The Cooking Date

Into Their World

"Alright so first you grab the flour and sprinkle it on the counter. That way it prevents your dough from sticking and all that unnecessary stuff." The teacher chuckled, but Kai wasn't even paying attention to what he was saying. Instead he was paying attention to the girl in front of him who was obediently doing everything the teacher instructed.

A tap on his shoulder pulled him out of his dazed thoughts as he looked at his friend. "Dude seriously? Pay a-freaking-ttention. I'm not gonna fail my finals cuz my partner is a love struck dummy." Taemin hissed at him. Kai just rolled his eyes and continued doing what he was doing before Taemin interrupted him.

"Mr. Jongin would you like to tell me what ingredient I should put in next?" The teacher, Mr. Do asked. Kai looked at Taemin, who purposely avoided his gaze. He groaned internally to himself. Maybe he really should stop ogling the hottie with a body in front of him and actually listen to instructions.

"I'm waiting." Mr. Do said calmly, but all the students knew that under that calm facade laid a beast.

"Two teaspoons of sugar, and a cup of butter." A student answered from across the room. The teacher held his gaze on Kai before he turned in the students direction smiled and nodded and proceeded with his lecture.

Kai let out a low sigh. He was thankful for the student, Baekhyun, at that moment.

The bell rang before he knew it, and the students began to leave the cooking hall. The teacher called to Kai right as he and Taemin were about to walk out. "I'll wait for you in the car." Taemin whispered to him before he left the room.

Kai turned to the teacher and that's when he realized his crush was still there. Cleaning up the small cooking stations and looking flawless as she did it. He shaped his attention back to the teacher.

"Sir?" Kai asked when Mr.Do didn't say anything after a moment.

"You've been very out of it in class these pass few days and I don't know what's going on, but at this rate you're going to fail if you keep it up." Mr. Do said as he leaned back in his chair and folded his arms over his chest, shooting an intimidating stare Kais way.

"I'm sorry sir, I'll be better and make sure to pay attention in your class from now on." Kai promised.

The teacher sized him up one last time with his eyes, before he nodded and dismissed him. Kai looked around the room to see where his crush was, only to notice that she finished cleaning all the stations and was no longer in the room. He left and nearly collided with another body as he stepped out of the room.

"Oh sorry." The voice said. It want till then that Kai recognized the voice. It was none other than his crush.

"Ahhh its ok I should say the same to you." Kai chuckled.

His crush looked up at him. Her eyes luring him in and her scent driving him wild by the second. "Guess you're in with mr.do." she laughed, Kai scoffed. "Hardly. It was just a little lecture that's all." "Suurreeee~" she teased and he grinned.

"How about I teach you a thing or two about cooking? A 1 on 1 lesson between just me and you." She suggested. "I know how to cook. In fact, I'm at the top of our class." Kai replied back. She worked a brow. "Lies." She said as she stared him up and down. Kai scoffed again and playfully held a hand to his chest. "Ugh! Excuse me? I'd like to have you know that I can be number one if I wanted." Kai said with sass. She busted out laughing as she looked him over again.

"Yeah sure you can, mr. I'llDoBetterIPromise." 

And this time Kai laughed along. "So do you wanna come over my place and learn how to really cook our not?" She asked after she calmed down. Kai bit his lip in thought and then began to grin.

"I'll think about it." He said with that ever so naughty grin on his lips. She rolled her eyes and chuckled.

"Fine then let me know when you make up your mind."  She said with a small smile. And with that she left.

Once she was gone Kai did a happy dance and dashed to Taemins car, excited to tell him about what happened.

He was more than proud with himself for playing it cool and hard to get with the girl of his dreams. Now he had a reason to talk to her and he was glad that Mr. Do called him back to chit chat with him, because now his crush knows he exists and he was over the moon about it.