UNWRITTEN 14

The Lair (Book 2) UNBOUND
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"Aisht, why isn't he picking up," Youngbae cradled his communicator to his ear and slammed the door of the car close. He took a look around, trying to find a trace of old Hwang whom he knew was the one who took Jiyong and the rest for a boat ride from the island to the docks, but couldn't find any. With a frustrated sigh, he decided to check out the inn but when he was already nearing the building, he caught a glimpse of Dara shuffling her way back to the inn.

 

"Dara? Dara!" He ran towards the girl who's face seemed paler than it used to be. He was able to catch up with her and he had to hold the girl firmly by her arms to earn her attention.

 

"Where have you been? Why are you wandering around? Aisht!"

 

"Oh..." Dara lifted her face and she was surprised to see Youngbae. "You're here,"

 

"Hey... Are you okay?"

 

"Y-y-eah... I just... asked for some water for Seunghyun. He needs to take his medicine,"

 

Youngbae eyed Dara weirdly. Definitely, she wasn't holding any bottled water or even a glass of it. But looking at the direction where she came from, she just came back from the pub.

 

"Didn't they give you any?" He asked making Dara lower her gaze.

 

"Oh that... I think, I should ask the innkeeper first. There was no one at the front desk when I went downstairs."

 

"Where is Jiyong?" Youngbae asked, sensing how tensed up Dara was. Something might have happened, he thought. But where the hell was Jiyong? "I don't think you are allowed to roam around here,"

 

"She is not,"

 

Dara almost leaped up from her spot when she heard Jiyong's voice behind her. She did not even dare to turn around, afraid to meet him in the eye.

 

"Oh there you are. Man, have you gone nuts? Your woman was taking her sweet time touring around. Where the have you been?"

 

"I was not!" Dara butted in. "I just needed some water for Seunghyun! That's all!"

 

"Easy!" Youngbae told Dara who sounded really defensive. He turned to Jiyong and saw the man gritting his teeth.

 

"Didn't I tell you to stay inside that room? Did Choi ask you to do it?" Jiyong asked Dara. "He could have told me back when I was there."

 

"But you went out," Dara retorted. "...And TOOK CARE of SOME... things." Dara feigned a smile but that quickly faded. She took a deep breath before facing Youngbae.

 

"Now, Youngbae, if you are so concerned then, would you mind getting me a glass of water?" She asked Youngbae, taking him aback.

 

"S-s-ure..." he said and soon he was walking away hurriedly from them.

 

"Sandara, let's go back upstairs," Jiyong held her by her elbow and though deep inside, he was in denial about it, something was telling him Dara has heard his conversation with Kiko.

 

And it turned out, he was right.

 

"You broke her heart," Dara mumbled as he guided her upstairs. He stiffened for a moment but the fact that she was not pushing him away calmed him a bit.

 

"So you've heard,"

 

"I'm sorry..." Dara heaved a sigh. "I didn't mean to eavesdrop on your conversation.

 

"Don't be. You don't have to be."

 

Dara stopped on her track when they reached the hallway to their room and faced Jiyong, gauging his emotions. She forced a smile when she couldn't find any emotion besides worry.

 

"Just... how many are we, Jiyong?"

 

"Oh please Sandara," Jiyong ran his palm down his face.

 

"Don't get me wrong. I just want to prepare myself."

 

"For what?"

 

"Earlier... When I heard what you said to Kiko... I know, I should have felt happy because you chose me. But aftwr hearing her side,, I realized I was not completely happy. She's right. You were quite unfair,"

 

Jiyong shut his eyes and raked his hair in frustration. He walked away then back and it startled Dara when he slammed his hands on the wall, trapping her in his arms on either side of her.

 

"What do you want me to do? Tell me! What should I do?" Jiyong hissed. "One way or another, someone's going to get hurt and I don't want it to be you! I'm trying to correct my mistakes,  Dara. I'm trying!"

 

"But you're hurting too." Dara mumbled as she lowered her gaze. "Because admit it or not, you care about her,"

 

Jiyong's hands fell to his sides. He went stiff for a moment, unable to even express what he wanted to say. He hung his mouth open, trying to protest, but pursed it once more and shook his head.

 

"That's not what you think, Sandara—"

 

"I feel sorry both to her and to myself that we had to love the same man. If I were in her shoes—"

 

"Stop. Please. Stop. I'm sorry," Jiyong lowered his head, hanging it low. "I'm sorry,"

 

"It was a relief to let you know I heard your conversation." Dara forced a smile and looked up at him. 

