Pancake morning

Kiss and Tell

Chanyeol wakes up to the sound of a feminine voice and the smell of pancakes ; something he was so familiar with just a few years ago, yet it had been so long since anybody cooked him breakfast, all of this doesn't seem real. His head hurts so bad he is afraid it will only get worse if he gets up. He opens slowly his eyes and it's hard to see anything for the sun is all around his room and his vision goes all blurry and dizzy. His mouth is dry and he feels awful, and that says it all : he got drunk again in that club.

"." he lets out a grunt as he sits in the middle of his bed, in messy blankets and pillows everywhere. 

Looking around him he tries to remember what happened last night. Surprisingly, instead of girl's clothes displayed in his room, perfume all over his bedsheets and no shirt left to sleep, he finds himself in the same state as yesterday morning. Minus the horrible headache and the humming coming out of the room.
"What did you do again, Yeol!" he scolds himself, slapping lightly his cheeks. As he is about to get up, the humming stops and is replaced by a sweet voice coming from the other side of the door :
"Coffee incoming! Wake up, sleeping beauty!"
 
Chanyeol's heartbeat races a bit as the mysterious someone enters his room. He gasps loudly when instead of one of the random girl he usually takes home -and he sticks a mental note in his head saying he should seriously stop it- comes up a shortie brunette boy, with mugs in hand and tender smile on his girly features. He's thin and slim, his skin is so fair and looks so smooth, even his hands are so feminine Chanyeol is afraid he could have easily been mistaking him for a girl back in this club, in the dark and a current state of drunkenness. Thinking of what would have certainly happened during the night if the former statement was true, his face goes blank, then red from embarassement.
 
"Y-You... I, did we?.." he stutters, with a dry voice and burning cheeks.
 
The young boy's eyes go round and wide and he blushes slightly, surprised. For a second he looks confused, and Chanyeol's heart beats like a drum in a angry heavy metal song because he thinks he knows what's coming next. 
He expects all but the laugh that bursts out of the other's mouth.
 
"What?! No way man!" he blurts out, "You just nearly passed out yesterday in that club. Lucky I was there. You've mistaken me for your friend, Jonghun or Jongin?.. Dunno, but anyway you wouldn't let me go so I brought you home and since I couldn't leave because I couldn't properly lock your door after, I slept on your couch."
 
Chanyeol looks at him dumbfounded, at a loss of words. He feels both relieved and disappointed. He doesn't know why though.
 
"And I made breakfast." adds the shortie, with an angelic smile.
 
"Wh.. Excuse me, what's your name again?"
 
"Oh right I guess you don't remember!.. My name's Baekhyun. Byun Baekhyun. Nice to meet you. Sober." He chuckles and hands him out a mug that Chanyeol gladly takes.
 
"I'm Park Chanyeol. Sorry for bothering you yesterday... Thanks for sticking with me though. You didn't have to."
 
"Well, it's not like I didn't try to go. But you seemed really messed up and I couldn't let you alone without worrying. Let aside the fact that you clung on me half of the night." 
 
Baekhyun's light laugh is music to his ears and the coffee tastes like heaven. For the first time in months Chanyeol is actually glad to have brought someone over after a club night.
 
"Thank you, really. I don't recall much of last night after my 5th tequila shot... But I do know I'm an annoying when drunk. That's why my friend Jongin won't come with me anymore. That and because I ditch him often to take a girl home." He blushes, a bit ashamed, scratching the back of his head out of embarassement at the confession. "I'm glad it didn't turn out like that this time. Mostly because you cooked breakfast."
 
"The least I can do since I stayed for the night. And I was hungry, too."
Baekhyun smiles.
 
They stay like that for a moment, sipping their coffee in a rather awkward atmosphere now that the conversation has died out. Chanyeol's brain works at full speed to find something interesting to say, but his head still hurts and he can't think of anything aside the big 'daebak' written on Baekhyun's tank top that he finds funny. The latter is not looking at him. He seems lost in contemplation. Minutes passe by and they both still remain silent until Chanyeol's belly rumbles loudly and takes Baekhyun out of his reverie.
 
"How about we go eat and I tell you what happened last night in the club?" offers the brunette with a smirk and a raised eyebrow.
 
"Yeah. I'm hungry." mumbles Chanyeol awkwardly.
 
As they sit behind the counter, Baekhyun places a plate full of pancakes with maple syrup and a glass of orange juice in front on Chanyeol. 
 
"Sorry, I had to delve nearly everywhere in your kitchen to bake these. I might have misplaced some items in the process, hope you don't mind."
 
"How could I?" asks Chanyeol in a playful tone while shoveling a pancake in his mouth, "I've always dreamt of having a lovely wife cooking me breakfast early in the morning~"
 
His humor is back and he's glad ; he didn't want to seem gloomy or awkward to that Byun boy. He always had these confidence issues around new people, the fear to seem not interesting or attracting. And even with that guy who had certainly seen him in his worst state of drunk, he still feels the need to appear funny, cool and casual.
 
"Very funny, Mr. Park. But watch your words before I spread this picture in the whole country! I'm sure it can get viral within a few days..."
Baekhyun snickers as he shows him a photo of himself mock-kissing a weird alien-like sculpture displayed in the street, a pink ribbon tied in his ruffled hair, fluffly feather boa on his shoulders, cheeks flushed and tequila bottle in his hand.
 
Chanyeol's mouth drops at the sight.
 
"HOW D'YOU GET THAT PHOTO??!" he shouts, and tries to take the phone out of the brunette's hand but miserably fails.
Baekhyun laughs like a evil hyena. At least to Chanyeol's ears it sounds like that. 
 
"You asked! I got a bunch of photos and videos you asked me to take!"
 
"DELETE IT!"
 
"No way! That's too much fun! Oh my, look at this one, this is the best so far!.."
 
The video starts with Chanyeol smiling widely to the camera. He's obviously drunk and still got his pink ribbon and feather boa. 
'Are you filming? Jongin-ah, are you?'
He watches with horror himself giggling like an idiot.
'I told you the name's Baekhyun! BAEKHYUN!'
'Are you?Are you?Are you?'
'Yeah. Five, six, sev-'
They see him cut Baekhyun right in the middle of the countdown and start singing Nicki Minaj's Anaconda.
 
"Oh god", whispers Chanyeol, already red from embarassement.
 
On the little screen he sees himself doing a little dance with that, and shouting with a high-pitched voice :
'My anaconda don't
My anaconda don't
My anaconda don't want none unless you got buns, huh!' 
Then he falls on the floor, shaking from too much laughter, and the video stops.
 
"Don't ever refer to me as a girl..." whispers evily Baekhyun while shoving his phone back in his pocket, "Or you might regret it."
 
"Ok, now I regret bringing you here instead of a girl." 
 
Baekhyun laughs once again.
 
*
 
"So there was this man dressed up as a drag-queen who showed up right between us at the bar when I was about to leave, and you started talking nonsense to him."
Recalls Baekhyun, smiling slightly at the memory of Chanyeol babbling incoherent things.
"And it seemed like he liked you because 15 minutes later I saw him giving you his boa and pink ribbon. Then you came to me and said : 'Yah, Jongin-ah. Look at these. I'm so fab now and you aren't.'
I tried to tell you I wasn't Jongin but you kept calling me by his name and you wouldn't let me go. You even dragged me on the dancefloor and so I had to stay 2 hours longer than I previously intended to stay. Then eventually you accepted to come home, but we ended up taking photos and videos of you doing stupid stuff for at least 45 minutes while walking.
I got you home, but you wouldn't let me go and I had to stay with you the whole time until you would sleep. We talked a lot. Well it was more you saying useless things and I telling you to just shut up and take some rest, but it was nice anyway. 
Finally you fell asleep and that's when I realised I couldn't go, because I tried but couldn't lock the door behind me after leaving, and so I took a plaid from your closet and slept on the couch."
 
"Woah. That's so embarassing." Chanyeol states, burying his face in his hands, "I'm really sorry you had to endure all that."
 
"Oh don't worry, that was nothing. And it was pretty fun."
 
The conversation dies out again. They stare at each other for a split second, not knowing what to do, before Chanyeol asks :
"Hum do you... Do you want to take a shower or... Something? It's the least I can offer you since you were so kind to me. You can stay as long as you wish. I mean, for today."
 
"Oh yeah, I'd like to. But I'll better be going after. I have a rehearsal to attend to this afternoon."
 
"Rehearsal?"
 
"I'm acting in a play."
 
"Oh. That sounds cool."
 
"It is."
 
Eventually, the two of them have nothing to add and so Chanyeol leads him to the bathroom and hands him a spare towel and some of his own clothes.
"Oh thank you ; mine smells.." Baekhyun let out a soft chuckle before closing the door behind him.
Chanyeol hears him humming even through the door and he sighs. He can't decide wether he feels comfortable with the other or not ; Baekhyun is really lively and friendly ; he talked with ease but at some moments, he seemed phased out, distracted as if something was bothering him. 
'Whatever', he tells to himself, 'I don't think we'll see each other ever again.'
 
*
 
"Well, it has been fun." 
 
Baekhyun is standing in the doorway, with his jacket and bag, ready to go. The door is already open. Chanyeol's clothes seem oversized regarding Baekhyun's slim body, making him look way younger that he is in reality -and as he thinks that, Chanyeol wonders how old he is, his shirt is too big and the V-neck reveals far too much than it is supposed to do. That's when he spots a reddened mark blooming on Baekhyun's pale skin.
 
"What's that?"
 
Something seems off, but Chanyeol can't quite process what. It's more of a feeling than anything else. As he is about to reveal more of the other's skin, in order to check what is this weird near purple mark landing just under his collarbone, Baekhyun backs off and covers it with the hem of the shirt. 
 
"Bruise. It's just a bruise. It often appears when I scratch a spot too much. My skin's too sensitive." he laughs awkwardly, obviously uneasy.
 
Chanyeol furrows his eyebrows, but says nothing though.
 
"When can I see you again to give you back your clothes?"
 
"Next week? Same day. 4PM in the coffee shop in front of the club we both went yesterday night. Is that alright?"
 
"Yep." 
 
They stand awkwardly in the hall, door still creaked open.
 
"Hm. So. Better be going now. Last night was fun. Thank you. I guess we'll see each other later." Baekhyun finally says, walking towards the elevator. 
 
"Later." Chanyeol replies. "And delete those stupid videos!"
 
Baekhyun lets out a last laugh as the elevator doors close in front of him, getting him out of Chanyeol's sight.
The latter sighs, and then closes his front door.
That's when he realises the building's appartement door's lock themselves automatically.
 
"Oh." he whispers to himself.
 

A/N : Hi there! So, this was supposed to be a one-shot when I first had the idea. And somehow it turned into a chaptered fic. That's why this first chapter is really short. I would have liked to write more but I think this ends well the first part. Anyway, have you already guessed what happened? I hope you don't. I can only tell you it is not what it looks like!

This first chapter doesn't look like what I expected, I must admit. I really sense this lacks of something! I can't determine what though. If you have any idea on how this could be improved, please make yourself known! This hasn't been beta-read and I'd be glad to have some advice :) I'll try my best to make it better for the next chapter, which will be far more interesting and longer, I promise.

Hope this was good anyway!

Until then, lots of love.

PS: the alien on Baekhyun's pics of Chanyeol looks like that! (Its a pic my sister took for me as she was coming home :'D)(She's behind the heart-shaped dude I draw in order to keep her anon!)