Chapter 4

Another Cinderella Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

I watched as students scamper out the door in a flash. Chaelin walked over to me before sitting down on my desk. She smiled at me before turning over to Daehyun and smiled even brighter.

“Hello, I’m Chaelin, Sunhee’s best friend.” Chaelin introduces herself as she holds out her hand.

Daehyun looked at me before looking back at Chaelin, breaking into a small smile. Taking Chaelin’s hand he says, “It’s nice to meet you, Chaelin. I’m Daehyun.” He bows his head.

After shaking hands he looks at me. “Are you not going to lunch?” he asks.

“Uh, um…I’m…” I scratched my head not knowing what to say.

“We usually eat here since it’s too crowded in the cafeteria.” Chaelin says leaning on me as she holds out a peace sign, smiling.

“Oh, I guess I should eat here too, then?” Daehyun asks looking at Chaelin.

“It doesn’t matter. It’s really up to you. Well, if those fan girls of yours don’t kill us…” Chaelin says looking out the window where a lot of girls were pushing and shoving as they squeal trying to get a peek of Daehyun.

Chuckling, Daehyun scratches his head awkwardly. “Should we invite them over? They look like they’re about to fight each other and I wouldn’t want that to happen to them. Maybe if we all eat together, everyone can get along, like how we are right now.” Daehyun says looking at the girls outside who were shouting at each other.

“No! I mean…Ahem… If they do…I think they’ll kill each other because…they all just want to…” I pause as I thought of what to say next.

“They all just want to see and touch you…” Chaelin finishes as she scratch her head when realizing how wrong it sounded.

Daehyun looks at her weirdly before breaking into a laugh.

“It’s okay, you know. They won’t be able to touch me anyway.” He smiles.

“How are you so sure about that?” Chaelin asks.

“Because I just know it,” Daehyun looks at her still smiling.

“Are you going to the dance Friday?” Chaelin changes the subject quickly.

Rolling my eyes I chuckle as I grabbed my lunch box before opening it. Taking my chopstick I poked a rolled egg and took a bite of it before focusing my attention on the two again.

“Of course I have to. My parents are making me go no matter what. Are you two going?” Daehyun asks glancing at me.

“Yes, apparently Chaelin’s making me go.” I chuckle remembering how she begged me.

“Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know you wanted to go anyways.” Chaelin smirks at me.

I smiled at her. Daehyun looks at his phone before taking out his lunch and started eating. Chaelin soon got bothered by the silence because she’s usually the talkative type and can’t stand the silence, walked to her seat and took out her lunch box before walking back over and started eating her food too.

“Dude, did you hear about how Sehun broke up with the girl he dated yesterday again? It’s like seriously man! Quit giving those girls heartbreaks, one day karma will hit so hard that you wished you were never born! That stupid player,” Chaelin raises her voice as she angrily chews her food.

I laughed, shaking my head a bit knowing how Sehun is. That player.

“Who’s Sehun?” Daehyun asks taking a bite of his cheesecake.

“Just some stupid player who thinks he’s all this and that.” Chaelin rolls her eyes.

“Oh.” Daehyun replies as he looks at the cheesecake crumbs on his plate. I can hear him gulping as he sighs sadly still staring at the empty plate of cheesecake crumbs.

He must really love cheesecakes.

I smiled as I continued to eat my sushi.

 

 ***

“B

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter