Third

Mon Ciel

I huffed in disbelief. I knew we weren't even close but did he have to make me feel like total ? Or does he really think he's all high and mighty just because his closest friend- it appears to be- is Lee Taemin?

Remembering that I would have to bear with him as my seat partner for the rest of the year, I calmed myself down. It wouldn't be worth it if I blow my top now. All I can do is just avoid him and act like nothing happened.

***

The 'few more hours' I mentioned earlier flew by fast. Mostly because I had been sleeping throughout every single lesson, though I had no idea why none of my teachers called me out for it. I didn't even make any effort to hide the fact that I was sleeping, too.

And to add to that, not even Hyoyeon, Soojung or Sooyoung bothered to wake me up for our last short break of the day. I guess they just wanted to let me sleep. But at least they bought a few biscuits for me- and my childhood favorites, too. As for Jongin, I was just glad he didn't say a word to me, seeing as how his tone when he last spoke to me earlier pretty much implied he wanted nothing to do with me.

But even then, when the final bell rang, Jongin immediately turned to me. I had just woken up and was stretching, still feeling tired even after hours of sleeping.

Wanting to avoid any conversation with him, I grabbed my books and was about to find Soojung and the others when I realized they had already left. I sighed. It wasn't their fault, even. Oftentimes they would ask if I wanted to hang out after school and everytime I'd reject them, so it became normal for them to leave together without me every day.

So, I headed for the corridor and the front exit through the parking lot. Even if I was sick, I can feel Jongin following behind me. I sighed to myself, thinking what it was that he actually wanted.

When I opened the doors, I immediately spotted the silver Mercedes car parked out front. Sehun and Donghae were both leaning against it, drinking canned drinks which I couldn't even make out. This fever seemed to be really getting to me.

"Hey! Ready to go?" Donghae shouted, nodding his head to me.

It was only then that I remembered they offered to get my phone fixed. I felt sick, but I really didn't want to get a lecturing from my dad when I get home, so I just nodded and started heading towards them. Sehun and Donghae got into the front seats after getting my response.

"You need to get home and rest or you'll probably faint," was all I heard when someone grabbed my arm, pulling me back.

I sighed and turned back to face Jongin, who pretty much had the same expressionless face on. I shook my arm away from his grip and looked him in the eyes. "It's not like you care," I scowled before continuing towards the car.

***

On the car ride to the mall, all I could think of was how emotionally I had reacted towards Jongin. Looks like the fever really has gotten to me. He must think I'm an idiot. I acted as though I wanted him to care, judging by what I said to him earlier.

Embarrassed by the thought of it, I bury my head in my arms and bask in the darkness that engulfed me.

***

A huge ruckus awoke me in the morning. As reluctant as I was to get up, I forced myself up, knowing there is school in just a few hours. I was about to put my feet down on the wooden flooring when I realized it wasn't wood. And when I manage to fully open my eyes, I realized one very important thing: I was not in my room. No, my room is far from this.

I look around. The room is a dull white, and so are the curtains and tables. Even the sheets are white. However, there is no mistaking that this is a guy's room. I can just barely make out the adult magazine stuffed in the corner of the table.

Slowly, I get up on my feet, my head throbbing. I feel my neck and forehead, and it seems as though my fever has alleviated. All I feel now is only dizziness, and by the looks of it, I must not be in my normal state of mind. Why else would I not panic being in a stranger's house? I can't even remember why I'm here in the first place.

As I open the door, I get greeted by the sweet smell of pancakes and maple syrup. I can just make out the outline of someone standing by the kitchen counter tapping his fingers.

"Oh, you're awake," I hear him say.

When I approached him, I could immediately recognize him. "What the hell am I doing in your house?" I exclaim, startling him a little.

"Woah, chill out," Sehun mumbled nonchalantly, putting his hands up in the air in surrender. "You were burning hot yesterday so we took care of your phone ourselves and decided to bring you back to our place since you were pretty much knocked out."

I blink hard to make sure I'm not making all of this up in a dream. I wasn't. Although Sehun claimed that it was all done out of kindness, I can't help but feel a little cautious. They did just take me to their house. Wait, 'our place'...?

"Do you and Donghae live together?" I snapped.