| 006

Personal Assistant

Honestly, Sehun expected the hostility from her but he couldn't help but grimaced at the cold look in her eyes. Where were the eyes that were full of love whenever she looked at him? Where were the blush on her cheeks whenever he was in her presence? Where was Valerie?

You screwed it up, Oh Sehun, a voice reminded him and he swallowed painfully. His eyes raked her figure from top to bottom and he noted how beautiful she looked in a simple yellow oversized sweeter and skinny jeans. He had always liked her simple yet elegant fashion sense, and seeing her again after five years made his heart beat wildly in his chest.

"H-How are you, Val?" he asked. His voice was slightly above whisper and if she had listened carefully, she would've noted the waver in his voice.

"It's none of your business," came her cold reply. "What are you doing here?"

Sehun glanced at the huge villa beyond the maze. "This villa belongs to my family," he told her. He noted the surprise in her eyes before it quickly turned into annoyance. He sighed. "I guess Chanyeol didn't tell you we're related."

Valerie's eyes narrowed at this. "He doesn't even know who I dated in the past," she huffed. "And it's not like I'll run away if I did know about this beforehand anyway."

Sehun feels his chest being stabbed by a knife at her words. "So you're really dating my cousin?" He feared for the answer, but there was no taking it back.

"Does it annoy you?" she asked instead. Sehun hesitated but nodded in the end. She smirked. His heart broke once more. "Good. Then watch how your cousin treats me like how a man should treat a lady."

Valerie couldn't believe that those words were coming out of her own mouth but what's done is done. She was livid at the sight of her ex-boyfriend at her boss's family villa and the fact that they were cousins hit her so hard that she felt like running away. Five years and only now she got to see him again, and it wasn't a pleasant meeting for her at all. In fact, she was itching to just turn back around but then she caught side of Chanyeol's figure slowly approaching them from behind Sehun. He had a frown on his face and Valerie wasn't sure why it suddenly bothered her.

"Ahyoung."

Valerie's eyes abruptly snapped to Sehun in anger upon hearing her real name. "I told you not to call me that," she seethed.

Sehun sighed. "But-"

"Ahyoung," came another voice but this time it was huskier and more soothing to her ears. Valerie was surprised to feel herself calming down when Chanyeol appeared fully from behind Sehun and approached her. She extended a hand towards him and he grabbed it softly before tugging her close to him, standing in front of her protectively. Chanyeol turned his attention to the other male present who seemed to have frozen at the sight of him. "Long time no see, Sehun."

Sehun gulped and lifted the corner of his lips up, attempting a smile when it seemed lik a grimace to Chanyeol. "Hey, Yeol. How are you?"

Chanyeol gave him a nod at this. "I'm good. Been busy but it's good to be home," he told the younger. His gaze flickered down to Valerie when she leaned her head against his shoulder, suddenly looking like she was out of energy. He managed to catch the lingering gaze Sehun gave her when he turned back to him and for some reason, it annoyed him completely. "Sehun, let's talk later. Ahyoung is tired and I'm going to bring her back inside."

Without waiting for Sehun's response, Chanyeol wrapped his arm around Valerie's waist and navigated her out from the maze. All the while, she was plastered to his side with both her arms around his waist, looking so tired that it worried him. The moment they reach his old room, he made her lie down on the bed and Valerie immediately allowed herself to succumb to the darkness.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Ahyoung."

Valerie stopped stirring in her sleep and groggily opened her eyes. She frowned when she felt the soft fabric brushing against her skin and noted the soft pillow holding her head. Where am I?, she thought and looked around, noting that she was in a large bedroom. Her gaze then flickered to the end of the bed from where she heard some rustling of sheets, and she blinked in surprise when she met Chanyeol's eyes.

"Ahyoung," he called her again. Valerie slowly sat up to face him.

"How did you know my-"

"I've always known your full name, Kim Ahyoung." Chanyeol admitted. "How are you? You looked like you ran a marathon earlier."

Valerie frowned. "How long have I been asleep?"

"Two hours, give or take. It's almost dark outside," he told her as he got up from the edge of the bed to stand by the window. Valerie followed his figure with her eyes and stared at his back as she recalled the sudden 'reunion' she had with her ex-boyfriend. She grimaced and flickered her attention back to Chanyeol when he turned around to face her. "You know Sehun."

It wasn't a question, but a statement.

She nodded.

"How?"

Deep down, Valerie felt like she didn't need to explain her past to him. Chanyeol was merely her boss and although they were currently pretending to be dating to fool his family, he was still not entitled to know her past with his cousin. But her rational side told her that if she didn't come clean, misunderstandings might happen and she didn't want to stir any problem while she's here in the Park's family villa playing his girlfriend.

She sighed in defeat. "We dated five, six years ago," she revealed. "We didn't have a clean break up."

Chanyeol sighed himself and ran his hands through his hair before coming back to the bed. This time, he opted to sit on the other side of the double bed with his back facing her. "May I know what happened?"

Valerie kept quiet at this.

"Alright, I won't pry. But I won't have to worry-"

"No," Valerie cut him off sternly. "I don't have any lingering feelings for him. But I won't deny the fact that I will be hostile towards him throughout our stay. I will try to act civilize when we're all together, but please don't leave me alone with him."

Chanyeol smiled under his nose and slightly turned his head to glance at her from over his shoulder. "Did Valerie Kim just begged me?" he teased.

She huffed. "It's the least you could do now, don't you think?"

Chanyeol chuckled and nodded his head. A sudden knock on the door surprised them and Valerie's wide eyes turn frantically to him. Calmly, he scooted further onto the mattress and pulled her to his side. She blushed, causing him to smile at the adorable sight. He then glanced back at the door when a series of knocks appeared once more.

"Come in!"

The door creaked open and a girl Valerie had never seen before appeared. She was smiling brightly as her eyes met Chanyeol's, but it died the moment she realized her presence. Valerie watched as her eyes narrow to their close proximity on the bed and it narrowed even further when she caught Chanyeol's hand on hers.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know you brought a guest." she said strainly as her eyes flickered back to Chanyeol.

Chanyeol rolled his eyes at this. "You should since everyone's been talking about it," he grumbled. He then tapped his finger softly against Valerie's wrist, making her turn to him. Chanyeol, however, had his eyes focused on the other girl. "Jiyeon, meet Valerie."

Jiyeon smiles faintly at this. "Nice to meet you, Valerie. I'm Nam Jiyeon, Chanyeol's fiancé."

 

 

 

 

The room was filled with silence even after Jiyeon had left. Valerie had gotten up from the mattress to unpack their things, assuming that they were going to share the room. Chanyeol silently watched her as she gracefully moved about in the room. He caught the hard look on her face and smiled under his nose.

"Ahyoung," he called.

Valerie sighed. "Are you going to start calling me by my real name now?"

He shrugged. "If you'd allow me," he admitted.

Valerie glanced at him momentarily before she gave him a curt nod. She turned back towards their luggages, zipping her own and keeping it in the closet, and went to open his. He blinked in confusion. "Uh, what are you doing?"

She gave him a weird look as she ped the bag. "Unpacking, what else?"

"But that's my luggage."

The woman snorted. "Yes, I know it is. Why? Do you not want me to see your underwears? I'm pretty sure I've helped you with your things numerous times whenever we were travelling."

Chanyeol rubbed the back of his head sheepishly at this. There had been a few number of times when he had travelled for business meetings with Valerie, and whenever he was too tired to pack or was outside in a prior appointment when he needed to pack for home, Valerie would always be the one to do it for him. He didn't think about it much before but now he suddenly found the situation embarrassing.

Yet comforting.

It's like having a real girlfriend, he thought but quickly frowned. No, what are you saying? Park Chanyeol don't do commitments, he reminded himself but glanced at Valerie as she continued to unpack his things, humming a tune under her nose. He then caught sight of his underwears which had been packed at the very bottom of the luggage. He was about to reach for it when Valerie absentmindedly beat him to it and kept the things in a drawer.

Chanyeol ended up blushing furiously at this.

"Why are you blushing?" Valerie's question brought him out of his reverie and he sheepishly shook his head at her. She scoffed and shook her head, amused. "Okay. Well, I think we need to talk, don't we?"

He pressed his lips into a thin line and nodded. "Ask me anything."

"Nam Jiyeon."

"We grew up together," he immediately responded. "She would always come here to play with Jongin and I when we were kids. Apparently, my grandmother had already made her move on seeking for her hand in marriage for me... but we're not going to let that happen."

Valerie smiled slyly at this, moving back to the bed. "And what if I decided that you're not worth fighting for and backed away?"

The man groaned and went to sit next to her. "Don't be like that, Ahyoung. You're supposed to help me get out of this situation."

She laughed. "I know, I know. I was just messing with you. So, should I expect trouble? I mean, she seemed pretty unhappy when she saw me earlier."

Chanyeol sighed and rubbed his temple. "I don't know. Probably," he shrugs. Valerie raises a questioning brow at him. "I don't mean to sound cocky, but I know Jiyeon has feelings for me since we were younger. And I'm sure that's why she accepted whatever crazy idea my grandmother had. I mean, I used to have admirers when I was younger and they all stayed away because of Jiyeon."

"So she's scary." Valerie concluded and shrugged. "Whatever, she hasn't met me yet. I mean it when I said I'll help you out, Channie, so try to keep up okay?"

Chanyeol smiled and nodded his head, feeling grateful to have Valerie by his side. Suddenly, he recalled something and whipped his head at her. "I'm sorry but did you just called me 'Channie'? Again?"

Valerie shrugged. "I told you, I need to have a convinving nickname for you. Come on, Channie. It's dinner time and I'm hungry. Let's not keep your family waiting."

"My grandmother's going to be down there," he warned her as they step out of his room. He absentmindedly grabbed her hand and entertwined them together while they walk down the stairs. "You think you can handle this?"

"I'll be okay. I think."

 

 

Author's note:

{07.09.15} This is totally different, isn't it? But I hope you like it! Do comment because I love hearing from you guys! xoxo!