taeyeon's still up. Well, she should be. She thinks. Their tradition in the group was to be up until 12MN hits the clock and they will gather around to celebrate. It will never change. She smiles at the memory making her miss her members.

"Hey. You're early!" Krystal greets. Jessica has FaceTimed her sister.

"Wow, so you're aware that it's early in the morning here. Aww Dduddungie."

"I just got home from the company. I'm tired and you're ugly."

"I don't know what came to me that I facetimed you. Is that your new way to greet me 'good morning'?" She fakes a disappointed face.

"Yes." Krystal answers with conviction.

"Yah!"

Krystal laughs and says she's just joking.

"Soojung-ah...I'm too shy to ask Tiffany if Taeng is still up. Can yo—"

"She is still up, Unnie. I saw her at the company, she even gave me chocolate tarts on our way out."

"She sure is spoiling you."

"She loves me too, y'know!"

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter