UNWRITTEN 7

The Lair (Book 2) UNBOUND
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"! You've activated all the bombs in this path!!"

 

"Damn you!  How was I supposed to know those ing trees got some sensors and quickly explodes on contact???" Dara yelled back at Mino in between her breath as she tried to follow the man.

 

"It's your curiosity that will kill you! Damn it! And though you are subject for training, you are still an outsider! "

 

"And how the hell can it even sense outsiders???"

 

Mino stopped in his track and yanked Dara who suddenly limped.

 

"The next bomb will explode in a minute. I'm sorry to bruise your ego, Ms. Park. I need to do this," Mino said and before Dara could even react, the man was already carrying her on his shoulder.

 

"Put me down!"

 

"Shut up and stop moving or we'll both be grilled meats here!"

 

Dara immediately stiffened and she looked back at the path they have been. What a huge mess. She's not yet even started and she already made a huge mess.

 

She caught the sight of the final explosion and it almost shook the earth causing Mino to stumble down, dropping her to the ground and she cried out when she felt her head hit the hard packed earth.

 

"Aaah!" She nursed the back of her head, scared of another injury but she was somehow relieved there was no blood, only a huge bump that made the part throb in pain.

 

"! You alright?" Mino asked and she nodded at him. The lad knelt down to offer his back for a ride and she didn't argue with him this time. She looked back before she noticed being taken into a darker, narrower uphill path and the moment they've reach an entrance to a cave, Mino lowered her to the dry ground to catch his breath.

 

Dara felt sorry for the young man. But her leg was starting to pound in pain too and she wanted to curse her injury. How long has it been since she got stabbed in her thigh?  It has just been weeks ago but with all the things that happened and has been happening lately, it seems it's been forever.

 

"You're bleeding,"

 

"Huh?" Dara followed Mino's gaze and it fell down her left thigh. She gritted her teeth and shut her eyes before lowering her bag.

 

"Let's spend the night here. It's getting late," Mino said and Dara this time, just followed.

 

"If you can leave me for a moment to... Well, so I can take off my jeans and see my wound," Dara uneasily told the boy. "Please,"

 

Mino was out of sight in no time so Dara carefully eased out of her pants, gritting her teeth when as she cleaned her wound with water from one of the bottles she brought inside her bag after drinking some from it. Jiyong has got her a small medicine kit too, something he managed to ask from Dr. Park.

 

Dara smiled at the thought. Jiyong knows she is such a troublemaker no wonder he thought of stuffing her bag with the most necessary things. She wondered where Jiyong with his men are now. She wondered if CL was still being hysterical but quite sure her bestfriend must be so confused right now.

 

She wondered how everything would turn out once CL appears back in CIU. Perhaps she will get demoted for being AWOL for almost a week now. What more Seunghyun who was still bound inside the Lair's infirmary.

 

She heaved a sigh and went back to cleaning her bloody wound, dressing it up with a bandage when she was done. She frowned at the state of her denim pants and with the remaining water in her bottle, she washed the blood stained part and decided to just wrap herself in a jacket she found in her bag. She stood up and made her way out.

 

"You're done?" Mino asked when he caught a glimpse of her but he didn't catch her surprised expression. 

 

He was there, with a bonfire already set to keep them warm.

 

"That was quick... You already made fire—"

 

"Fire..." Mino stood up and threw his black trenchcoat to the side. "You're the one responsible for this fire. For the fire down the bushes. Thank goodness the wind isn't that strong or else..." the young man just shrugged and turned away from her.

 

Dara scowled at Mino. But then she remembered she need to dry her pants so she quickly made her way back into the cave. She also grabbed the packed food Hye Jung has prepared for her and headed out once more. She found a rock nearby and laid her pants on it to dry.

 

"What are you doing?"

 

Dara lifted her head and saw Mino  eyeing her from head to toe. The lad quickly looked away, clearing his throat.

 

"I washed my pants. It's stained with blood." Dara said as she sat across Mino. She opened the lunchbox and saw some rice, stir-fried vegetables and a piece of fried fish inside.

 

"I'll come back later. Finish your food quickly then go back inside to sleep." Mino was about to stand up but Dara stopped him.

 

"Where are you going?"

 

"I'm heading back down to see the damage."

 

Dara nodded, but deep inside she was feeling sorry for it. "Aren't you going to eat first?"

 

Mino shook his head. "I had a meal before we left,"

 

"But... That was six hours ago,"

 

"Enjoy your meal, Ms. Park," Mino bowed and no other words came out from him after that. He marched downhill and Dara could just heave a sigh, following the lad with her gaze.

