| 003

Personal Assistant

Chanyeol released a tired sigh as they all boarded off the private jet. He wordlessly followed after Suho and Jongin as they headed off to the exit, feeling too exhausted to even make a sound. He felt a jab on his hip then and glanced to the side where another close friend, Kyungsoo, was walking. The shorter male with big eyes was staring at him weirdly.

Chanyeol yawned. Kyungsoo jabbed his side again, making him frown. "What is it, Soo?"

"What's up with you?" asked Kyungsoo. "Don't give me that look, Chanyeol. I'm not just talking about how exhausted you look. You've been distracted throughout our trips that it's worrying me. Seriously- and stop yawning like that. Close your mouth when you do, will you?"

Kyungsoo heard a chuckle coming from the front and turned to see an amused Jongin. "Don't bother trying to reprimand him, Kyungsoo. He's been out of his conscious mind since the day before. This trip is only worsening his already bad condition."

"Is there something I don't know?" the shorter demanded as he glanced at the - again - yawning giant.

Suho sighed, having joined their conversation. "You don't want to know," he told the other which actually piqued Kyungsoo's interest more.

Jongin decided to take pity on his friend and filled him in with the previous day event, stunning the man in silence. Suddenly, he pulled the sleepy Chanyeol to his side and slapped the back of his head so hard that it caught them offguard. The action successfully woke Chanyeol up and he groaned in pain as he clutched the back of his head. Suho immediately came to his aid and tried his best to console the giant while Jongin simply laughed at his cousin's pitiful state.

Chanyeol stood up straight and pouted at Kyungsoo once the pain dulled away. "What was that for?" Rubbing the back of his head again, he winced at the pain and whined. "It hurts dammit."

"That's for your idiocy," the shorter man said sternly. "How could you lie to your family and bring an innocent girl into the mix just to cover up your ?"

The taller blinked at the accusation before pointing a finger at Jongin. The man was close to slipping away then, and Suho quickly held him into place with a stern expression. "It was Jongin's idea! He was the one who told me to introduce Val as my girlfriend," he told his friend who averted his gaze to the tanned male.

"Jongin?"

"In my defense, I was just trying to help out."

Suho heaved a sigh as Kyungsoo reprimanded both Jongin and Chanyeol in the middle of the arrival hall. He looked away when some of the passengers from other flights turned their heads to the small crowd and quickly slithered away without the three noticing.

 

 

 

 

Valerie

I nervously made my way to the VIP's arriving hall, knowing that my bosses had been flying in with the company's private jet for their one day trip to China. It didn't take long for me to spot one of them and I blinked in confusion when I saw the irritated look on the CEO's face. Subtly shaking my head, I decided to approach him and he jumped when he lifts his head.

"Hello, sir." I greet him with a bow albeit with a guilty smile and he seemed confused for a moment before slowly nodding his head in acknowledgement. I smiled wider when I figured that he had finally recalled who I was. "How was the trip, Mr. Kim?"

"Ah, it was okay. Although I felt like it was a reunion or something instead of a business conference," he saic with a small chuckle. His face suddenly contortdc into a face of realisation and he turns to me with a quiet 'Ah'. "What are you doing here? Are you here to pick Chanyeol up?"

I didn't know why but I felt my face going hot under his scrutinising eyes. I noddc my head slowly at this and finally looked around for the tall male. "Uhm, where is he? Didn't you guys came together, sir?"

Suho suddenly sighed at this. "He's somewhere inside with Jongin and Kyungsoo, receiving an earful from the latter." When he saw the confusion on my face, he smiled again with a small chuckle. "Kyungsoo found out about the whole girlfriend thing and how Jongin came up with the idea to involve you. He's not happy with it," Suho revealed.

"Why?"

Suho shrugged. "Kyungsoo's like that. He never likes it when someone makes a mess of something and drags another person with them. He believes it's unethical and plain rude, but you know Chanyeol's not like that, right? He's just desperate. I actually admire him for being able to come up with something like that. At least it means he has his own standing, I guess."

"By lying and sleeping around instead of finding a suitable woman to be his wife?" I couldn't help but question.

Suho gave me a tight smile. "Not everyone has the same thinking. Who knows? He might change his mind someday."

There was something suggestive in his tone but I didn't get to question it when I heard some footsteps coming towards us. I looked up to see Jongin leading Kyungsoo and Chanyeol to where we stood, and Chanyeol looked incredibly worn out that it worries me. Without thinking much, I approached him just as he let out an enormous yawn.

"Are you okay, sir?" I asked. Chanyeol blinked at me like as if he has just realised my presence before nodding. I sighed. "Come on, the car's this way. You need to rest if you plan to drive all the way to the country side tomorrow."

"Ah, you're going to the villa tomorrow?" Jongin asked him. "I'll be joining in a few days since I have some work to finish first."

Yeah, like making you and Sora official. 

"Will you be sending this idiot home, Valerie?" Kyungsoo asked with a kind smile. I nodded my head at him. "Be careful on your drive back. It's getting late now so it's best if you guys leave now."

I glanced at the sleepy looking Chanyeol and nodded my head. "Yes, sir. Have a good rest tonight."

I bowed at my bosses and turned to see Chanyeol waving sleepily at his friends. Jongin laughed and gave him a hug while Kyungsoo staref and Suho patte his back before they walk away to their own transports. I tentatively grabbed the man's wrists and he turned to me with his eyes hardly opened, making me chuckle.

"Come on, sleepyhead. Let's get you home."

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol mostly slept on our way to his condo and I sighed softly to myself as I buried myself into my thoughts. I've actually made a decision on the matter with Chanyeol but I wasn't sure if it was the best thing to do. I took the silence as an opportunity to rethink my decision and even as I parked outside of the condominium building, I found myself still holding onto the same result.

I glanced at the sleeping male beside me and noticed the dark circles forming under his eyes. I tentatively traced a finger under his eyes before moving it to touch a spot on his forehead where a crease was beginning to form. I could tell that the man was stressed and was feeling it even in his sleep, and my heart ached at the thought. I knew I had to wake him up soon but he looked so peaceful sleeping that it made me feel guilty.

But if he was to drive tomorrow to the villa, he'll need a proper place to rest. So reluctantly, I shook his shoulder in order to wake him up and it took a few tries before he finally opened his eyes with a start. I threw him a smile when his gaze lingered on me. "We're here, sir. We're just outside your building," I informed him.

His eyes darted outside the window and when he finally recognised the place, he slowly sat up with a tired groan. I helped him take off his seatbelt and watched as he fumbled with the door. "Are you okay, sir? Do you want me to accompany you upstairs?" I asked worriedly.

Chanyeol turned to me and shook his head. "I'm fine, Val. You've done quite a lot already," he said and yawned. I smiled sadly when he rubbed his eyes tiredly before shaking his head. "I'm sorry we couldn't talk. I was too tired."

I sighed. "It's fine, sir. Now go get some rest. You have a long journey tomorrow," I told him and he nodded tiredly before grabbing his things. I watched as he exited the car and slightly bent down to look at me.

"Uh, thanks for picking me up, Valerie. I appreciate it."

"No problem, sir. I'll see you tomorrow." Chanyeol seemed confused at this and I gave him a small smile to confirm his thoughts. "Yes, sir. I'll be going with you to your family villa as your girlfriend." When he continuds to look so dumbfounded and baffled, I laughed. "Pick me up before lunch, will you? At least we can talk before we head to the country side."

Chanyeol blinked some more and threw me a smile so wide that it made my heart skip a beat. I felt myself fluster at this. "Thanks, Valerie. It means a lot."

I smiled. "I know, sir."

 

 

Author's note:

07.02.15 A totally different one compared to the original. Feel free to comment on what you think of the revamped version.