Chapter 1

Another Cinderella Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

   

 

      “Hello, my name is Lee Sun Hee.” I bowed at the man before me, known as my step-father.

He smiled, “It’s a pleasure to meet you, Sunhee. This is my son, Kim Jun Hwa and my two daughters Jihye and Jiyeon,” he pointed at the three kids that look around my age.

I smiled happily, “Hi, Junhwa, Jihye and Jiyeon. My name is Sunhee.” I walked over to them with my hand out.

Junhwa rolled his eyes slapping my palm without a care. I tried hard not to show my disappointment so I kept my smile on. Turning to the girls, they just simply glared at me.

Letting my smile drop, I bowed slightly before walking back to my original spot. My step-father quietly chuckled before speaking.

“Well, Junhwa is 14 and Jihye is 13 while Jiyeon is 12. Isn’t Sunhee 13, honey?” he asks.

“Yes, she is. I think she’s older than Jihye. What month was Jihye born in, again?” mother asks.

“May.” He replies.

“Sunhee was born on March so she’s older. From now on, Sunhee, you have two younger siblings to take care of and an older brother too. You must take very good care of them, and do whatever they like, okay?” mother smiles nodding her head at me.

Do whatever they like? “Yes, mother.” I answered without thinking.

“Junhwa, now you have three younger sisters. As the oldest you must protect them and make sure they’re alright, okay?” step father says, smiling at Junhwa.

“Whatever.” He says playing with the chopsticks.

Step father ignores him and turns to the girls, “You now are both the youngest. You must respect the older ones and help them with whatever they need. Do you hear me?” he says sternly.

They nodded, scoffing as they looked away whispering to each other.

“I apologize for my children’s behavior. They’re just really shy at the moment.” He nervously scratched his head.

“Awe, it’s okay. I think our children are very shy at the moment too. Why don’t we quickly order something?” my mother smiled waving her hand, trying to catch a waitress’s attention.

“That’s a great idea, honey.” Step-father replies kissing mommy on the cheeks.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter