Fifth

Mon Ciel

"Nothing much, just that maybe that nerd's got a crush on you," Soojung casually replied, now turning away to get her books. "I mean, why else would he have bought food for you and tell all the teachers you had a really high fever but is stubborn enough to stay in school?"

So that's why I didn't get bothered by anyone yesterday...

"That was all him?" I asked, just to confirm. When they both nodded, I felt a pang of guilt rush through me. And to think that I pretty much told him off yesterday for not caring and treating him like trash earlier just now. 

Although I found it all too fishy that he had been the one taking care of me, I figured I had to at least thank him, no matter how much of an idiot that would make me look. So that's what I did. 

***

"Thanks." Jongin stopped in his tracks as he heard my voice and turned behind to look at me. He cocked his head and blinked twice. "You know, for yesterday..."

"What did I do yesterday?" he asked. If it was anyone else I'd lose my patience because I hated mockery more than anything, but Jongin was giving me a different feeling.

"For the food and you know, letting me rest in class and such..." I trailed off, my eyes now flickering between the walls and Jongin.

I had been too focused on my own nervousness that I almost failed to see Jongin shifting his feet, his eyes glued to the ground. I couldn't read his expression, but I could sense that he felt a little awkward.

"Anyway, thanks!" I blurted and started walking away. When I almost got past him, I felt his hand pulling me back yet again, just like yesterday. I gulped, unsure of what he wanted from me now.

Jongin's eyes bored into mine and I couldn't take my eyes off them even though I was mentally begging myself to. "You don't remember?" he asked. The way he said it sounded so cautious that I felt confused now.

This time I don't try to wriggle free from his grip. I've only known this guy for a day but somehow he's giving me a certain feeling... something like... I don't know, I couldn't explain it. 

"What are you talking about?" I questioned, hoping that he wouldn't run away from the conversation. But of course he did. I expected him to. Jongin just turned the other direction and rushed off, not even taking a second look.

What is going on with that guy?

----------

A/N: Short update! Next chapter's gonna be longer and a bit different ;-)