Chapter 2

Another Cinderella Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Mom, wake up! Mom!” I screamed as tears rolled down my cheeks.

“She’s dead, woman.” Jiyeon scoffs crossing her arms.

I blocked out her words as I continued shaking my mom. She was lying down in the hospital bed with a white gown on. Her body was as cold as ice and her face was so pale that it looked white for a second.

“Mom, don’t leave me.” I grabbed her cold hands.

“Mom, I can’t live without you.” I whispered.

Tears after tears fell down from my eyes as I watched my mother on the bed not moving. I touched her long black hair that I used to comb and the cheeks that I used to kiss. I knew that I had to face the fact that she’s dead and be strong. Just like how I did when my father died. I still remembered his words. You have to be strong no matter what happens. You cannot cry for any reasons, you cannot cry because of anything. Be strong!

I sniffled, placing my mother’s hand on her belly. Good night, mommy. I love you. I smiled a bit, and covered her face with a white thin blanket.

 ***

 

I watched as no one cried. I watched was my step father just simply smirked and walked away after throwing the flower on the ground, stomping on it. I watched as my step siblings just stand there not doing a thing but playing games on their phone.

A tear finally fell down. This was the real them. I closed my eyes as I fell to the ground. Mommy….

A sob was let out, as I cried harder. I miss you. I covered my mouth as tears spilled from my eyes. I miss you.

 

 ***

 

“What do you want?” I asked as both Jihye and Jiyeon came inside my room.

They smirked and held out a bottle of ink.

“We don’t want anything from you.” They both looked at each other and smiled.

I sighed, standing up from my chair and gave them a serious look.

“I’m not in the mood. Please get out.” I said in annoya

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter