Chapter One

Home-made Love

There is a time and place. Even love can be demanding for it's own time. No matter the inconvience to the humans it plays games with.

~~ Lefie

 

 

Chapter One


March 11, 2014

Hong-dae, Seoul

Weather: Rainy, and chilly.

Time- 7pm

 

The sound of rain against the windows of the closed café. Echoed throughout the empty café. People ran back and forth trying to escape the downfall.

Hong-dae, the epicenter of the youth who attended the universities that encircled it. Now empty due to the rain, the streets were wet and the sky grim.

A taxi pulled up to the closed café, the high rise buildings were the only witness, as a young woman hopped out, and with the help from the taxi driver pulled her bags out of the back.  She thanked him in his native language, and walked towards up the steps lugging the suitcase behind her.

Stopping at the top, she juggled her purse, and makeup bag to pull out the keys.

Jingling them, she quickly unlocked the door, shoving the door open with her foot she made her way inside.

Sighing she let her bags drop at the entrance. Taking in the dark room, she looked for the light switch. Finally finding it behind a dead potted plant, she flipped it.

The inside erupted in light, and the site of the interior made her gasp. Tables were tilted here and there, and chairs were seated against the wall covered in dust.

She winced when she saw the peeling lime paint on the wall.

Muttering she pulled her cell phone out from her back pocket, pressing ‘one she waited for the happy ringtone to end.

“Hello?”

“Unnie, you told me this would be a quick fix.” The young woman tossed an irritated glance at the cracking wall paper, “What part of this place is easy?”

“Tsk, Tsk. Bea, you asked me for a place.” The young woman sighed wearily, “Honestly, it isn’t that hard to fix up. Especially for someone at your level.”

Bea closed her eyes, frustrated she groaned. “Okay, so it isn’t the worse place I’ve been in. But are you sure the food I want to make here will sale. I mean,” Beas turned her eyes to the outside, where only a few people were walking, “Soul food isn’t exactly a Korean thing.”

Her unnie laughed, “I wouldn’t have sold you the place if I didn’t think you’d not turn a profit.”

Rolling her eyes, Bea scoffed, “Well thanks for your support. Friend.”

“C’mon, it won’t be that bad, if it fails just leave and return to good ‘ol L.A.”

Bea grimaced in disgust, “Sorry, but I can’t take any more of that traffic.” She sighed, plopping down into one of the rickety seats, “I can’t believe you convinced me to come here, it’s a lucky thing I bothered to listen to your Korean Cd’s.”

“Well, you better bring it, don’t make me regret shipping you off. The first soul food restaurant in Seoul. Mmm. I can’t help think that I’m so Daebak right now.”

Bea laughed, saying bye, she hung up. And tossing a glance around the abandoned café. She shrugged, standing she stretched.

“Okay, well I guess I better rest, so that we can get to work.”

Marching over to her baggage, she grabbed it up and headed towards the back where stairs supposedly led up to a small apartment.


3 months later

Tae-yang leaned back against his seat, his eyes closed. He tried to calm his mind, but he couldn’t seem to quiet his mind.

Feeling a hand tap his shoulder, he opened eyes only to meet the concerned look of G.dragon.

“What’s up?” He asked as he straightened in his chair. They were in studio, where Tae-yang had been attempting to work on his new album. But instead of anything coming to his head, aside from the— he left off on that thought.

G.dragon took a seat, “The “Boss” hasn’t gotten anything positive from you’re reps. He’s waiting tae-yang, it’s never taken you this long to give just a rough draft of your concept.”

Tae-yan immediately turned his eyes from G.dragon, and cleared his throat. “Tell him not to worry then. It’s not like he cares beyond making a profit.”

Hearing this G.dragon frowned. “Well, tell me how you really feel…”

Tae-yang—irritated—started moving music sheets into order. His heavy rolex watch knocking against the table. “Look, it’s-. I’m just tired.” He finally faced G.dragon, the bags under his eyes were dark. “I’m just tired. And all this pressure isn’t helping, so…”

G.dragon nodded, his eyes narrowing in thought, “Well, would you like to come with me and Seungri to eat?”

Collapsing against his seat, Tae-yang, pulled his snapback off, and brushed a rough hand through his hair.

Putting it back own, he asked, “Eat? Yeah, I guess I will. Where are you guys going?”

Shrugging, G.dragon stood. “I’m thinking you need some soul food.”

Laughing at this, Tae-yang followed his example, “Soul food?” Tae-yang chuckled as they headed to parking lot, “And where in Korea can I get that?”

“Hong-dae.” G.dragon answered simply

**

“Bea-nuna?”

Bea turned from the paper work in front of her, and faced one of her workers. “Yes, Li?”

Li was studying nutrition at the local university, he’d been the first to knock on her door when she’d put up her poster looking for workers.

He was tall, and strong bodied thanks to judo that he did on the side. He ducked his head, his face turning red at her direct gaze. “Nuna, YG called and said G.dragon is coming with two others. Do you want Sun-kim to cook for them again?”

Bea sighed, lifting a hand to rub her forehead. When she’d initially opened her little restaurant, she hadn’t really expected a good sized crowd. But the curiosity of Koreans, and the quality of her food had immediately brought about an oddly successful reaction.

The celebrities coming had been a surprise in of itself. Especially the so-called hip-hop artist who called ahead for a private room.

Not that she hadn’t heard any of their music, but she was a traditionalist when it came to her hip-hop.

Standing she grabbed up her apron that had been tossed over the back of her chair. Li flushed as she walked towards him, “I guess I can cook for those three, Sun-kim has enough on his plate.”

Placing a hand on Li’s shoulder, she smiled, her eyes shining, “I’ve been dying to work off some of this frustration anyway.”

Patting his shoulder once more, she headed out into the hallway towards the kitchen.


Tae-yang gaze observed the cozy interior that made him think of regular dinner room. Everywhere there were pictures hanging. Some of fellow celebrities. Some of people he couldn’t name, in each one there were people holding up forks with bright smiles on their faces.

He went to take his shoes off, and Seugri, tsked at him, “Amateur.” He muttered as he walked boldly into the room, grabbing a menu off the heavy oaken table, he plopped onto the couch pushed against the wall.

Frowning, he turned a questioning gaze towards G.dragon who had walked over to a wall with a ps4, and was currently flipping through the games in a little box.

Seeing his look, G.dragon laughed, “Hyung, its chill here, American style. Just relax and grab a menu, and figure out what you want.”

Tae-yang nodded, walking into the room, he took a seat at the table. Pulling his phone out he flipped through his phone, looking for any messages.

A tanned hand appeared in view, “Seugri, were you born to be this annoying?”

Seugri laughed plopping down next to him, the light reflecting off his piercings. “Nah, but I think you’re trying to work, when you are supposed to be relaxing.”

Tae-yang grimaced, shrugging off Seugri’s arms, “Enough, I’m not working, I’m trying to find out if there’s anything going on with-.” He stopped dropping his eyes to the table.

Seungri raised a brow, “Trying to find out…what?”

Shaking his head, Tae-yang shoved his phone into his pocket, “Nothing.”

“Oh. G.dragon, you’re here again.”

A smooth voice spoke from the door way, Tae-yang immediately turned his attention to the voice. His musical instinct immediately recognizing the soulful quality to the voice.

Seugri jumped up and ran over to the young female who look disgruntled when Seungri threw his arm around her and leaned his head against hers. Tae-yang frowned at Seugri’s overly touchy hello. G.dragon lazily made his way over to his side. His fingers flying away at the controllers on the ps4.

“Hey, bea.”

She raised her hand, and pushed Seungri’s face away from hers. Her dark brown eyes flashed, from her round face. Her skin a cherry-wood, became redder as she struggled to remove Seugri’s arms from her waist.

“Yo, so tell me where my favorite is?” She grunted when she finally dislodged Seugri from her person.

G.dragon chuckled lowering his game to except her hug, “Daesung is sleeping in, and well you know.”

She frowned, “Do I…anyway…” giving him a knowing look. She turned away from him and her eyes laid on Tae-yang.

“And this is?” She stopped, her eyes narrowed, “Tae-yang, you’re the one member I haven’t met. Well till now.”

Tae-yang stood, and nodded, taking her hand. He was surprised by the heat he felt from her. Her eyes were direct and stared into his.

“You’re short.”

Silence met her announcement, G.dragon and Seugri both tried to hide their smiles behind their hands.

Tae-yang blinked, he coughed pulling his hand back, “Umm, yeah kind of something I can’t change.”

She smiled, her bright expression taking him aback, “It’s cool, sorry if I stepped on a land mine.”

She turned back towards the others, “Are you guys getting the usual?”

They bother nodded, their expression awkward from trying not to laugh.

“Okay,” She headed towards the exit, she stopped, and turned towards Tae-yang, “I hope you like our food.” With that she turned back and continued her way downstairs.


Sun-kim watched at Bea made her way around the kitchen. He frowned when she almost slipped. He grabbed her arm.

She smiled up at him, as she regained her balance with his help. “Thanks”, seeing his expression, she stopped.

“What’s wrong?”

Sun-kim, tried to pass it off, but Bea stood firm glaring up at him.

Groaning, he gave her a puzzled expression, “Why don’t you just tell them, there isn’t a “private room”. These stars just come and eat in your house, and you’re letting three guys in you apartment.”

Her expression blank, Bea waited a minute before she burst out in laughter.

“Ha-ha, Sun, I would be worried if I was in L.A. or even Tennessee.” She wiped at her face, only managing to put flour on her cheek. That Sun-kim used all his discipline gained from his past to not touch.

“But, pfft, Korea.” Bea shook her head, turning her head towards the oven, she cried out. “Agh! My sweet potato pie.”

Sun-kim watched her rush across the kitchen. His hand tightened into a fist. She’d been the only one willing to hire him, and she had been the one to care for his wounds. His eyes narrowed, he heard someone “eep”. Only to realize that Li had been in the way of his glare.

Blanking his expression he got back to work.


Tae-yang, lazed about along with Seungri and G.dragon, when they heard feet coming up the stairs. Suddenly the room was filled with the scent of food. He could hear the sound of something sizzling.

Following the other two’s example he quickly took a seat at the table. Bea made her entrance and she was followed by man this time. He was tall and broad shouldered, he had a five o’clock shadow on his cheek.

He immediately put Tae-yang in the mind of a gangster.

“Okay,” Bea voice brought his attention to the food spread out in front of him.

“So, I know you guys have a love of southern food, but you can’t eat anything to heavy because of your hrm,hrm star status.”

She pointed at the sizzling pot, “That my friends is Gumbo, made from fresh water shrimp and my special brand of broth.” She pointed to a plate covered with a white cloth, “those are the biscuits that were made using cream and vanilla instead of heavy butter.”

Tae-yang noticed that her voice grew softer as she pointed out the dishes in front of them. Her expression had also grown gentler, while her eyes sparkled with excitement.

“And the greatest part of the whole thing… Desert!” she said with flourish.

She grabbed a silver dome top to a plate at the corner of the table, and lifted it. At first Tae-yang thought they were dumplings, but they had an orange tinge, and there were three of them. A bowl sat next to them.

“These are Sweet potato and yam dumplings, it’s something I’m playing with.” He caught the flush on her cheeks, as she placed the top down, and put her hand behind her back. “Dip them into the rum sauce and they should be A-okay.”

G-dragon and seungri seemed eager to go at the food. Tae-yang wondered what they were waiting for.

Hearing muttering he turned his attention back to the young woman, she raised her hand and clapped her hands. “Amen, now you may eat!”

Before he realized the other two had already started eating. Following their example he dug in.


Bea and Sun-kim left the three to eat, and walked downstairs. Bea felt proud that she’d managed to work in lighter meals, because she didn’t want to be the reason for too many extra pounds.

“Sun-kim, do you have it from here?” She asked when they arrived at the landing to the hallway.

He nodded, “Yes, I’ll make sure they are taken care of.”

She smiled patting him on the shoulder, she walked into her office.


Tae-yang felt warm and relaxed all over. While Seugri was still digging way, he’d stopped himself.

Standing he glanced around, G.dragon seeing this asked, “What are you looking for?”

Tae-yang still looking around said, “The bathroom?”

“Ah, go into the hallway, and take a right.”

Thanking him Tae-yang made his way towards the bathroom. Groaning, he hated having sticky hands. Not paying attention he passed the first door.

Pushing the second door, he paused when he realized he’d walked into the wrong room. He went to turn away only to stop when he noticed the piano in the corner.

Without giving it much though he walked over to the piano. His fingers pressing the keys, he hummed with each sound.

Noticing a recorder he picked it up, curiosity got the better of him. And he pressed the button, a soothing voice filled with longing entered the air..

Say you love me to my face

I need it more than your embrace

Just say you want me, that's all it takes

Heart's getting torn from your mistakes

 

'Cause I don't wanna fall in love

If you don't wanna try,

But all that I've been thinking of

Is maybe that you might

Baby it looks as though we're running out of words to say

And love's floating away

~~Jessie Ware~~( all rights belong to her)

 

Caught up in the music, Tae-yang didn’t hear the door open.

“What are you doing?”

He jerked around, only to come face to face with Bea, who stared at him in confusion.

“What are you doing in my room?”

To be continued


Thanks for reading, and please review. Thanks!