Daydreams and Dates

Kiss and Tell

 

Days fly by and Chanyeol finds himself looking forward to see Baekhyun again. He doesn't know why though. He's quite disturbed by the other's look, but above all he is curious. It's the first time he's ever been attracted to a boy and that both thrills and excites him : it's new and unknown, and Chanyeol loves the feeling of discoveries.
What's interesting to him is that he's sure he's not gay -as soon as he tried to imagine doing things with a boy, like Jongin for example, he had a mental breakdown right away- yet he can't get Baekhyun and his charming girly face out of his head. 
He's curious to see where this new interest would lead him, even if he's sure it will fade away eventually. It always had faded away. Anyway, Chanyeol can't help but wonder.
'Maybe we can be friends. I wonder how feminine his face can get. Maybe with make up...' He smirks, imagining Baekhyun with eyeliner and fake eyelashes.
 
"What's with this smile?... Yeol, you're creeping me out man."
Jongin's low voice interrupts his daydreaming.
 
"Hm? Oh I was just thinking..."
 
Jongin snorts. "A girl?"
 
"Sort of..." Chanyeol shrugs, with a sheepish smile.
 
"... That boy again? Man, you're obsessed."
 
"I'm not! I'm only curious. It's nothing serious though. I'm still 100% straight." 
 
"... You don't say."
 
Offended by his sarcarstic tone, Chanyeol frowns and cross his arms.
 
"I was just thinking about dumping you and making him my new bestfriend.", he mutters under his breath.
 
"Oh I see where this is going! Friends with benefits huh? But you know I am willing to do anything to you my Yeol-baby." Jongin cooes with a disgusting 'y' wink and Chanyeol wants to smack this horrible smirking face with a book.
 
"I hate you Kim Jongin."
 
 
*
 
 
"You've all done a great job. Take some rest ; we'll rehearse again tomorrow and that would be it for this week." 
 
They all sigh with relief and begin chatting while taking their belongings in order to go. Baekhyun never been so exhausted after a rehearsal ; he played with all his guts to show the director he was again on fire and ready to give it all on stage.
 
"Baekhyun?", the director calls him, "Can you come here for a sec?"
 
The brunette nods and smiles a little, although he fears the worst. "Yes?"
 
"I'm glad you're feeling better than last time, your acting skills have improved ; but I sense this still lacks of something."
 
"What is it?"
 
"Well... Don't take this the wrong way but, I think it's more about how you look than about how you act. You're too feminine Baekhyun. I am not telling you that you should change your body, it's up to you, but you should see how you behave : you have manners, you walk and stand like a girl. For this role I need you to be more manly."
 
'Wow. This is harsh.' Baekhyun thinks, and that hurts him more than it should.
"I'll do my best." He manages to say with a dry voice.
 
The director shots him a sorry look, seeing the disappointed frown on his face.
"I didn't mean to be rude to you or anything, Baekhyun. That's something you'll have to work on on other roles as well."
 
"Yes, thank you. I'll work on it for the next rehearsal."
He bows slightly then rushes out of the stage, red from frustration and embarassement.
 
When he arrives in the wings, he goes directly in the 'Relax Room' and buries his face in one of the pillow to soften his frustrated cry. Luhan hears him anyway ; they're nearly alone now, everybody's gone or is on their way out. He doesn't say anything though. He knows he has to wait for Baekhyun to begin talking to him about his troubles in order to know what's going on.
 
"Luhan" Baekhyun calls him from the bottom of the room after a while. "How do I become manly?"
 
The Chinese boy stops his sewing and looks at him dumbfounded and a little bit amused. "What's that question?"
 
"This guy the other night... He said I looked like a girl! And so did the director! I don't want people to think I am feminine! I want to be manly like you!"
 
"And what makes you think I am? People think I look like a cute deer."
Luhan frowns.
 
"That's because you're both pretty and manly! Look at you! You sew, you wear skinny jeans and yet when you play football or when you act you look so manly! I want to be like that too!"
 
"What, you want to play football?.." 
He stares at him with disbelief.
 
"... You really are a cute clueless deer." Baekhyun sighs with a small smile, "But if that makes me manly, I'm willing to do it."
 
"Well, I planned a game this evening, want to join us?"
 
"Count me in."
 
 
Baekhyun couldn't have regretted this more than anything. Luhan runs and runs everywhere like, well, a ing deer. On drugs. Or maybe a horse ; Baekhyun doesn't know anything anymore. He feels like passing out right in the middle of the game. 'Whoever the hell thought the game should last 90 minutes shall burn in hell for eternity' he curses in between two pants. 'And these dongsaeng that don't feel the tiredness... Screw them!' he adds while throwing a dark glance at the team maknae, Oh Sehun, who moves like a cheetah on the field.
 
"HALF TIME!" shouts finally Luhan, after 45 minutes of pure hell. Baekhyun couldn't be more relieved.
 
"I feel like dying..." he moans as he lets himself fall to the ground.
 
"Get up, Baek, go get a drink! Walk a bit and stretch or you'll have aches tomorrow!" Luhan calls him out, from the other side of the field.
 
"LET ME DIE ALONE!.." 
 
"Come on hyung, you will regret it tomorrow if you stay here." says a low voice from above. Sehun is standing near him, all sweaty and wasted and 'damn, even this kid looks manlier than I do.'
 
"Okay okay, I get it... "
He gets up painfully and gladly grabs the water bottle Sehun hands him. "Thanks kiddo."
 
"You sound like an ahjusshi."
 
"Shut it or I'll wreck your neck."
 
"Sorry hyung."
 
Baekhyun smirks and starts drinking. The water tastes like heaven after playing for so long.
 
"So, Baek, how's football? Do you like it?" Luhan asks as soon as they arrive towards him.
 
"I feel like passing out, but it's fine. I guess I'll like it once I regain stamina."
 
"Want to play with us from now on? We come here twice a week, and I'm here nearly every evening to train myself."
 
"Sounds nice."
 
"Manly enough for you?"
 
"Oh shut up Xiao Lu."
 
"That's it. Go back on the field, Byun, 20 push-ups for speaking informally."
 
"What?! Seriously?"
 
"You're the queen on the stage. I'm the king on the field." 
 
Luhan winks, and Baekhyun frowns. Now he's sure there ain't no Cerberus guarding hell, but a 5' 10" tall evil deer instead.
 
 
*
 
 
"Hyung, let's go shopping!" Is the first thing Chanyeol hears when he picks up his phone.
 
"Well, hello to you too Tao. How come you want to go shopping with me for once?"
 
"... Kris-hyung says he's too busy. And Jummyeon-hyung is working till evening. But you are free, hyung! Besides, Jongin told me you've got a date tomorrow ; don't you want to get pretty clothes?"
 
"I guess you assumed I haven't any work to do?.."
 
"You never do your homework hyung."
 
"... What if I decided to do it today, for once?"
 
He hears a sad puppy whine.
 
"Please, hyung! There's this awesome coat I spotted not so long ago, and it might be bought soon!"
 
Chanyeol remains silent, wanting to torture a bit his dongsaeng.
 
"... Hyuuung! If not for me, do it for your date!"
 
That's when the word hits him. Date.
 
"What date are you talking about?"
 
"Oh come on, hyung, you can tell me! But anyway, Jongin told me already. He said you have a date with someone you met last week~ I have to say, well done hyung! It's been a while since you haven't dated anyone~"
 
"It's been only three weeks! And this is not a date! At all!"
 
"Really? But Jongin said-"
 
"He won't say anything anymore cause I'm gonna kill this kid."
 
"... Will you still go shopping with me though?"
 
Chanyeol hungs up without replying, gets up abruptly from his seat, then stumbles out of the empty classroom he was working in (or more likely sleeping in) and go straight to the library to find Jongin. The latter is obliviously writing the end of his essay due to tomorrow as Chanyeol slam his hands on his table -rather quietly though, he doesn't want to be yelled at by the librarian- and begins to threaten him. With signs. Ensues a long, intense and quiet argument no one in the library seems to understand but them.
 
Eventually they settle on finishing this discussion later, so that Jongin can finish his essay and Chanyeol backs up with eyes throwing daggers at his bestfriend.
"We're not done yet, Kim." he mouths.
Jongin waves him off with a cheeky grin and sends him a kiss. Chanyeol offers him his best digusted face as he pretends to throw the flying kiss away ; oh, how Chanyeol hates Jongin.
 
As he makes his way out of the campus, he spots a poster with a familiar face on it. 
'Oh my, he really does act in a play.' Chanyeol remembers as he come closer and recognises Baekhyun. This Baekhyun isn't the shortie he saw a few days ago, though. This one was slim and delicate like a girl, whereas the one's who is looking at him is wild and manly. Chanyeol never thought he could find any man wearing eyeliner attractive, and yet it makes Baekhyun's eyes so fierce and his stare is so intense, he thinks he could melt right in the spot. The photo only includes his head and shoulders, but Chanyeol can see the creamy skin and sly collarbones and that's enough, and this whole poster just screams at him : 'TAKE ME'. So he does it. He checks quickly, there's nobody around, and so he tears the poster out of the wall and runs home, clutching tightly Baekhyun's printed face in his hand.
 
 
"What the hell did you do Park Chanyeol?! What were you thinking?! Did you even think??!"
 
Scolding himself out loud as usual, going round and round in his living room, Chanyeol just feels like burying himself six feet underneath. His cheeks burns from to much slaps he's given himself ; he can't believe he has done this. He feels like he's some sort of creepy guy, who steals pictures of young girls and fantasies about it alone in his dirty room.
 
"NONONONONONO!" he shouts, tearing out his curly hair. "This can't be happening! This isn't happening!"
 
But Baekhyun's face on that paper says otherwise. The brunette watches him with those eyes, those eyes that burn him and leave him feverish. 
 
"Stop staring at me!"
 
He ripps off the poster out of frustration. Soon scraps of Baekhyun's features are all over his living-room rug. Chanyeol lets himself fall on the floor and lies there like a starfish on a rock. " it." He grunts. He tries to calm down and closes his eyes. 
Now he regrets tearing this poster apart.
 
"Ahhhhhhw maaaaaaan..." he moans, as he rolls like an helpless caterpillar on the floor. "That's ed up. Life is ed up."
 
Eventually Chanyeol falls asleep on the floor. Since he's young he gained the habit of falling asleep whenever he lies down and closes his eyes.
Soon his dreams are full of soft skin against his, slender fingers his hair lightly, faded memories of a sweet voice singing and forehead kisses ; oh how Chanyeol loves the feeling. 'You won't remember anything anyway' says the sweet voice above him. He can't see the owner's face but he tries to reach it, to cup it with his hands even though he isn't able to move anything.
'I will! I promise, I will!' he nearly shouts, frustrated, 'just let me see you...'
 
And Baekhyun's light laugh is the only reply he gets.
 
 
*
 
 
"Hyung you got a bruise here." Sehun blurts out, before poking the purple mark near Baekhyun's collarbone, "Does it hurt?"
 
"Sorry to disappoint you, but no. Because this is not a bruise."
 
"Too bad. What is it then?"
 
"Something to your soul out of your body."
 
Sehun laughs half-heartedly.
"I'll be going then hyung. See you around!" He waves him off and goes out of the changing room.
 
"So what is it?" Luhan's voice surprises him from behind.
 
Baekhyun turns around and smiles sheepishly.
"Hickey." he confesses in a whisper.
 
"... Was it the guy?"
 
"What guy?"
 
Luhan rolls his eyes.
"The guy."
 
"Oh. Well. Yeah."
 
"Naughty boy."
 
Baekhyun smacks his arm playfully.
"I didn't ask for it!... I even got scolded by the makeup noona!.. I was glad it wasn't the premiere this week when I saw it..."
 
"Yeaaaaaah... Tell me that again after tomorrow~" Luhan snickers.
 
Baekhyun frowns, not quite seeing where Luhan's getting at. Then he suddenly remembers that he's supposed to see Chanyeol the following day.
 
"Yah! I told you I'm not interested!"
 
But Luhan doesn't stop grinning like an idiot and makes wet smootches sounds that are truly upsetting and Baekhyun can't take it.
 
"C'mere you!"
 
They start wrestling like children, laughing along and tickling each other ; soon Baekhyun forgets all about his troubles, the play, or the aches he feels in his legs.
Eventually they both end up lying on the cold floor, covered in sweat, still laughing hysterically. 
 
"Oh my, I really don't have my youth's stamina anymore..."
 
"Heh, Byun-Ajusshi is back." 
 
Baekhyun smacks him again, weakly.
 
 
 
"Kyungsoo-yah~ I'm home!"
 
"It's late! Where have you been?"
His roomate greets him, spatula in hand and totoro apron on. 
 
"Playing football with Luhan, mommy-Soo~" Baekhyun grins teasingly, "What's for dinner?"
 
"I didn't know what to do ; so I cooked the usual."
 
"Kimchi spaghetti? My Soo is daebak~" 
 
Kyungsoo rolls his eyes in disbelief. 'This friend...'
 
"Yeah, yeah, go have a shower rather than flattering me!"
 
Baekhyun chuckles and his owl-eyed friend smacks his when he passes by with a tiny smile before retiring in the kitchen. They're both humming the same song as Baekhyun enters in the bathroom and Kyungsoo cooks kimchi ; a silly melody they composed together on a late summer night, that they call the Soo-song. 
 
"Ohhhh~ Soo~ I'm feeling soooo~ tireeeeed~"
 
"Ohhh no~ don't be so sad! Soon there will be -oh- kimchi cooked with spaghettoooo~" 
 
"Spaghetto? Omooooo~"
 
"If you're feeling so-sooo~ Tonight watch a film with your Soo~"
 
"ROMANTIC COMEDY!"
 
"... Hey Baek you ruined everything!"
 
They laugh together. Tradition in the Byun-Do flat is to sing-along when one another sings in the shower. Often it just ends up with the two of them blurting random lyrics about the weather, how their day went and other pointless things. Baekhyun likes it ; he likes it even more now that he recalls Chanyeol doing the exact same thing when he got drunk that night. Somehow the memory of his stupid face inspires him tenderness.
He brushes the tip of his fingers on the hickey that had faded away day by day and he blushes. He remembers very clearly how Chanyeol was down on him, leaving light kisses all over his skin ; the way he looked, hypnotised by his features ; his burning skin and fiery eyes. The memory sends shivers down his spine.
 
"Calm down Baekkie." he tells himself, turning the knob to pour cold water on his body, "This won't be happening again. He's ing straight."
 
A voice in his head whines. 'Too bad. He was a good kisser.'
 
 
*
 
 
Jongin's foot poking his stomach wakes Chanyeol up. 
 
"WHAT THE HELL KIM?!" He shouts, jolting up.
 
He hears Jongdae's laugh in the background coming along with Jongin's. They're both standing in his living-room, and Chanyeol looks at them dumbfounded.
 
"How d'you two got here?" he blurts out in disbelief.
 
"Front door was open." shrugs his bestfriend with a stupid grin that Chanyeol just wants to ripp off his face.
 
"Gosh, you could've at least called me beforehand to tell me you wanted to come over!"
 
"Come on, Channie, there's no need to call before Kim Jong Bro's night!" 
 
"Tonight? Seriously?"
 
Jongdae nods and grins with that signature smile of his ; Jongin is already looking in his fridge for something to drink. Chanyeol sighs in defeat.
 
"... Fine. Let's order some food, I don't have anything here."
 
"Jjajangmyeon! Jjajangmyeon!" The two other shout happily.
 
"But before..." he pauses, and the idiots look at him with curiosity, "Kim Jongin, c'mere you punk."
 
The latter laughs nervously.
 
Soon Chanyeol is headlocking him and Jongin whines childlishly to be released ; Jongdae just stay still, knowing perfectly that it's best not to interfere during JongYeol wrestling.
 
"Stop it Yeol! Please! Let me go!"
 
"Say it Jongin!"
 
"I'm sorry!"
 
"I'm sorry who?"
 
"I'm sorry hyung!.."
 
"... Not good enough!"
 
"I'm sorry almighty Chanyeol-hyung I'll never do it again!"
 
Chanyeol smirks evily and lets him go. "Let's order jjanjangmyeon now, shall we?"
 
Jongin pouts but nods nonetheless, Jongdae lets out a "yassss". Baekhyun long forgotten, Chanyeol takes out his phone with a whistle, before he hears Jongdae's voice again : 
 
"So when's your date tomorrow?"
 
"Wh- It's not a date!" he stutters, blushing like a teenage girl.
 
"Yeah, yeah, whatever~" Jongdae waves it off with a knowing smile, "So when is it?"
 
"Tomorrow at 4. In a coffe shop downtown."
 
"How is she? Let me take a look! D'you have any photo?"
 
"She?.." Chanyeol turns and shots Jongin a deadly glare.
 
"What, it's a boy?! I-I assumed-... Since Jongin told me you-"
 
"Yes it is! That's why it's not a ing date!"
 
"Hey, Yeol that's alright with me y'know. As long as you don't hit on me."
 
"I am not gay okay?... And even if I was, I'd never hit on you!"
 
Jongdae pauses.
"... I don't know if I should feel relieved or offended."
 
"You should just shut up." whispers Jongin.
 
 
"Jja-jang-myeon! Jja-jang-myeon!" 
Jongdae's chanting, going round and round in Chanyeol's flat with his plate, moving it back and forth. "Dan-mu-ji and Jja-jang-myeon!"
Jongin's dancing with his own plate to the latest hit, singing loudly along ; and the mix of the Kim Jong Bro's voices is about to give Chanyeol a headache. Drowning his despair of being stuck with these two until tomorrow, the latter is silently sipping his Soju at the kitchen counter, trying to recall why on earth is he friend with them.
 
"Yeol, man! Stop being so down and come dance with us!" Jongin shouts from the living-room. His head appears suddenly by the creek of the door ; he is grinning like a child on a Christmas morning.
Chanyeol sighs and smile a bit.
"Fine. Let me show you who's the star here!"
He jumps on his feet, already tipsy, and not long after the three of them are dancing and jiggling wildly to a SNSD's song.
 
That night, they end up curling round each other in Chanyeol's bed like kids, Jongin and Jongdae sleeping peacefully and Chanyeol on the other side, tossing and turning, in the grip of an hectic dream. 
 
He's running in an alley, frightened and rather panicked, as if something was chasing him, although he doesn't  know what ; however he doesn't dare to stop and look behind. He suddenly bumps into someone and nearly falls on the floor. Blood rush to his temple as he realises with horror that he's gonna be caught up soon, and so he grabs roughly the other's wrist, hissing "Quick!" and drags him along in a adjacent lane. Soon they hear footsteps. They stick to the wall, not moving an inch and barely breathing.
A small and cold hand come to hold Chanyeol's. Whoever is the person next to him, he knows they are as scared as he is. The footsteps come closer, and Chanyeol doesn't even dare to gulp. A pearl of cold sweat runs on his cheek. He squeezes the trembling and sweaty palm in his own, to reassure the person he's with as much as himself.
"Just keep steady ok? It won't see us if we don't move.", he whispers, still looking at the alley. 
 
Time seems to freeze as the thing looks suspiciously in their direction, they hear the heavy panting right next to them and the slurping sounds, soon they nearly suffocate with the smell of raw flesh and blood ; but they stand still and hold hands even tighter.
'Go away. Go away. Go away.' Chanyeol's wishing with all his faith. He feels the small hand trembling and he knows the other is crying silently. 
Much to their relief, the creature slowly backs up with a groan, and go away within minutes.
As soon as they don't hear noises anymore, Chanyeol's unfortunate companion falls on his knees, panting and crying, frightened to the bone. Chanyeol himself feels his legs becoming cotton candy, and he kneels down to face the other.
 
"Come on, don't cry please... Don't cry... It's all over now, we're gonna get through this alive."
He takes both his hands in his own.
"I'm Chanyeol. What's your name? What are you doing here? I thought everybody left already."
 
One more time, he expects all but the delicate face he sees when the other lifts his head. "Chanyeol? Park Chanyeol?" he breathes between two sobs.
 
"Yes. I'm here now and I'll protect you so please, don't cry."
 
But Baekhyun burst into tears right away and so Chanyeol has to hug him to soften his whimpering. They might got cornered by them
"Why did you left me Chanyeol?"
He hears Baekhyun whining.
 
"But I-I didn't left!.."
 
The shortie shots him a shocked glare, eyes all red and widened. He pulls him off rather abruptly and hisses : 
"I knew it! You forgot again!"
 
"What?! No! Wait!"
 
"You're horrible! Y-you-come on Jongdae, just smack him with the pillow!"
 
A huge pillow crashes on his face. He hears Jongdae and Jongin barking laughs in the background.
 
"That's it! Get the hell out of my house, you morons!"
 
 

A/N: Hi! I'm back with a new chapter just for you~ Actually I was planning on updating sooner but with a shorter chapter ; but I eventually took time to write a bit more, so this one's bigger than the previous two :)

However it's less interesting...Heh. Sorry for the lack of ChanBaek interaction in this one but...Yeah kinda had to do that... But you got to see a glimpse of creepy!Yeol that you'll be seeing for quite a while on the next chapter (just a little teaser heuheu) and I hope the funny parts I tried to write made you at least smile! I really hope so! I actually was picturing each one of them in my head and it sounded funny... Maybe just in my head but, well, I hope in yours too it sounded good :')

As usual, feedback is appreciated, but even if you don't review, just knowing that you read my story and subscribe make me extremely glad, and I hope you enjoyed what I wrote so far :D Thank you to all those who subscribed and of course the few who reviewed (you just made my day guys, I send you all my love) I hope you'll appreciate my work on this fanfic! I promise to put all my heart and my feels in it!

As for the next update ; I already have a clearer idea of where I would like this plot to go on (can I say that? I'm sorry I'm just really tired and so I might make mistakes) so I think I can write faster but the problem is, I actually have a rather hard time working for my upcoming exams. Anyway writing is nearly the only thing I do on my spare time and thus hopefully I can update before the end of the month but if I don't, don't be disappointed, it just means I work hard to pass this exam! I can't promise you anything in this period but writing is also something that makes me really happy and so I'll do my best to update this fic or post one or two little things that would come in my head.

If I don't post anything till then, have a merry christmas, enjoy your holidays (at least do it instead of me pls you can't possibly know how hard it is to have to study during Christmas and New Year's Eve unless you had to somehow) and for 2015, let's love! (EXO's comeback is cominnngggggg yeeeeh :fangirling:)

Lots of love! <3

XOXO.