| 014

Personal Assistant

 

Chanyeol thought his heart was going to burst the moment Valerie opened and sang. He was too caught up with the surprise to notice how the guests had all began clapping as she sang, mesmerized by her voice like he was. He couldn't concentrate on anything else but her; her beautiful smile, her twinkling eyes, her melodious voice - just her.

"Why do you look so shocked?" came Sehun's voice from behind him. Chanyeol didn't bother to turn to him and simply waved him away. Sehun scoffed. ". Seriously, why do you look so surprised? Is this the first time you've heard her sing?"

"Yes. Now shut up and let me enjoy this." Chanyeol hissed at his cousin and focused back on Valerie.

Sehun shook his head, sighed and grabbed onto one of the waiters to get himself a glass of champagne. His gaze flickered to where Valerie stood on the stage singing, although her eyes were solely focused on Chanyeol alone. Sehun felt a pain in his chest and smiles sadly to himself before taking a sip of his drink.

"Sehun-ah?"

"Hmm?"

"I have a surprise for you."

"And what's that?"

"Close your eyes." He smiled and did what he was told. "Lean back against the tree." He chuckled and again, did as he was told. "Alright, here goes."

And then she was singing. Surprised, his eyes snapped open and he stared at his girlfriend who was singing so beautifully as she sat cross-legged in front of him with her eyes closed. Sehun felt as if his breath was taken away from him with every note she sang.

A few minutes later, the song came to stop and Valerie opened her eyes to see Sehun staring at her with so much love in his eyes that it made her blush. She curled, dropping her head onto his lap while he caressed her head. Sehun planted a kiss onto the crown of her head and lifted her chin so their eyes could meet.

"Why didn't you tell me you could sing?"

"It wouldn't be a surprise if I told you, dummy." she chuckled. "Did you like it?"

"Like? I loved it, Ahyoung. It was so beautiful. You are so beautiful."

Valerie smiled as he leaned in to kiss her and she pecked his nose lightly when he pulled away.

"Promise you'll always sing for me from now on?"

"What do I get in return?" she asked cheekily.

"Me. Forever."

She laughed. "You're so cheesy, Oh Sehun. But you got yourself a deal."

The memory drifted away just as Valerie's song came to an end, and Sehun moved his gaze to where she was, looking radiant and beautiful in her dress as she bowed shyly to the cheering guests and blew a kiss to the newlyweds. And then her eyes searched for Chanyeol's, and Sehun could only watch as the man walked over to the stage to her down and kissed her right in front of the audience.

Everyone cheered, while Sehun felt his own heart breaking.

"You should move on now, Hun." Baekhyun's voice appeared from behind him. Sehun chuckled softly to himself before turning to face the older but smaller male.

"I know, Baek. I promised her I'll do that too." He sighed and gently twirled the glass in his hand, eyes focused on the clear golden liquid in the glass. "It's just hard for me to see her so happy when the last thing I did for her was made her cry."

Baekhyun gave the younger a sympathetic look and placed an assuring hand on his shoulder. "Don't say that, Sehun. It might've hurt her in the end, but I'm sure the beautiful memories you guys made together will always make her smile. Time will heal you, kiddo. Don't give up just yet, okay?"

Sehun smiled and his cousin and nodded. "I won't, Baek. I promise."

 

 

 

 

"It's funny how I'm now your girlfriend when last week I was merely your PA." Valerie told Chanyeol as they slow danced along the other guests at Yoora's and Minho's wedding reception.

Chanyeol chuckled. "I like it though. But last week, you weren't just my PA, Ms. Kim. You were also my friend; you were the only one who dares to talk back to me and not run away like every other employees when they see me."

"I don't see what's so scary about you, to be honest. You're as scary as my bunny plushie, no offense."

"I'm taking that offense, Ahyoung. How could you ruin my reputation with such statement?" Chanyeol frowned, making her laugh. A smile graced his face as he stared at the beauty in his arms, and he couldn't help himself from leaning in and capturing her sweet lips, silencing her effectively at the same time.

Valerie blinked, looking rather dazed as they pulled apart, and she smiled shyly when Chanyeol pecked her nose softly. "You should stop kissing me in public." she said quietly, cheeks turning red in embarrassment.

He smiled. "It's quite hard to not do that when you just told me you loved me right in front of Yoora's one hundred wedding guests," he said with a fond look in his eyes. "I don't think I will ever forget this day, Kim Ahyoung."

She smiled and leaned in to kiss him softly before whispering against his lips, "I doubt I will either, Park Chanyeol."