 

"If you did not know I heard, I would have to keep my silence and pretend to be dumb while you seal all your ex lovers' lips and keep them away. Jiyong... I could do that. I could pretend I did not hear a thing because I believe what you and Kiko had before were all in the past. But this..." Dara heaved a sigh and shook her head.  "The fact that you are doing things behind my back now is scaring me. You could have just told me. I have always acted like a fool and I might look weak and useless but you have to trust me."

 

"I'm sorry. I just... I just didn't know how you'll react. I can't stand seeing you hurt,"

 

"You don't want me to get hurt when I told you I want to be strong for you?  Don't misunderstand, Kwon Jiyong. I am quite mad and emotional now, but I will never give you up without a fight. But at least, next time, tell me your plans and don't keep things from me. I'd rather hear it from you. You know I will always try to understand,"

 

Jiyong nodded and rested his forehead against hers, relieved that she was trying, and mad at himself at the same time for keeping things to her.

 

Yes he has always been so afraid of hurting her and this time he was even trying harder to be more careful. 

 

Dara is carrying a life in her womb and he was still gauging her emotions before telling her anything that might stress her out. 

 

For he knew, and Bom made her point too well. Dara has been experiencing sudden flashes of her memory and once triggered, who knows what will happen to her? Revealing her pregnancy might take her back to the time she suffered miscarriage and knowing she passed out back at the training ground after some hallucinations, it made Jiyong even more hesitant.

 

But that was not the only thing that was bothering him. 

 

Last night, Dara heard his conversation with Seungri and he realized that he had been too careless. She asked him about it and he was afraid she might overthink again so he only told her that he and Seunghyun are going to meet Daesung but he had no plan of taking her with them. He was planning to leave her in CL's care.

 

He slumped into her shoulder and embraced her, sorry that he couldn't tell her everything at the moment. He kissed her hair and it while her other arm s around her waist.

 

"Jiyong..."

 

"I'm sorry," he cooed as he drowned himself in her scent. "I'm sorry,"

 

Dara heaved a sigh and patted his back. "It's okay big boy, it's okay." She bit her lip, quite annoyed by herself for being too easy on him. How could she remain mad and hurt when Kwon Jiyong, the MIGHTY Kwon Jiyong is being like this to her. She pulled away to see his face and Jiyong was about to bend down to kiss her when she was suddenly reminded by something.

 

"Water,"

 

"Huh?" Jiyong moved away a bit and watched her worriedly. "You're thirsty?"

 

"No... Seunghyun has to take his medications... I mean I asked Youngbae to—"

 

"I'm here,"

 

They were both startled when they heard Youngbae's voice down the staircase. Jiyong shut his eyes close and ran his palm down his face before charging at Youngbae.

 

"Man, how long have you been standing there?"

 

"Uhm... Long enough to hear everything?"

 

"Aisht!" Jiyong scowled at him.

 

"The , dude! What do you want me to do when there's only one tiny hallway leading to your room?" Youngbae walked up and past them, frowning at the two before he completely went inside the room.

 

"He's got some point," Dara nodded and faced Jiyong who was still red and fuming. Dara chuckled but immediately clamped when Jiyong turned to her.

 

"What's funny,"

 

"Nothing," Dara tried to hide her laughter but she ended up bursting into giggles. She bit her lip and looked away. "We should be preparing to leave—"

 

"I'm asking you," Jiyong caught her face and made her look at him. "Nicely,"

 

"I just answered!"

 

"What's funny?" Jiyong tilted his head as he closed their gap, leaving just enough space for them to breathe. "What's so funny?"

 

"Fine," Dara let out breathlessly. "You... You look funny. And... I... I find it adorable." Dara breathily answered with that I-want-to-be-kissed look that it made him smirk.

 

"I love it when you look at me like that, Tokki." He brushed her lips with his thumb and it and it made Dara gasp, her knees starting to betray her.

 

"Aren't you supposed to kiss me?" she whined like a child but Jiyong just stepped back grabbed her hand. He then looked around before dragging her with him.

 

"J-j-iyong..."

 

"Wait there Tokki. Maybe I can give you more," he said as he faced a door fished out a penknife from his pocket and inserted it into the door lock. It took him exactly two tw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter