| 015 - Epilogue

Personal Assistant

"Chanhyun, can you get me a glass of water from the kitchen please?"

"Yes, mama!"

Valerie watched fondly as her six years old son got up from his colouring book without any delay and ran off to the kitchen to fetch her that glass of water. Just a minute later, he walked back to the living room with one of the colourful plastic cups she bought and handed it to her.

"Here you go, mama." he said, smiling sweetly at her.

Valerie grinned. "Thank you, baby. Are you done colouring now? Do you want to watch TV with me?" she asked, patting the space beside her. 

"Okay!"

The mother and son ended up cuddling on the couch as they watched the re-run of the first Transformers movie. It was one of Chanhyun's favourite movie, and even if he's watched it for the eighth time now (Valerie counted), he was still immersed by the movie. Almost at the end of the show, they heard the front door unlocked before Chanyeol's unmistaken loud voice was heard.

"We're home!"

Valerie paused the movie just as Chanhyun hopped off the couch to greet his father. She followed after him, albeit with difficulty, and smiled at the sight of the father and son hugging by the door. Just then, a tug on her wrist made her turn away from the scene, and she blinked at the sight of her pouting daughter. Worried, she slowly crouched down to her height and hugged her.

"What's wrong, Chaeyoung? Didn't you have fun with papa at the pet store today?"

Her six years old daughte, Chaeyoung, pulled away and shook her head. "It's not that, mama. I wished you and Chan were there too." she explained solemnly.

Valerie smiled, feeling a burst of happiness in her chest, and kissed the little girl's cheeks over and over, resorting her to stop pouting and burst into a fit of giggles. "Oh honey, I would've loved to join you but I was feeling tired today. Maybe next time?"

She nodded her head and kissed her mother's cheek before turning to her twin brother when he approached them. The elder of twelve minutes hugged his sister and pulled her to the living room to resume watching the Transformers movie. Sighing, Valerie slowly began to stand up and shrieked in surprise when she felt a hand go around her waist. Turning her head, she saw a sheepish looking Chanyeol standing beside her.

"You scared me."

"It's not my fault you pay too much attention on the twins and not your husband." he said, shrugging playfully. Valerie huffed and tried to poke his sides, but he quickly dodged before pulling her closer to his side. "Don't be mean. You know I'm ticklish."

"And I'm almost due," she retorted. "I could've accidentally broke my water just because I was surprised, you know."

"That's good. Then it means my little pumpkin can come sooner."

Valerie rolled her eyes and pinched him lightly on the arm, making Chanyeol hiss with a frown on his handsome face. "I still have another two weeks, Park. Don't make me give birth before the baby is ready."

"Yes, my love."

"Mama, papa! Stop kissing at the hallway and come watch Transformers!" Chanhyun suddenly yelled from the living room, surprising both his parents.

Valerie blushed deeply while Chanyeol began to laugh.

"That's not funny, Park Chanyeol. This is all your fault!" she said, pulling away from him with a pout.

Chanyeol was still laughing as he followed her to the living room. "Why is that my fault? I swear I didn't teach him that."

"No, but you're always kissing me at the hallway before and after coming home from work. I guess he automatically assumed that's what we were doing."

"Smart baby."

"Shut it, Park." Valerie hissed, by-passing the living room and instead walking over to the kitchen.

"Aww, don't be like that, honey. If I kiss you in our room, I can't promise that I'd be in time for work after that." Chanyeol said, smirking. Valerie threatened to throw a nearby spoon at him, making him flinch. "Okay, I was just kidding. Don't be mean to me, honey. You've been so mean ever since you got pregnant with Chaerin."

Valerie sighed and rubbed her bulging belly where her unborn daughter was lightly kicking her. She glanced at her husband and pouted. "I'm sorry, Channie. I don't mean to be so mean with you. My emotions are all over the place, unlike when I was pregnant with the twins."

Indeed she had been rather emotional during her second pregnancy compared to her first. Every little thing would either make her cry or burst into flames. And her usual victim would be none other than her beloved husband, Chanyeol. But the man didn't mind since he understood how unstable her hormones could be during pregnancy; it's something he's expected ever since he witnessed Yoora's constant mood shifts when she got pregnant with his first niece.

Looking at the guilty look on her face, Chanyeol dropped his pathetic act and came over to hug his wife. "It's okay, honey. I was only joking. I'm not hurt because of it. I understand you, really. I don't blame you at all."

"But I always yell at you and treat you badly."

"Yes, but I know you don't mean to do that to me. It's okay, really. I'm okay." he assured her before kissing her deeply.

Valerie's eyelids fluttered shut as Chanyeol moved his lips against hers. The kiss was soft, sweet and breathtaking, and it left her wanting more. She moaned softly and wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him closer and deepening the kiss. She parted her lips and allowed Chanyeol's tongue to probe , occasionally letting her own dance with his, and she let out a needy moan when his hand cupped her bottom.

Chanyeol smirked against her lips. "Did I tell you that I love how sensitive you are when you're pregnant?" he whispered.

She growled. "I swear, Park Chanyeol, if you're only doing this to tease me, I will cut off your ."

"Don't need to be so drastic, baby. I was planning to carry you to our room, but what about our kids outside?"

"I'm sure they won't notice we're missing if you're quick."

"Fair point."

An hour later, Chanyeol walked out of the room to find his kids watching another movie that was playing on TV, and Chaeyoung was almost hidden behind Chanhyun on the couch. He frowned and joined them on the furniture. Chaeyoung immediately climbed onto his lap and hugged him close.

"What's wrong, Chae?" he asked the girl, wrapping one arm around her while the other went around Chanhyun who had also slithered closer to his side.

"Papa, there's a monster in the house." Chanhyun told him while his sister nodded frantically against his chest.

Chanyeol frowned. "A monster? Where?"

"Chan said it came from upstairs, papa. Didn't you see him?" Chaeyoung asked. "Papa?"

The kids exchanged confused looks as Chanyeol's face reddened, and he could blame no one but himself for and grunting so loud during his session with his wife upstairs and ended up scaring his children. When Chaeyoung called for him, he smiled the best he could and cleared his throat.

"Oh, it's gone now. Don't worry, papa got rid of it."

"Yay!" the innocent kids cheered, making him grimace.

"Just don't tell mama about the monster, okay?"

"Why? Will mama be scared too?" Chanhyun asked innocently with a tilt of his head.

"Uh... yeah. And baby Chaerin too. You don't want to scare your baby sister, do you?" The kids shook their heads at this. "Good, so let's keep this a secret."

When Valerie had woken up and was preparing dinner, she could only wonder why her kids keep rubbing her tummy and assuring their unborn sister that no monster will ever hurt her. But she knew without a doubt that her husband was behind all of it when the man kept glancing their way from the living room.

She sighed and smiled softly to herself. "Whatever," she whispered to her baby. "At least you know that your brother and sister will always be there to protect you, Chaerin. I love you, and I can't wait for you to come."

 

 

The end.