I'm with stupid

Kiss and Tell

 

Baekhyun wakes up and all his body is aching. His whole room is ice cold compared to his bed, thus he considers for a moment staying all morning hidden in his blankets before he remembers the rehearsal, and Chanyeol. 

"Neeeeeeeh..", he whines, looking at his clock only to see he must hurry. He gets up with a pout. Kyungsoo is already awake, he can hear him whistling in the living-room, probably eating his breakfast.
 
"Baekhyun-ah! Get up or you'll be late!"
He even comes to knock on his door. What a sweetie.
 
"Coming, coming! Can you make me some coffee please?"
 
"How many sugar cubes?"
 
"None!"
 
On the other side of the door, Kyungsoo frowns. What's gotten into Baekhyun today? He usually takes at least 2 or 3 sugar cubes in his morning coffee.
 
"Really? Why don't you want any today?"
 
"Sugaring coffee is not manly!"
 
"It's common sense you dummy... But well, I hope you'll enjoy our disgusting black coffee." 
 
Baekhyun makes a face even if Kyungsoo can't see him, then he rushes to get changed within a few minutes. 'The only day I don't have the time to choose my clothes properly', he mutters, 'and I have to meet an handsome dummy. At least I'm sure he will never be attracted to me in any way.' 
His heart clentches a bit at the thought, because who would want to look bad in front of a pretty boy ; but he reminds himself that he doesn't want to deal with straight dudes gone gay in night clubs -as he likes to call it- and the disturbing tickling in his stomach soon fades away. Still, he chooses nonetheless carefully his clothes for the rehearsal, for he doesn't want to hear Luhan's comments on how badly he matched the colors.
 
"Baek? Gotta get going or we'll be both late!" Kyungsoo calls him from the living room.
 
Baekhyun burst out of his room, hair ruffled and eyes puffy ; Kyungsoo hands him his coffee, that he swallows in one big gulp.
 
"Hothothothothothothot!", Baekhyun hisses, and his roommate scoffs. "Let's go! They'll kill me if I come late!"
 
"Yah! If you'd woken up earlier we would be out of here by now! Don't push me!"
 
"Sorry Soo but can we go quickly?"
 
"Yeah, yeah, but you'll get punishment later for that."
 
Baekhyun grins sheepishly, mouthing an 'Okay' before shoving Kyungsoo out of the flat and locking the door right behind them.
The ride to the theater is rather quiet, Baekhyun trying to fix his hair, Kyungsoo only opening his mouth to mutter curses to bad drivers, eyes throwing daggers at oblivious pedestrians daring to cross the road whenever they want. They arrive safely despite nearly knocking down 3 people, and Baekhyun gets quickly out of the car just in time to his rehearsal.
 
"Thanks for the ride, Soo! How about we go eat somewhere tonight? My treat."
 
Kyungsoo raises an eyebrow suspiciously, then smirks.
"Why not. But don't expect to be freed from punishment. See ya!"
 
"Kyungsoo-yah!", Baekhyun protests, but his friend just waves him off and immediately leaves. "... Damn it."
 
"The true diva arrives late, huh?", he hears a familiar voice snickering, turning around to face Luhan.
Baekhyun makes him a face but greets him nonetheless ; without of course forgetting to whine about how all of his body and "even muscles I didn't know existed" aches because of football. Then they part, Baekhyun getting ready to be scolded for arriving late, Luhan retrieving in the wings to get the play's costumes ready by next week. Surprisingly Baekhyun doesn't get scolded but praised for his performance the day before ; 'Director-nim must be feeling guilty for telling me all those things yesterday', he guesses with a happy grin, 'such a caring man.'
 
The rehearsal goes well, Baekhyun doing his best to look manly and not be much mannered ; not even wincing although every move he makes is painful. Above all he's very professionnal when it comes to acting ; actually it's the activity he is most fond of, thus he does it with much more serious than the others, wanting to earn a living doing what he enjoys the most doing on earth. Everyone seems happy with the way he acts, and he's so glad, he can't help but smile like an idiot for the rest of the day.
 
"You'll get wrinkles if you keep smiling like that.", Luhan remarks as he passes by, munching a chocolate bar, during a break. "Does it make you that happy to see your prince today?"
 
Baekhyun frowns and grabs his snack to take a bite.
"Haters gonna hate."
 
"Yeah, right.", the Chinese snickers, "By the way when do you two are supposed to meet?"
 
"At 4. And now that I think about it, would you mind giving me a ride there? It's just, like, on the other side of the city."
 
Luhan cringes.
"Sorry Baek, but the only ride I can give you today is a piggyback."
 
They stare at each other for a few minutes before laughing nervously.
 
"You're kidding, right Lulu?.."
 
"I'm afraid not."
 
Baekhyun feels like crying right now. 
 
"Come on, walking there isn't that terrible, is it?.."
 
"I don't think you quite get how my entire being hurts just by standing here in front of you."
 
"God. Diva Baek is back...", Luhan sighs heavily, rolling his eyes in annoyance, "Then why don't you just meet in another place?"
 
"That...", Baekhyun remarks, snapping his fingers, "is a good question. Why?..." His Chinese friend just watches him bluntly as he struggles sheepishly to admit he forgot to take his number. "I don't want to bother him you know... Maybe changing the place would be a pain in the for him..."
 
"Right... Don't waste your breath, I get it. Take the bus then."
 
"You crazy? Do you have any idea of how many germs there are in those-"
 
"You know I love you Baek, but just right now you annoy the out of me, so I'll just take my Twix back and go finish it alone in this corner until break's over.", Luhan pecks Baekhyun on the forehead before waving him off while retreating in the back of the room, "Later buddy!"
 
"I didn't do anything!", the shortie hisses, but his friend is already absorbed by his phone ; probably flirting with dongsaengs as usual.
"I never loved you anyway.", he mutters right after, not liking to be ignored like this.
 
Until the end of the rehearsal, Baekhyun tries to stay offended and mad at Luhan for saying he was a diva whereas he obviously isn't ; but the latter is all smiles and playful winks as he watches him from the wings, and it's painful to admit it but Baekhyun can't resist an adorable Chinese deer when he sees one. Therefore, he finds himself backhugging Luhan as soon as he finds him, nuzzling in the crook of his neck, rubbing his hair right against his cheek.
 
"Take my sweat, towel.", he mumbles, and the vibration on his skin makes Luhan giggles.
 
"Get off me, silly, and let's get going. I can walk you to your date if you want."
 
"It's not a date."
 
"I can walk you to your whatever-this-is then."
 
"No piggyback?.."
 
"Don't push your luck, Byun Baekhyun."
 
 
Several minutes and a bunch of cookies later, the both of them are slowly making their way to the coffee shop downtown where Baekhyun is supposed to meet Chanyeol ; or more accurately, Baekhyun is slowly walking with Luhan bouncing happily alongside, trying to guess how would Chanyeol look like. Of course Baekhyun didn't show him his pictures, those were his little secret.
 
"And then, maybe he would say, -Luhan tries to take a low voice, ending up sounding like a bear- Byun Baekhyun, I like you, let's go on a date!"
 
"No way."
 
"Why would you break his heart like that?.."
 
"I will not break his heart because he does not like me."
 
"That's what you think, cutie. But my heart is all yours."
 
"Would you stop with that voice already?.."
 
"Only if you give me a kiss~ Come on~~"
 
"Back up you squishy Baozi of a man!"
 
Luhan tries to catch him in his embrace, mimicking wet kisses as Baekhyun keeps him away by shoving his palm in his face ; soon they begin to laugh loudly and wrestle right in the middle of the street like children, people starting to stare at them, until a honk catch their attention. They turn around at the same time, to see a luxurious car right next to them, driven by none other than Sehun.
 
"Hi hyung! Want me to drop you somewhere?", he offers with a cheeky grin.
 
"Do you even have your license?", Luhan enquires, narrowing suspiciously his eyes.
 
"Who cares?", Sehun shrugs, "I know how to drive, it's enough."
 
"Well I do!"
"I don't, let's get going."
 
Luhan and Baekhyun look at each other dumbfounded, one with wide scandalized eyes, the other frowning in annoyance.
 
"Come on, Lu, I'm tired!"
 
"No way! This kid gonna kill us!"
 
"Hyung!"
"Luhannie!"
 
Baekhyun tries his puppy eyes and cute pout, Sehun his best disappointed child face, but Luhan just glares at them fiercely.
 
"Oh Sehun, you should be ashamed of your irresponsible behaviour ; and you Byun Baekhyun even more for encouraging this kid into those kind of bad habits and laziness!"
 
The two of them let slip a "Please?" in their most adorable puppy whine.
 
"No. There's no way I will-"
 
Luhan begins scolding again but the youngest mouths a cute 'Oppa please' and its enough to make him surrender.
 
"... Fine! But Sehun's not driving!"
 
He shooes Sehun out of the driver's seat, making him sit in the back like a children. Rather than being offended, Sehun looks quite satisfied with the way things are going, and it leaves Baekhyun puzzled ; he doesn't say anything though. 
 
"Let me get this straight : Baekhyun I'll take you to your date or whatever this is", scowls Luhan without even sparing them a glance, "then I'll take Mr. Oh over here straight home."
 
"Actually hyung, I would've liked to play soccer with you today..." 
 
"... We will see later. Baekhyun where do I have to drop you?"
 
"You know that coffee shop we went often to during the last play's rehearsal? It's right there."
 
"Good. Let's go then."
 
The ride is once again rather quiet, until Sehun asks Luhan to turn up the music ; as the two in the back begin to sing loudly along with the new hit track, the driver tries to remain calm and not yell at them for singing out of tune. 
After a short ride -which seems to take forever in Luhan's mind- they drop Baekhyun right in front of the coffee shop, safe and sound -'which probably wouldn't have happened if Sehun had driven', Luhan friendly reminds.
 
"Thanks! I owe you one Sehun", Baekhyun grins as he slips out of the car, "I guess I'll see you around. Have fun playing soccer you two!" 
 
He sends Luhan a flying kiss, that the latter avoids with a cute frown, and waves at Sehun who is happily making his way to the passenger seat as "right next to my favourite hyung!" can be read all over his face. 
 
"See you hyung!"
 
With a last smile the younger closes the door and Luhan waves him goodbye. Baekhyun enters the coffee shop with a grin and the heart thumping, like a schoolgirl on her first date. As if. 
'Keep it casual Baek. Stop making a fuss of everything.', he reminds himself as he waits for Chanyeol, sipping his Americano.
 
"Sorry I'm late!" 
A low voice reaches his ears and he turns around just in time to find himself face to face with a breathless Chanyeol, cheeks flushed and hair disheveled, mouth slighty parted, panting and a bit sweaty ; in a word -well, in two- hella attractive.
 
He chokes on his coffee.
 
 
*
 
 
"Let's get ."
 
Chanyeol takes his eyes off of his smartphone to shoot a unamused glare at Jongin, who lays comfortably on his couch.
 
"What the hell."
 
"Ever heard of thursdays mate?"
 
"It's saturday already."
 
Jongin lifts his head with a pout.
"Who cares?"
 
They stare at each other.
 
"... Whatever. There's no way in hell I'd like to see you . Ever.", shrugs Chanyeol as he looks back at his smartphone. 
 
"Afraid to get jealous of this divine body?"
 
"More like afraid to get my eyes burnt, you moron."
 
"Haters gonna hate."
 
They fall into silence as Chanyeol seems far to absorbed by his smartphone to even look at his bestfriend. Nosy, the latter gets up quietly to get a sneak peek of his screen, only to see some random guy's Instragram account. 
 
Byun Baekhyun.
 
A smirk slowly takes over his face as he understands.
 
"Nice girlfriend Park."
 
As soon as Chanyeol hear these words, he jumps out of his seat with a loud squeal, nearly knocking Jongin in the process. Said man is looking at him with those narrowed eyes and evil grin, watching in delight his face turning as red as a chili pepper sauce.
 
"That- Hm- Don't you dare saying anything about that Kim!", he scowls, embarassed.
 
Jongin's only reply is an low snigger.
 
"... You wouldn't!"
 
" yes I will!"
And with that, Jongin runs away quickly, slamming the door.
 
"Come back here you little !"
 
It only takes thirty seconds before Jongdae sends him a text.
'I KNEW IT U CANT HIDE ANYTHING FROM THE KIMJONGBROS ESPECIALLY UR CRUSH U NAUGHTY'
 
Then four more.
'HEY I CHECKED HIS IG ACCOUNT HES PRETTY U HAVE GOOD TASTE THATS ONE FINE U GOT THERE WELL DONE PARK CHANYEOL'
 
'MATE CAN I BE UR WINGMAN FROM NOW ON I CAN HELP U WITH DIS GUY'
 
'AND TELL JUNMA BOUT IT HELL BE SO GLAD HE COULD EVEN TREAT US ON DINNER SO PLS TELL HIM DONT SCREW IT KAY IM BROKE I NEED DIS FREE DINNER'
 
'PROMISE ME MATE'
 
 
After nearly a hundred messages from all of his friends, Chanyeol decides to turn his phone off. It's nearly 2PM when he settles on having lunch, just before his sister burst into his living room, scaring the out of him.
 
"Jongin told me everything.", she breathes between two pants, having obviously been running.
 
"What's that?! I nearly had a heart attack!"
 
"You need to tell mom and dad ASAP."
 
"Tell them about what?"
 
Yura glares at him with wide-eyes, as if saying 'you know exactly what I'm talking about Park Chanyeol', but he still doesn't understand and glares back with a confused look on his face.
 
"... You really don't get where I am going, do you?"
 
"I don't."
 
"... Yeol, baby, you wouldn't hide it from me, would you? You know it's important for us to know these kind of thing..."
 
"... What exactly did Jongin tell you?"
 
He watches with anxiety his sister retrieving her phone to look at Jongin's text messages, feeling himself growing nervous.
 
'Hi noona just wanted to keep you informed I think Chanyeol has kind of a crush... On a boy he met, actually. Thought you could maybe help him about it, he seems very fond of him and the kid has a good face.'
 
'And pls noona dont overreact'
 
"You overreacted.", Chanyeol remarks after a silence, "and it's not a crush, simply a raise of interest."
 
Yura stares at him expressionless, 'I don't believe you' written in gold letters all over her face.
 
"... Anyway this ain't mom's or dad's business! Why would I tell them?"
 
"They should at least know if their son is gay!"
 
"But I'm not!.."
 
He tries to argue but his sister just waves him off, rolling her eyes in annoyance.
"Fine, fine, I get it. I'll leave you alone."
 
She sighs and runs her hand through her hair, suddenly seeming small and tired in Chanyeol's eyes.
"I have to work anyway, better be going soon."
 
"Are you hungry?", Chanyeol enquires, "you could stay over for lunch."
 
"It's 2PM already, Yeol-ah!", she laughs half heartedly, "but I would gladly watch you eat, if you allow me to stay a bit. It's been a while since we didn't do anything together."
 
"Let's watch a movie!"
 
Chanyeol bounces happily to his TV, as Yura takes a seat on his couch, and soon he forgets that in less than 2 hours, Baekhyun will be waiting for him. 
 
 
"Don't tell me you were about to cry, Yeol-ah..."
 
"Excuse you, I'm a sensible man!"
 
"Come on, it wasn't even that sad..."
 
"Speak for yourself! Heartless woman!"
 
"Yeah, yeah, I'm horrible", Yura giggles softly, ruffling Chanyeol's hair.
 
The latter wipes off his watery eyes, enjoying the feeling of someone's fingers entangled in his curls ; Baekhyun slender fingers must feel like Yura's, he guesses, and for a second he closes his eyes, imagining the shortie boy right next to him, playing with his strands absently. That wouldn't be quite unpleasant. 
 
"It's 4PM already... I really should be going Yeol-baby."
 
That's when Chanyeol remembers. 
 
Baekhyun.
 
Coffeshop.
 
'Date'.
 
"SHOOT!", he exclaims, getting up all of a sudden, surprising his sister.
 
"What? What's the matter?", she enquires quite worried.
 
"Er.. I was supposed to meet a friend at 4PM actually... In a coffee shop downtown..."
 
"Oh... Let me drive you there then!"
Yura immediately grabs his arm to drag him out of the appartement.
"Quick, Yeol-ah! You wouldn't make him wait, would you?... Meet me downstairs, I'll get my motorcycle ready!"
With that, she vanishes from Chanyeol's house.
 
"Wait, motorcycle?!"
 
 
Oh how Chanyeol hates Yura's motorcycle. 
 
The thing is -seriously- his worst nightmare. As he grips tightly Yura's waist as if his life depended on it -and it did, actually- he swears on all the things on earth he likes that never, oh never again he'd be so late, if that meant he had to ride this engine coming straight from hell.
 
"Not so fast! NOT SO FAST!"
 
"Be there in less than 2 minutes Yeol-baby! Hold on!"
 
"Oh god..." 
 
In the blink of an eye Chanyeol sees all his life playing in his head, like an old movie ; his mom playing hide and seek with him, Jongin giving him a lollipop during recess, entering high school with the KimJongBros, Yura's graduation, his own, his dad wanting to accompagny him to his first college course, late drink nights, soft girls' skin, Baekhyun delighted laugh...
 
"Here we are! Wasn't that terrible, was it?"
 
He's surprised to find himself safe, and in one piece, rather than dead under some random guy's car. 
He glances at his watch.
16:12
He's not even that late.
 
"Thank you Yura-jagi", he breathes as he places a peck on his sister's cheek. 
 
"Homies help homies, mate", she chuckles, in a low voice that sounds weirdly like his own.
 
"I'll call you!"
 
"Whenever, Yeol-ah."
 
She sends him a flying kiss that he gladly receives, then goes as fast as she arrived.
Behind him, Baekhyun's quietly sipping his coffee inside the calm little shop, eyes glued to some papers. Chanyeol turns around, and takes a moment to study the other's features. Not too long, though, and after several seconds he rushes into the coffee shop, still a bit breathless.
 
"Sorry I'm late!"
 
Baekhyun turns around to face him, lips still glued to the side of his cup, looking so cute Chanyeol just wants to pinch his soft cheeks and coo like an old lady.
 
Until he chokes on his coffee.
 
"You alright?", he enquires slighty worried, but mostly amused.
 
"Ye-yeah, yeah, um- I'm fine."
 
Chanyeol offers him a wide grin.
"I'm just gonna order something, do you mind waiting a little bit more?" 
 
"Oh- uh, of course not, go ahead."
 
"Great. I'll be back right after."
 
 
When he comes back a little while later, Baekhyun is frowning at his phone, obviously displeased with whatever he is dealing with, and Chanyeol feels himself growing to like the scrunched nose and slight pout. If only he could see it everyday.
'I need to befriend him.', he decides, as he takes a seat in front of the brunette.
 
Said brunette lifts his head as soon as he hears the chair scrape on the floor, and shoves back his phone in his pocket with a small smile.
"So... Feeling better?"
 
"Oh so much better than last week, thank you. You?"
 
"Fine! I'm fine. I-uh I got your clothes. Washed and ironed. Hope you didn't miss them too much."
Baekhyun gives him a neat paper bag with his clothes perfectly folded inside, along with an eye-smile.
 
"Oh, um, you didn't have to... But thanks though."
 
"It's nothing, really."
 
They both drink a gulp of their drink, having nothing more to add. Chanyeol finds him unbearable, and attempts to small-talk at least.
 
"I saw you on a poster the other day. For your play."
'And I ripped it off the wall to keep it to myself.'
 
"Oh my, you did?.. Director's idea... He says it will come out just fine, but I find it awful... God I was so embarrassed during the photoshoot... I'm so sorry you had to face that thing."
Baekhyun blushes, covering his face into his palms, and it's simply the cutest thing ever.
 
"Come on, it wasn't that horrible! In fact I found you very... Very...", Chanyeol searches his words as Baekhyun eyes him not quite convinced, "... Uuuhhh.. Charming!"
 
"Charming."
 
"Uh-huh."
 
"Charming."
 
"... I meant it in a manly way! Like a-uh, a charming... Prince... No! Um- a charming Wushu master!"
 
"A charming Wushu master."
 
"I-uh.. Wait- I can't find- It's like both charming and manly y'know? Like... Charisma... And wildness... You... See?..."
 
Silence.
 
"You know what, uh, forget it ; you look fine. Fine is good.", Chanyeol finishes, face and ears entirely red by now. 
 
"Well I'm flattered," Baekhyun chuckles, "thank you, Chanyeol."
 
"Your welcome. It's just the truth."
 
They sink once again in silence, a comfortable one this time. Baekhyun sip calmly his coffee, lost in his thoughts, allowing Chanyeol to study once again his features. 
His face is still as delicate as he remembers from the last time, the only change being his coffee stained lips ; one look at his neck and he can confirm the mark wasn't a bruise. Bruises don't disappear after only a week. Hickeys do.
'Calm down Yeol.', he says to himself. 'He might just have a boyfriend, and you've been wrong all along.'
But he knows it's highly unlikely ; who would go in a club in a nightclub alone if not single?
 
 
"I wondered... What do you study?"
Chanyeol's low voice breaks the silence, and Baekhyun interrupts his train of thoughts to focus again on him.
 
"Hm? Oh, I don't go to college. I act in plays for a living. Well, actually I'd like to be an actor ; but at the moment I'm just a comedian. And you? What do you study?"
 
"Chemistry. I want to work in scientific research."
 
"Sounds really interesting! So do you work in labs yet or?"
 
"I do sometimes. But we mostly work theory this year."
 
Baekhyun tries to imagine in a smock and glasses, concentrated on a random mixture, and the thought pleases him a little more than it should. 'Quit messing around brain.', he scolds himself mentally, 'you aren't getting any from this man.' 
He hears Chanyeol babbling about his studies, how chemistry is a vast field for research, their little war with the physics majors, but doesn't listen to a single thing for all of him is focused on the other's plumped lips moving hastily, his adam apple bobbing up and down with each of his words, the sly collarbones peeking from under his shirt, or even his guns he can't help but wanting to palm. The memory of the other night is still haunting him, the ghost of those lips, skin, fingers on him keeping him company during his late-night fantasies, and he feels the urge to quickly go before doing something he might regret. 
 
"... So, we all had to clean up the mess we made, but it ended up anyway in a battle. Of course we Chemistry Majors won, and as agreed at the beginning of the duel, they had to clean all up as we watched them. Revenge couldn't have been sweeter."
He gets his attention back to Chanyeol just in time to hear the end of his story.
 
"Well... Life in college sounds pretty funny."
 
"It is! To be honest, I love studying there. If I could, I would like to stay in college all my life."
 
"That's a weird ambition you got there."
 
"One can dream..." 
 
They both laugh lightly, before Baekhyun gets out his phone to check the time. 
"Oh, I'm sorry but I must leave you Chanyeol", he lies, "I promised my roommate we would hang out in town this evening and he must be waiting for me right now."
 
"Oh, uh, right. Hope you'll have fun."
 
"Thanks. It's been fun to see you today. Good luck with your studies and I promise your Physics Majors won't ever catch a glimpse of the classed files I got in there!", he jokes, pointing to his phone. "Bye!"
 
With that, he practicly runs out of the coffee shop, and hastily enters the first bus he sees.
'One more thing I won't have to deal with anymore.', he reassures himself. 'Lucky he didn't ask for my number.'
He casts a last glance to Chanyeol, who is cutely waving at him, and his heart melts a bit.
'Life is an unfair .', he huffs.
 
He wishes one day he could meet him again, but this time out of his goddamn closet.
 
 
*
 
 
"On a scale from one to ten, how stupid do you think you are?"
 
He stares at Kyungsoo with knitted eyebrows.
"I'm sharing with you my life struggles and all that you have to say is 'how stupid do you think you are'?!... Soo, I sense something went terribly wrong in our friendship."
 
"Answer me."
 
"... Alright. I'll be humble and say -5."
 
"Baek."
 
"... Do Kyungsoo don't you dare giving me the glare."
 
"I don't."
 
"Hell you do! What's the problem? What could I've had possibly done wrong?!"
 
Baekhyun watches with a frown Kyungsoo pinching the bridge of his nose, sighing in annoyance.
"Mind to recall me how long it's been since someone actually caught your interest?"
 
"... How am I supposed to know? D'you think I counted months?"
 
Kyungsoo rolls his eyes so hard they might disappear in the back of his skull.
"Anyway.", he scoffs, "I can tell you it's been a while. Now you're telling me you are attracted to someone -and not just because of your high state of drunkenness in a club- but you miserably escaped your meet-up because of your 'I don't do closet cases' bull? Seriously?.. Without even trying to do anything to solve that!"
 
"This ain't bull! Remember that guy in senior year? I know you do. Woke up one morning and realised he liked me, he said. Shouldn't have believed him."
 
"Come on, Baek, this was just one time. Half of the gay men you met just started off straight."
 
"Maybe. But this one is like, still a hundred percent in the closet. It's like the man is hiding in there."
 
"So? You could've at least befriend him."
 
"Too late."
 
They stare at each other, both frowning, before Baekhyun leans closer to place a hand on Kyungsoo's, intertwining their fingers.
"Come on, Soo. Let's forget it. I promise I'll do better next time."
 
"... That's really worth double punishment."
 
 "What?! No way!"
 
Kyungsoo offers him a cheeky grin, nibling on his straw, and Baekhyun is sure as hell Satan just looks like him.
"Yes way, Baekhyun dear. Someone offered me quite a good deal today. Monday morning you're coming with me to college."
 
"Oh please Soo! Not that!..."
 
"Don't worry, I know the guy. He's kind, and quite handsome."
 
The magic word leaves Baekhyun speechless for several seconds.
"Fine. But it's the last time!"
 
"Whatever you say."
 
Kyungsoo smirks evily. 
 
Back in business.
 
 
*
 
 
After seeing Baekhyun disappear in the crowded bus and waving him a last time goodbye, Chanyeol bangs harshly his head on the table. He earns many curious gazes from other customers, but he couldn't care less.
"Stupid, stupid, stupid."
 
"You alright?", a man's voice enquires from above.
 
He immediately lifts his head, ears a bit red due to his embarass, to face the stranger.
"Uh, yeah, I'm fine, thank you."
 
"You don't really seem like it.", the young man remarks with a sorry smile.
 
On other days, Chanyeol would surely have just shrugged and said that all was fine before going home to complain to his sister ; but the stranger looks so eager to help him, he thinks he might could use that help.
"Well- I'm just... Having relationships troubles. Nothing big, really, but it bothers me a bit."
 
"I see. Hum, ok, it's a bit weird but... Want to talk about it? I, uh, I work here and I saw you around for quite a while. You probably don't know me but I know you. Jongdae often talks about you, saying we should meet and all. So, uh, if you need any... Help... Maybe I could?"
 
Chanyeol's eyes go as round and wide as two saucers. 
"Jongdae? You mean Jongdae as in Kim Jongdae?"
 
"Yes. The 'one and only', as he says so himself."
 
"Definitely him. God. I- uh, it's nice to meet you. I'm Park Chanyeol."
 
"I know", the young man chuckles, "I'm Kim Minseok, really nice meeting you too."
 
"So... Uh, wanna hang out then? I'm curious to get to know Jongdae's secret friend."
 
"Sure. My shift ends soon. Mind waiting for me a little bit?"
 
"No problem."
 
"Great. I guarantee you I'll cheer you up a bit in place of Jongdae!"
 
Minseok gives him a friendly smile before going back behind the counter. As soon as he disappear in the back of the shop, Chanyeol texts Jongdae.
 
'WHAT THE HELL MATE'
 
'Whut?'
 
'I just met one of your friends the coffeeshop?? He said you talked to him about me???'
 
'Who dat?'
'Oh wait'
'Minseok right?'
 
'YES'
'Care to explain yourself Kim Jongdae???'
 
'Whut? Hes nice
I was actually thinking of making you meet him, with Jongin as well'
'Just'
'Don't fancy him 'k?'
 
'Why would I? I'm straight. But why shouldn't I?'
 
'Straight, my .'
'I'll tell you later.'
'Or maybe never lol'
 
'Get lost'
 
'Ily too my Channie'
'Have fun with Minseok'
'Not in a naughty way ofc'
 
The conversation leaves Chanyeol puzzled, but he just shrugs and go back to his former activity consisting in sipping his coffee while blaming himself for letting Baekhyun go without asking for his number.
After a little while, Minseok comes back to him with his bag and coat, ready to leave.
 
"Want to go somewhere?", he asks with a cheeky grin.
 
"Why not? Whatever suits you."
 
"Let's go to the park."
 
They leave the coffee shop together, and on the way to the park, small-talk a bit. Thus Chanyeol learns Minseok is a litterature major who works part-time as a barista and as a soccer trainer for kids, likes to go to exhibitions in his free time and often works for charity ; soon he wonders how the hell Jongdae managed to hang out with such a kind guy whereas all that he seems to be able to do is trolling to no end or dancing in an unfashionable way, when not invading other people's house or personnal space. Minseok is thoughtful and comfortable to be around, and Chanyeol finds himself talking about Baekhyun before they even arrive to the park.
 
"- and I had recently this weird 'obsession' about him ; I mean, I'm not interested in him in a romantic way but he... He fascinates me."
 
"Sounds like a crush to me."
 
"It sounds like it ; but it isn't. I'm not interested in boys."
 
Minseok nods slowly, lost in his thoughts.
"Weeeell... Guess you'll have to see what will happen! You never know how things could go. Maybe it'll fade away, maybe not. You might discover things about yourself. I did."
 
"You did?... You mean like..?"
 
"Like, I have a boyfriend now. Started off as a huge crush, really, and we were both certain to be straight. I don't even consider myself as gay right now. I'm not interested in boys, just in him."
 
"I see. It's... A bit puzzling, but I understand."
 
"Take time to think about it. But don't stress yourself out. It's alright to be lost, you're young after all. When I was your age, I-"
 
"Wait, how old are you?.."
 
"24 this year."
 
"What? How come you're friends with Jongdae the most childlish human being on earth?.."
 
Minseok chuckles a bit, but Chanyeol doesn't see the blush crepting on his cheeks as he smiles a bit dreamily.
"I don't know. I find it endearing."
 
"Endearing?"
 
"Yeah. I didn't realised before him, but I like dating younger people."
 
They stay silent for a bit, Chanyeol processing the information.
 
It hits him like a truck on the highway.
 
"You're dating Jongdae???", he nearly shouts.
 
Minseok's face goes all red.
"I-uh wasn't supposed to say it.", he mumbles sheepishly.
 
Chanyeol's mouth don't seem to be closing anytime soon, as he grabs firmly Minseok's shoulder, still under the shock. For a moment, he is at a loss of words, opening then closing his mouth without a sound.
 
"I'm really sorry Minseok but right now I have to break into Jongdae's house and wreck him for not telling us so far. I promise I won't bruise him too much. It's been nice hanging out with you, let's do it some other day. I'll see you around!", he finally blurts out hastily, before running away.
 
 
*
 
 
"KIM JONGDAE YOU MISERABLE EXCUSE OF A MAN C'M'HERE!"
 
"DON'T DO SOMETHING YOU'LL REGRET MATE! JUST STAY WHERE YOU ARE! RIGHT WERE YOU ARE!"
 
Jongin comes back from his dance practice to Jongdae standing on the couch, shielding himself with a pillow, threatened by none other than Chanyeol, water gun in hand ; but he's far too tired to give even one single about it. He throws on the floor his bag and remove hastily shoes and coat, not sparing them a second glance, and heads straight to the bathroom until a sentence catch his attention.
 
"A ING BOYFRIEND AND YOU DIDN'T TELL US ANYTHING??"
 
"BOYFRIEND?", he gasps, nearly choking on his own saliva.
 
Jongdae turns to him, a truly sorry look on his features.
"I've been meaning to tell you some other day! I swear!"
 
"I thought we were mates...", Jongin breathes in a dramatical whisper.
 
"I'm so sorry guys! I'll do anything for your forgiveness!..."
 
He pauses.
 
"... Well, not exactly anything but-"
 
Before he can finish his sentence, Chanyeol and Jongin are around him, hugging him and rubbing their disgusting faces on his cheeks.
"Congratulations, mate.", they coo, all honeyed and sweet, grinning widely.
 
"... Thanks."
 
Jongdae takes them in his embrace, feeling glad and relieved. How he loves his friends.
 
 
 
 
"You're treating us dinner next KimJongBros night."
 
 
He should've guessed.
 
 

A/N: Hey guys! I. Am. Finally. Back!

Hope you didn't miss me to much hehe. Kidding, ofc you didn't.

So, I hope this chapter satisfies you? It's really long as hell, and I had to split it! I wanted to add so much stuff!!! But I prefered to update earlier. Sorry for the wait ~

Anyway, things are gonna get more and more interesting from now on! I might (read: will) add side pairings bc yeah I got lots of feels lately and I have to! XiuChen came out woah I hope you'll give these two a lot of love in this fic! BaekYeol's still struggling but that wouldn't be fun otherwise, would it? (No it wouldn't.)

I want to thank again people who read, upvote, subscribe, comment this story ; it means a lot to me and give me a lot of strength! Lots of love on all of you, let me hug every single one of you virtually.

Look forward to the next chapter! It'll be lots awesome, I guarantee you (creepy!Yeol incoming, I wanted to add it in this chapter but couldn't, sob sob)

Until then, take care (bc its freezing out there I tell you)

XOXO.