UNBOUND 5

The Lair (Book 2) UNBOUND
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up! Damn it!" 

Seunghyun walker back and forth inside his study at the basement of his house. He tried to connect to Jiyong but he couldn't reach him. The latter has probably reached the zone outside Area 1 because that place has no cellular signal.

"Either he's at the docks or probably already in Area 1." Seungri said while using his communicator to reach Area 1. "Finally! Yah!" Seungri was able to connect and Seunghyun immediately walked towards him.

"Who's that?"

"Minzy," He mouthed. "What took you so long to answer! We've got some serious situation here! I mean there!" he shouted. "Is Jiyong hyung already there? What? He's not? What do you mean? Xin and his men?"

Seunghyun saw Seungri breathe a defeated sigh and run a palm down his face, and by the looks of it, Kwon Jiyong must have made another move.

"Tell the head that the commissioner is on his way to the docks. Don't ask me why coz I don't know either. Just tell everyone to be prepared. You make sure to send me a link of the cctv there, okay?" Seungri was frustrated. "I'll work on a secure connection now and try to contact you again. Send me the link there." Seungri sat down the chair in front of the laptop as he ended the call.

"What did she say?"

"Hyung is at the docks." Seungri said as he worked on the laptop. "Area 1 is on total lock down. She said she saw a few groups of our men leave and she was suspecting Jiyong hyung called them."

"What is he thinking!"

"I don't know! I'm gonna call Youngbae hyung. He probably knows."

"I'm not sure about that. The last time I checked, he was looking for your missing members,"

"Then Jiyong hyung's really in this alone? I can't believe him!"

"There's nothing we can do but just trust him in this one. I believe Kwon won't do anything rash knowing what's at stake." Seunghyun said, trying to calm down and think clearly. "I'll coordinate with the underground." He said as he contacted Seungyoon who was still in Gongjiam with Taehyun, Seunghoon and Jinwoo.

"I'm in!" Seungri announced. "There he is!" Seungri pointed at Jiyong who was walking upstairs.

"The commissioner has arrived." Seunghyun finished his call and inserted his phone back into his pocket. "I guess this is when the waiting game begins,"

"Can I join the game, too?"

Seunghyun and Seungri was surprised to see Dara behind them when they turned around.

"Noona," Seungri was about to stand up but Dara shook her head and pointed at the screen. "Focus." She told him and Seungri could just nod, swallowing hard as he turned to the laptop once more.

"Dara I..."

"Shh..." Dara shushed Seunghyun. "I'll be fine. Besides, I have the best chance in this game. I've been waiting the longest among you guys here, remember?"

 

________________

 

 

 

Jiyong walked into the dark hallway to leading to the VIP room at the docks. How many months had it been since he last set foot here? He asked himself as he treaded the now unfamiliar place. This place used to be so lively, with all the drinks and music and women, but tonight, it seemed as if he arrived at a graveyard. There are still some familiar people, who, as usual, don't mind whoever comes in and out of the place. Whether you're an angel or a demon, a sinner or a saint, you're all welcome in this place.

Well, perhaps, they mind though, coz it's him, the almighty son of The Lair's head and most employees in the bar are former members who couldn't serve an aid's purpose, and instead of being additional mouths to feed not to mention the fact that they cannot go live outside, decided they make money out of something. Servers. Runners. Entertainers for whatever purpose they could be. That's how life at the docks is. The lowest of all aids.

Not too long, as soon as he got onto the couch, a woman comes in with a tray of drinks.

"I thought we won't see each other again," the familiar woman seductively lowered the drinks on the table before sitting beside him. "What a luck,"

"Leave." Jiyong lit a cigarette stick and leaned back on the couch. "Tell everyone to stay alert. Code black."

"'Kay." Kiko stood up quickly, fully understanding what Jiyong told her. "I'll be back,"

"Kiko, please..." Jiyong glared at her. "I told you to leave."

The woman just looked back at him and smiled. "I was just about to this morning. But then I decided to wait one more day hoping you'd come home and drop by. And look, you're here. I'm glad I stayed. No regrets." She told him before finally leaving.

Jiyong shook his head as he watched the woman leave. He felt sorry for her, guilty even, that he could not reciprocate what she was offering him. Pity? He shook his head at the thought. That sounded low. She could have lived differently. There could have been more to her life than it is now, but here she is, ruined. And he took a part of ruining her. It never bothered him before, though, but tonight was different. He chugged on a bottle of whiskey in a hurry as if it'll make a difference. 

He sat back, crossing his leg as he took a drag on his cigarette. He sat there in silence, until a commotion downstairs made him scoff. A smirk formed across his lips, as if everything was happening according to his plan. Not too long, the door swung open revealing someone he had been waiting for.

"I guess you missed me too soon, Commissioner," Jiyong didn't even look at the man when he motioned him to the couch across him. "Or former Commissioner, I should say. I'm sorry it takes a lot of getting used to." Jiyong crossed his arms over his chest. "What brings you to this humble place? Does the needle prick stung so bad?"

The older man just scoffed and soon it turned to a smug grin. "You never fail to surprise me. Turns out, you're so much better than I thought. Will you forgive this old man for underestimating you?"

Jiyong just shrugged and watched the old man, unamused by him. "I suppose you didn't come all the way here just to do some sweet talking, Commissioner. How about you start talking straight?"

"Tell me what do you want." Lee Soo Man answered.

"Were you able to come up with a better offer?"

"Anything you could possibly imagine."

Jiyong nodded. Digesting the man's words. 

"Anything..."

"Name your price, Kwon."

Jiyong took a deep breath and pondered for a moment. "Money isn't an issue with you, right Mr. Presidential candidate?"

"That is given. I'm pretty sure there's much more you need than that."

"When I work, I always want to have full control on everything. If you want me, that includes me having authority over your men, your headquarters, your security. Everything."

"By that you mean—"

"That means as l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter