Fourth

Mon Ciel

Sehun raised an eyebrow and nodded slowly. "Yeah, as far as I know," he mumbled, slowly going back to flipping pancakes, which was what he was doing before I woke up.

"What about your family?" I asked, purely just trying to make conversation.

Now that he was giving his attention back to his pancakes, he was back-facing me so I couldn't read his expression when he replied with a "we're not really a close family."

He managed to pique my interest enough to make various questions pop into my head, but Donghae strolled into the kitchen before I had a chance to ask Sehun about it further.

"Oh, the burden's finally awake," he casually remarked, walking over to the fridge and drinking juice straight from the carton before putting it back in its place. "Did you rest well?"

He took a seat by the island and offered the seat next to him to me. I accepted it gladly, realizing that I was getting a little drowsy.

"Not really, but thanks anyway, to the both of you." Normal people would freak out at the fact that two guys just brought them to their home without your consent. Two guys that they're not even close to to be exact. But the good vibes I was getting from the both of them managed to relax me a little. Somehow, I felt a little comfortable around the both of them, although I had no idea why.

***

"Ready yet?" I heard Donghae shout from the porch.

Hastily, I grabbed my backpack off the bed and rushed out of the house where Sehun was already in the passenger seat of the car and Donghae was getting into the driver's seat.

All the way to school, I couldn't help thinking about how this would look. I mean, everyone knows that I'm not even close to either Sehun or Donghae, yet I show up to school in their car. It would seem suspicious, right?

Before I got out of their car when they parked, Sehun held an iPhone out to me. 

"Here, a completely new one," he uttered, not even turning to look at me. He seemed a little less warm than he was yesterday, but maybe it was just me.

Thanking both Sehun and Donghae, I accepted the phone. But of course I wasn't going to let them think that I was somehow in their debt. "I'll pay you back soon." Not bothering to wait for their reply, I hopped out of the car and hurriedly through the school doors, hoping to minimize the number of people who saw me with them in the car. 

Hoping to get some alone time before school officially started for the day, I walked towards my classroom, knowing that none of my classmates would be this early for school. Maybe I could even get some shut-eye too. 

However, when I got to the room, I could see one figure at the back of the room and immediately recognized him.

"So you wouldn't listen to me when I told you to go home and sleep but you'd let those two bring you to their house?"

"Good morning to you too, Kim Jongin," I snapped at him. I was about to take my seat next to him when I realized something. "Wait, how did you know that?"

Jongin looked up from the book he was reading to give me a knowing look, with an eyebrow raised. "Your uniform is totally wrinkled," he stated, pointing out various creases with his pen. Then, he turned back to his book and started jotting down his own notes.

"It wouldn't have occurred to you that maybe I had fallen asleep in my own home after a tiring day and got up with this uniform on because I was too lazy instead?" I shot back, pulling my table away from his to make a gap between us. He was getting on my nerves with his know-it-all vibe.

He chuckled. "Yeah, sure, because that makes more sense," he replied sarcastically, eyes still glued to his book. "Besides, I saw you getting out from their car."

With the still-present fever getting to me, I tried my best not to rip his head out. Deciding not to spend anymore time arguing with Jongin, I stomped out of the room and towards the lockers, figuring I'd just prepare everything for today.

As I approached the lockers, I could see Hyoyeon and Soojung standing there discussing about idols and music. They had spotted me too and waved for me to come over, which I gladly did. They'd surely be better company than Jongin.

"Hey, are you feeling better?" Hyoyeon asked as she came over to give me a hug. "Oh god you're still a little hot," she commented.

I shrugged it off. "It's okay, I'll be fine really," I assured them. I wasn't exactly fine, but I was feeling a little better than yesterday, so I didn't exactly lie. "Anyway, thanks for the snacks yesterday, I'll pay you back."

Soojung shot me a confused look. "Yoonmi, we weren't the ones who bought that for you," she replied. I tilted my head in confusion. "Didn't he tell you?"

"Give him a break, Soojung. Jongin's new, he was probably shy," Hyoyeon said casually, getting some books out of her locker.

Now I knew I was completely out of the loop. "Hold on," I told them, holding my hands in the air. "What are you two talking about?"

-----------

A/N: Hi guys! These few chapters are an insight into Yoonmi's life in the school, so get ready for a drastic forward into her life ;-) And I'm sorry the plot is progressing so slowly but I hope it'll get better and more interesting for you guys!! :-)