UNBOUND 6

The Lair (Book 2) UNBOUND
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

She wasn't sure if it's just the bed, or the room, the little bub moving in her now protruding belly, or the fact that she's sleeping at Seunghyun'e house that made her fidgety and uneasy the whole night. Dara didn't even sleep a wink last night and there were so many things to blame but perhaps, above it all, she realized joining Seungri and Seunghyun's little 'waiting game' was a bad decision.

It was like watching the of a movie. Her heart raced, hell, she almost even forgot to breathe, and the mention of her name, and how Jiyong dodged the topic quickly, easily, that she almost believed she didn't matter to him anymore, made her feel terrible. And then there were his conditions. All to which spells DANGER. Then that woman named Kiko getting into trouble, and Jiyong somewhat getting tormented over her.

It was all painful to watch yet she decided to stay. She trusts Jiyong. But that doesn't mean she's immune to pain and anxiety.

She sighed for the nth time, all sprawled on the bed as she looked up the ceiling, the sunlight slowly filling the room.

It's already morning and she felt really restless.

She sat up and reached out to her right for a glass of water, finally giving up finding that peaceful slumber. Down her left was a pull out bed. She took a peep, and a tall, male figure was lying with an arm over his eyes.

This was her husband. At least on the paper. But that doesn't mean she should neglect some little duties to him just because it was just for a show.

She prepared herself to get up from bed when a thick, baritone voice filled the room, startling her.

"Go get some sleep." Seunghyun said. "Or you might get dizzy." Dara furrowed her brows to this. Did she wake him up while she was twisting and turning in bed all night?

"I'm just going to prepare breakfast." She answered which made Seunghyun sit up and face her, still looking handsome despite his unruly hair.

"You're hungry?" He asked and Dara just shook her head. "If you're thinking about me or Hayi, then stop. Mrs. Hong's downstairs. Just go back to sleep or at least stay in bed and get some rest."

"I'm fine, Seunghyun. I was just probably not used to sleeping here—"

"You sure?" Seunghyun asked again.

"Yeah." She flashed him a somewhat convincing smile. Seunghyun got up and stretched a bit.

"You use the bathroom here. I'll use the one outside," he said, going out of the room without any more word, giving her some space so she could move freely.

A pang of guilt hit her. Seunghyun is such a wonderful guy. If only she could give back even a bit of all the care, the thoughtfulness, the effort, he's been giving her, she would. But she knew in her heart that even if she tried, it will never amount to all the things that Seunghyun did for her. Besides, it was like cheating herself and taking Seunghyun for a fool. Even at the very moment, it was Jiyong she was worrying about.

The days at Seunghyun's house went by slowly, reminding her how she used to spend the summer breaks at home back when she was in her teenage years. Every hour passed by lazily, making her take naps in the morning and afternoon and somewhat sleepless at night as if her body clock was tied to Jiyong's who's always active during the darkest hours. But she never actually heard anything about Jiyong, nor that she asked anyone. CL never dropped by after that night while Seungri went back to her house and never came back to visit either.

Seunghyun never left home during his one week leave. He stayed by her side and helped look after Hayi though Mrs. Hong was there. Little by little, they started to adjust living together in one roof, like a normal family. It was a huge effort, mostly coming from Seunghyun's side but at least the father and daughter's relationship was also getting better.

It was two days after Seunghyun went back to work when Hayi started asking questions.

"Aunt Dara... When is uncle Jiyong coming?" Hayi asked over breakfast making Dara choke a bit but the child didn't notice for she was paying attention to her cereal while asking. "I miss him."

"Uncle Jiyong is busy right now," Seunghyun answered on Dara's behalf. "But don't worry. I'll tell him that our little Hayi misses him already."

Dara narrowed her eyes at Seunghyun. "Stop giving her false hopes!" She whispered but Seunghyun just smiled at her.

"Does daddy often meet with uncle Jiyongie?"

"Uhm..." Seunghyun thought for a bit before glancing sideways at Dara. "Not too often. But yeah, we meet each other."

"Oh... Daddy and Uncle must be really good friends!" Hayi cheerfully said making Dara choke again.

Sweetie, if you only knew.

"Yes," Seunghyun confirmed nonchalantly. "If he's not too busy, I'm pretty sure he will play with our Hayi." He turned to his daughter and smiled a fatherly smile at her.

Dara was left slackjawed at Seunghyun's promises. When will that guy be 'not too busy'? Hell, by thi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter