Intense Monday

Kiss and Tell
Among all the things Baekhyun hates, there is nothing quite like mondays. The day in itself is something worth being reluctant about. Every monday morning, Kyungsoo has to drag him out of bed, and it seems like it's his little guilty pleasure to pull him in the bathtub and soak him to the bone until he would eventually surrender. Today's no exception, and as soon as the clock reads 6:30AM, Kyungsoo, already showered and dressed up, makes quietly his way to Baekhyun's bedroom, where the latter is peacefully sleeping. Kyungsoo can't exactly recall why, but he feels a certain kind of insane satisfaction in this particular habit of his.
'I would be a terrible mother.', he often thinks about himself the moment he enters the room, only to find Baekhyun snoring obliviously in his spongebob sheets.
 
"Baekhyun-ah!", he exclaims as he shakes lightly the sleeping figure, "Wake up!"
 
Baekhyun just shifts under his hands and groan in annoyance, making Kyungsoo's face darken and his lips stretch in an evil smirk.
"Baek...", he threatens with a lower voice.
 
"Five more minutes, Soo...", the other whines without even opening one eye.
 
"To hell your five minutes!", Kyungsoo exclaims, pulling the blanket ; it makes Baekhyun shriek and crawl in a foetal position. "Don't make me force you, Baek."
 
Baekhyun just groans and frowns.
 
"Time's up, you're in for a shower."
With no further ado, Kyungsoo grabs his arms and drags him out of bed, heading to the bathroom. As usual, the sleepy shortie curses and pleas but his roommate's heart seems as dry and cold as a rock and soon, he's thrown on the floor, cold water drenching him and his pajamas.
 
"STOP! STOP! Fine I'll get up!"
 
As soon as those words escape Baekhyun's mouth, the water stops falling. 
 
"See that wasn't that difficult.", Kyungsoo smirks above him, "Hurry and get ready, breakfast's in 15."
With that, he leaves the bathroom and bedroom altogether, humming for himself, under Baekhyun's deadly glare.
 
Fifteen minutes later, Baekhyun perks his head out of his bedroom's doorframe quietly, attracted by the smell of freshly baked pancakes. From his spot he can see Kyungsoo cooking, totoro apron and penguin slippers on, looking like a cute and helpful roommate but Baekhyun isn't fooled. He knows Satan is lurking out there in this tiny body, hiding behind those huge owl-eyes and heart-shaped lips to trick humans then their souls to regain energy. Thus he approaches very quietly, trying go steal one or two pancakes behind the other's back ; however Satan seems to have bionic ears as well.
 
"There you are! Come seat and eat.", Kyungsoo says to him without even turning around.
 
Baekhyun curses. Caught again. He goes immediatly to the couch, curls up in it as a way to protest. Sulking is his form of rebel. Soon enough, he hears footsteps coming near his spot, as well as Kyungsoo's sweet words:
 
"Come on, Baek, come eat ; I made you breakfast."
 
Satan is tempting him, but he shall resist.
 
"There's your favourite latte and.... Pancakes!"
 
Baekhyun snorts.
 
"... And maple syrup too."
He feels Kyungsoo ruffle his hair lightly ; his sweet spot, and he grumbles.
 
"Is there whipped cream on my latte?"
 
"Of course. Just how you like it."
 
"... Fine.", he sighs as he gets up.
He definitely is too weak.
 
Kyungsoo lets out a light laugh before yawning, making his way to the table, Baekhyun pacing behind him. 
"Here.", he says in a soft voice, pushing the mug overflowing with cream and the pancake plate towards his roommate, "Eat some, Baek. Long day today."
 
Baekhyun hums, already shoving a full pancake in his mouth. Kyungsoo rubs his eyes and stretch a bit ; his rings are getting bigger and darker, remarks Baekhyun as he watches him sip on his black coffee. "Want me to tell you a bit more about Kris?"
 
"Yes. No. Whatever. Will it be like back in highschool?"
 
"Quite. Other questions?"
 
"Why won't you do it yourself?"
 
"I don't have time for this. Besides it's your punishment, not mine.", Kyungsoo shrugs, munching on his pancake.
 
Baekhyun pouts.
"Why are you the one earning money then?"
 
"It's money for both of us ; I earn mine myself, thank you very much."
 
"I never saw you going to any work.", he counters, furrowing his eyebrows.
 
"I'm tutoring highschool and some college students in my spare-time at University."
 
"Bloody genius."
 
Kyungsoo doesn't reply but instead cast him a satisfied smile upon the acknowledgement of his high IQ by his grumpy roommate, before getting another sip of his coffee.
 
"You do know that I hate you, right?", Baekhyun assures after minutes of silence.
 
He simply nods, tinkling twice an empty cup on the table while singsonging:
"You're gonna miss me when I'm gone!..."
 
Both can't help but burst out laughing right after.
 
 
They arrive at college before the first course, mingling with the crowd in the hall. Baekhyun looks and goes everywhere, almost getting lost every minute Kyungsoo doesn't have an eye on him ; thus they end up holding hands while heading straight to the art and music department. On the way they try to hide from people ; as Kyungsoo says, it's already embarassing enough having to drag him by the hand through the whole campus, he'd rather not have to explain it to anyone as well. After twenty minutes of hiding and running into empty corridors, they finally arrive in the right building, laughing and panting.
 
"Go there and get changed.", Kyungsoo breathes as he hands him a new piece of clothing.
 
"I can't actually believe you are making me doing this again.", Baekhyun states, undressing himself in the empty room. On the other side of the door, Kyungsoo is waiting for him to change, checking his wristwatch periodically. "You know perfectly I'm not comfortable with my body."
 
"Exactly why I'm making you doing this. As an actor, it's very important to be confident with your appearance. Hence this kind of punishment. I could've made you done anything else."
 
Baekhyun scoffs.
"Oh yeah, that, and you need money."
 
"We need money, Baek.", Kyungsoo states, "And you know what they say: 'Kill two birds with one stone'. That's how I roll. Even if I see it more like... A side dish."
 
"Am I your side dish then?", he laughs, getting out of the room newly dressed up.
 
"Of course not ; money is."
Kyungsoo smiles a bit, or at least the corner of his mouth curl slightly up as he takes Baekhyun's former clothes to shove him down his penguin backpack.
 
"Hum, Soo? Will I have to carry my stuff in your penguin bag?..."
 
"I'm afraid so."
This time a real smile flourishes on the shorter's lips, handing him the cute children's backpack. Baekhyun takes it reluctanctly, making a face.
 
"You evil gremlin."
 
 
*
 
 
Chanyeol couldn't believe his eyes. Just a moment ago, he caught a glimpse of Baekhyun's petite silhouette in the crowd pressing down the hall. An odd feeling of excitement makes his heart race at the thought of the latter being here, in the same area as himself, and the possibility of bumping into him every moment, however he pulls himself together quickly: Baekhyun isn't supposed to be here in college, let alone his. Hasn't he said the other day that he wasn't applying to college? 
He shakes his head slightly, getting the image of Baekhyun out of his mind to focus on his former activity known as 'find the Jongin'. However, once again, his eyes take sight of the short boy pacing excitedly in the hall, grabbed by the hand by another student with huge eyes, and this time he is sure he hasn't dreamt earlier. Baekhyun is indeed here, in his college campus.
 
"I have to go.", he states solemly as soon as he finds Jongin.
 
"What?", the other furrows his eyebrows, "Yeol, maths exams are approaching and you . You can't afford missing another class."
 
"I'll take tutoring lesson. I must go right now. See you at lunch!"
He pats Jongin twice on the shoulder, then turns around, scanning the crowd to find Baekhyun again. He notices the shortie boy bouncing his way outside the building, dragged by the hand by the same boy as earlier.
 
"Don't be late! I don't want to be Jongdae and Minseok's third wheel alone!", he hears faintly Jongin shouting at him as he heads outside as well.
 
A gust of wind welcomes him when he passes the frontdoors, however Baekhyun and his friend are no longer in sight. Chanyeol curses under his breath. He tries to remember things that could lead him to the right way.
The Art and Litterature department, he thinks of first, recalling Baekhyun's interest in theater.
He nearly gets lost three times on his way there, asking for direction every five steps, but he eventually gets on the right track, just in time to see in the distance Baekhyun laughing and running to enter the basement. However, as Chanyeol is about to catch up with him, he hears someone calling him from behind.
 
"Chanyeol-ah! What are you doing here?", Junmyeon, his senior, asks him with a wide grin, genuinely surprised to see him here.
 
"Er, I had some free time and I figured... Why not go for a walk...", Chanyeol rubs the back of his head sheepishly, "What are you doing here with a... Skeleton?..."
 
Junmyeon laughs lightly, glancing at the skeleton replica next to him.
"Oh that? Kris asked me to get this upstairs in the art club. Mind lending me a hand?"
 
"Uh, oh, yeah sure.", Chanyeol takes the skeleton under his arm obediently even though Junmyeon haven't said anything yet, "What should I do?"
 
"Actually, if you aren't busy right now, would you be so kind to put it in the art studio's junk room? Tao just called me earlier saying he needs me for something important."
 
Chanyeol cringes but nods nonetheless ; if he is going in the building, he might as well help Junmyeon a bit.
"Sure. Where is it?"
 
The older beams.
"Thanks, I owe you one. Between rooms 208 and 209, however you can only access it from one of the two rooms. Enter 208 and it's the brown door at the back."
 
"Okay. See you around, I guess? Want to get lunch with us?"
 
"Sure, text me later. Thanks again, see you!"
With that, Junmyeon flashes him a last smile before turning around, heading to the hallway. 
 
Chanyeol nearly runs to the art and litterature basement.
 
 
He finds rather easily the room 208, and thus the junk room. However as he enters to put down the skeleton into the room, not even caring to switch on the light, he hears a familiar voice echoing in the corridor, getting closer to the studio's front door.
 
"", he curses under his breath, hastily closing the junk room's door and sliding against the wooden material, "!" 
 
"I'll come to pick you up at lunch, must go to work now. Later Baek.", he hears a muffled foreign voice through it.
 
"Later Soo!"
 
Chanyeol buries his burning face into his palms. Baekhyun is right here, a few feets -and an inch of wood- away from him, and his limbs start feeling like jelly. He peaks the upper part of his face behind the little opening window, and even though he knows he shouldn't, let his eyes wander upon Baekhyun's slim figure pacing around the room. 
Weirdly enough, the latter is wearing a bathrobe, bare-footed, carrying a penguin backpack and humming lightly a childlish song ; weirdly enough, Chanyeol still finds himself rather attracted by his features despite the evident lack of style in his whole being at this moment. Contrary to the Baekhyun he has met last saturday at the coffee shop, all nicely dressed up and quite distinguished, this one seems far more playful and heart-warming, and Chanyeol can't seem to get his eyes off of him. His study of Baekhyun's features is however troubled by the arrival of Kris, that gets his breath caught in his throat.
 
What is he doing here?, Chanyeol watches him making his way towards Baekhyun with utter confusion and deep disbelief.
 
"Hi, Baekhyun I suppose?", he hears Kris' low voice greet.
 
"Oh, uh, yes. Hi to you too."
Baekhyun nervously scratch the back of his neck as he shakes the other's hand.
 
"Nervous? Is that your first time?"
 
Chanyeol furrows his eyebrows. What is this about?
 
Baekhyun lets out a chuckle:
"Nah, Kyungsoo used to make me do it quite a lot back in highschool. It's just been a little while since..."
 
"I see. Well, shall we get started?"
 
And as if it couldn't get weirder, Baekhyun nods and takes off the penguin backpack, then undoes the knot closing his bathrobe, in front of Chanyeol's widening stare. In the blink of an eye, the robe falls on the floor, revealing milky skin to the sunlight getting through the window, and Chanyeol's face heat up all of a sudden upon the sight of Baekhyun in all of his glory bathing in the bright light of the room, looking like an angel from another time. He stays still, mesmerized by his delicate body,  admiring all the curves and lines of his silhouette, taking in the details of his gracious being. For a second, he wishes to be in that damn room, so close he could see the goosebumps on his skin and the slow rising of his chest, so close he could breathe in his flowerly scent and trace the outline of his collarbone, neck, jawline, lips, nose and eyes, like he had dreamt for the past days, deep down in slumber.
 
"There isn't any special pose. Just sit on this armchair, and install yourself whatever you're comfortable with."
Kris' voice breaks again the train of his thoughts. Chanyeol feels a sudden pang of jealousy at the thought of the older being in the same room as Baekhyun, being able to see closer the perfection of his skin and the beauty of his body ; however he now knows what is going on and relief wash over his body. Of course he should have guessed ; Kris is an art major in his final year, and probably need material for his memoire.
 
Baekhyun takes place under the light, sitting on draped sheets, creamy skin against ghosty pale white, and once again, Chanyeol is captivated by the boy's figure. His brain stops processing, far too busy into contemplation to grasp reality on anything else, and he just stands there, on his knees right behind the door, gaze fixed on Baekhyun now motionless, skin kissed by rays of sunshine. In another life, in another dimension or another time maybe, Chanyeol is the one allowed to see him like this, body exposed to the daylight, and the one falling into slumber staring at the perfection of his face. Under other circumstances, Chanyeol is the one holding this slim body against him, wrapping his arms around his thin waist, his porcelain skin. However in this time and space, Chanyeol is only behind the door, chest rising heavily like a hormonal teenager watching his first , and he realises this shouldn't be that way. That he shouldn't feel that way. Not for Baekhyun. Not for a boy. Panick rises in him, and he gets up abruptly, nearly stomping on the skeleton as his feet, leaving the junk room by the other door leading to room 209. The door slams, and he's out of here, running in the corridor to get as far as he can from Baekhyun and his intoxicating being.
 
 
*
 
 
Baekhyun startles as he hears a door slamming near their room.
"What was that?"
 
Behind his easel, Kris doesn't flinch, doesn't even seem perturbed. He's concentrated on sketching every detail of his model.
"Probably nothing. Don't worry.", he reassures him.
 
Baekhyun nods, shifting uncomfortably on his spot. A shiver comes down his spine. He feels exposed, posing in the daylight, with nothing to wear, and it's something he doesn't like. All around him is well too defined, too clear for him to feel at ease. He reports his gaze outside the window, looking peacefully upon the campus, and lets his mind wander in other places.
 
His train of thoughts leads him to wonders he only allows himself to let in at the end of the day, lying sleeplessly in his bed. In these moments, melancholy takes upon him and he remembers with tenderness the warmth and particular taste of having a cherished significant being, the thrills of anticipating the sight of his face in the crowd, the softness of held hands and sleepless nights of cuddles ; he starts dreaming of kisses in the dark, whispered words and endless laughs, of all that he misses in his single life, be it small things like being shampooed or deeper feelings like love itself. Baekhyun hardly admits it to himself, but he wishes he could love again, as fondly and purely as his first love, like a fool maybe, but with a love so whole, so raw, so touching he wouldn't even consider living without it. He wishes he could get up like the day of his sixteen, so drunken from love he would feel dizzy every living moment, wishes he could be so fooled by his own feelings he would already be thinking of forever, blinded by the youth ; he wishes it so bad, to get back in time and recklessly asking out all the people he had a interest in, living so fully and with such a caring and loving mind he wouldn't ever regret dating them, and discovering again young love like a child.
 
He wonders again what taste love has. Surely it would be the sweetest, full of entangled limbs, child wrestling and dishevelled hair ; it would smell like pancakes, coffee and fresh laundry ; surely there would be kisses in the stairs, late night pillow fights and brushing teeth together, lingering touches and warm hugs. Love to him is like a faded taste on the tip of his tongue, no longer there for him to savour, but still present enough for him to long for.
 
Chanyeol is the next thing popping in his mind uninvited, with his warm smiles and adorable look, and it leaves a bittersweet feeling dancing in his heart. A mixed feeling of tenderness and regret, that makes him think again of Kyungsoo's words ; he should have done something. An overwhelming wave of sadness washes over him as he realises something: he is the only responsible for his current misery. In his haste of finding someone perfect, he didn't even noticed all the imperfections he loved in the people he had met in the past few weeks, like Jaehwan's dorkiness, Sunggyu's lisp or Hyunsik's clumsiness ; like Chanyeol's annoying drunk self, crooked smile and weird ears, the way he gets coffee stains on the corner of his mouth while drinking, his awkward yet contagious laugh and his un-matching low voice. A tender smile graces his lips, yet his heart tugs at the recall ; he hasn't anything to find Chanyeol again, thanks to that stupid 'straight-guys' rule of his dumb-self, and although he now knows he could -no, want to- ask him out on a date, all his chances are gone into oblivion.
Disappointment takes all over him. That's when he recalls the circumstances of their encounter, and he closes his eyes in relief and satisfaction. In the back of his head, he sticks out a note for later:
 
Finding Chanyeol again in that club ; before he can get drunk.
 
 
*
 
 
"Yeollipop! What are you calling me for again?", Yura laughs as she picks up Chanyeol's call.
 
A smile graces his features as soon as he hears his sister's voice.
"Hey Yura-jagi, you know you are my favourite sister right?"
 
"Well, I'm your only sister but I guess that does count."
 
"Yeah. I need some help in mathematics ; do you know anyone who could tutor me for the upcoming exam?"
 
He faintly hears Yura calling his boyfriend:
"Seungsoo-yah! Doesn't your little brother tutor students?"
She gets a muffled "Yeah, why?" as a reply. - "Because Yeol-baby needs some! Do you think he could help?"
For a second, she covers the phone while speaking to Seungsoo, before speaking again:
"Here Yeol-ah, Soo wants to talk with you."

Before he can protest, he's greeted by a soft voice.
"Hey Yeol, how you doing?"
 
"Fine thanks, you?"
 
"Pretty fine too. So, Yura told me you need tutoring?"
 
"Yeah.", he pauses, "Actually... I'm not so good in maths."
 
"That's alright, I'll call my little brother. I'm sure he could help. Usually his tutoring are a bit pricey but I could convince him to help you for free."
 
"Soo-yah don't bully your brother!", Chanyeol hears his sister nag.
 
"Alright, I could convince him to help you for less then."
 
"That'd be awesome hyung."
 
"I'll ask him and get you in touch alright?"
 
"Yeah, thank you. I owe you one."
 
"No you don't ; Yura does.", Seungsoo chuckles, and Yura lets out an unpleased whine in the background, "Now, I'll give you your sister back. Dinner's not gonna cook itself."
 
"Don't let her enslave you!", Chanyeol warns him playfully.
 
"Oh my, don't worry for me", he lowers his voice, "I'm the one in control in the shadow."
 
"I figured so. Well, see you hyung!"
 
"See you Chanyeol-ah."
Seungsoo gives back the phone to Yura.
 
"Having fun comploting with my boyfriend, Ears?", she teases Chanyeol.
 
"Quite. You're the best sister ever, and your boyfriend is double great too."
 
"Cut the crap and tell me more about that pixie boy aready!", Yura excitedly asks, and Chanyeol can hear the smile in his voice.
 
"Uh-hu, don't wan't to bring bad luck on this. I should go, I have still maths to work."
 
"Yah Park Chanyeol don't you dare-"
 
"I love you Yura, bye!"
He hangs up abruptly, flushing brightly. I should take a cold shower, he decides.
 
 
Lying on his bed, he hears his phone vibrate next to his head.
 
'Tutoring starts on wednesday afternoon, little brother's gonna come to your house. Gave him the adress and your phone number. Paycheck is jjajangmyeon is that alright?'
 
'That's perfect, thank you hyung :)'
 
'Yw boy.'
 
'Just a little something. What's his name again?'
 
'Kyungsoo.'
 

Chanyeol nods slowly, repeating the name. Kyungsoo, Do Kyungsoo.

 


A/N: That update came out so late, and isn't even that long, I'm so sorry guys. There isn't really any excuse, but as I was halfway through the writing, I lost all my work, and for days I was so frustrated I couldn't motivate myself to write anymore baekyeol. I also got my results and even though they aren't bad, I don't know yet if I'll be able to pass this year and I must work really hard if I want to, so I didn't have much time to work on it either. Anyway I hope this was satisfying? I feel a bit insecure rn with my writing for absolutely not reason but well. I hope you liked this update, at least a bit. I definitely have things planned in my mind rn for the next chapter but I'll be finishing some other things in the meantime so the update would be in another month I guess, or in one or two weeks if I motivate myself enough (however if I update earlier it would be shorter)

It's 2AM already and I'm so ing tired but so happy that I'm able to give you this update. Thanks a lot for waiting for so long and keep up with me, I will try my best to overflow you with baekyeol the next update, I promise.

Even though it's late, I'm shamelessly promoting my other fics because: xiuchen is underrated although they deserve the love, and: first attempt at kaisoo idk if you want to check it'll be online soon (? Hopefully)

So yep, advertising for myself, I'm shameless like that, bruh:

Extra whipped cream (xiuchen)

Pour vivre heureux... (xiuchen)

Science me (kaisoo)

(And my first baby, if you're interested in Sekai: Of watering plants and blooming hearts)

I'll go on a date with my bed rn.

Lots of love, and until the next update, take care!