 

She took half of the rice and decided to just eat the vegetables and leave the fish for Mino just in case he comes back changing his mind about eating, though that might be impossible.

 

She dig in her food with the disposable spoon which was included in the bag. She wasn't sure if it was just her but the food seemed bland. She shrugged. Maybe it's her loss of appetite. A bad headache was starting to brew up and it made her feel nauseous Or maybe it's really the food. She ate some nonetheless,  knowing she needed energy for their journey. Tomorrow they will be reaching the training ground and more than emotionally, she knew all too well she needed to be physically prepared for it. 

 

She placed what remains of the food and covered it, setting it close to Mino's trench coat. She went inside, still almost hopping in one leg to get the last bottle of water she's brought and washed down her not so tasty dinner. She then went out once more to see if Mino has already come back but she looked around when she didn't find him still.

 

"Why should I be caring about that traitor anyway?" She scoffed but settled the bottle of water beside the food she left for him. She made her way back into the cave and sat on the side near a huge rock, nursing her aching leg and trying to ignore the throbbing in her head and the dizziness she was starting to feel, while her other hand went up to reach out to her necklace. She closed her eyes when Hye Jung's voice started to ring inside her head once more.

 

"Don't lose yourself. Don't change. Don't forget who you are,"

 

"I am here because of this," Dara rolled her thumb on the dragon pendant murmuring words to herself till she fell asleep. "I am here because of my father. I am here to save my friends. I am here for Kwon Jiyong,"

 

 

*******************

 

 

"Dae? Seungyoon?" CL walked inside the familiar building where she once have set her foot on before. It was the Park's abandoned hospital and mental institution, the same place where Dara almost lost her mind. She was highly aware of Jiyong and his men's presence behind her and her voice cracked at each call of the Kang brothers' name.

 

What if it was a trap? What if they'll all get killed in the end?

 

She feared not for her life this time. She feared for Daesung and Seungyoon. For Seunghyun too who was still in Area1.

 

And most of all for Dara who did a sacrifice for them.

 

"Dae? Seungyoon? You guys here? It's me... CL. I'm... back," the last word came out of her lips as a shaky breath. It was a dark, moonless winter night and they were at the backyard of the hospital with just the light coming from the car's beams. She swallowed hard when she saw a movement not too far from her.

 

On the other hand, what if Daesung and Seungyoon were armed with some backups?

 

Her stomach churned. She never knew fear before. Until now.

 

"Daesung?" CL tilted her head and she gasped when it wasn't Daesung who showed up. It was Seungyoon.

 

The man nodded at her before turning to Jiyong and his men behind CL.

 

"You may leave her now," Seungyoon said which made CL more anxious because she felt the movements behind her.

 

"I'm sorry," Jiyong said, firm loud and clear. "I'm sorry but I was ordered to make sure Lee Chaerin goes home safe and unharmed,"

 

CL furrowed her brows. Yes! She was somehow able to recollect. Dara was the one who asked Jiyong to deliver her home safely. "Seungyoon, he's telling the truth."

 

"So what are you suggesting?" Seungyoon asked.

 

"I'm going with you,"

 

CL saw Seungyoon turn behind him and not too long another man came out. This time, it was Daesung.

 

"I'm sorry but that was never part of the agreement." Daesung retorted.

 

Jiyong caught his breath. It seems like it wasn't as easy as he thought talking to Daesung would be. CL somehow sensed Jiyong's unease. 

 

"What's wrong?" She whispered when she felt Jiyong's presence closer behind her.

 

"Convince them that I need to go with you. It will only be just me. I need to get rid of them for a while," Jiyong held CL's arm and whispered back to her before pushing her roughly and the girl quickly picked up what Jiyong was saying.

 

The aids they were with were not Jiyong's crew. They were the men she recalled she saw when Dara was terribly bleeding from her stab wound. Only that the younger lad was not there. 

 

She ran towards Daesung but the clicking of the guns from both party echoed in the silence of the night. She didn't look back. Jiyong was behind her and she was holding on to him. The only people she needed to deal with were these two brothers.

 

"Don't do anything crazy!" She hissed as she grabbed Daesung by his jacket. "Let him go with us. Just him,"

 

"CL..."

 

"We can trust him! That man talking to you, we can trust him. Only him. It was Dara unnie's request,"

 

"Dara noona?" Seungyoon asked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter