| 011

Personal Assistant

You'd think that Chanyeol would immediately turn the car around after hearing Valerie's confession and request, but you're wrong. Valerie forgot for a moment that it was Park Chanyeol she was talking to. The Park Chanyeol who is known for his stubbornness, ego and pride. So no way in hell would he turn back to that house after making such a scene of escaping it with his- actually, he doesn't know who Valerie is to him anymore. Girlfriend? Hard for him to decide since Valerie went into action to call Sora's phone before he could ask, but it was answered by her boyfriend instead.

"Valerie, where are you guys?" Jongin asked the moment the line connected. "Are you guys okay?"

She smiled. "We're fine. We're heading towards a nearby hotel," she said, glancing at Chanyeol who sighed and nodded as he drove them to the closest hotel. "I told Chanyeol to turn back around but that's not happening anytime soon."

"Okay, okay... uhm, his parents wants to talk to him though."

Valerie turned to Chanyeol and relied the message. "Tell them we'll meet up tonight at the hotel," was all Chanyeol said. She sighed and relied the message back to Jongin who agreed. After the line disconnected, she placed the phone on her lap and turned her head to Chanyeol who was driving with a hard look on his face.

I love Ahyoung.

I love Ahyoung.

I love Ahyoung.

Valerie unknowingly let out a silent giggle at this, smiling so brightly that it caught Chanyeol's attention. Her smile was addictive to him so his lips stretched into a smile at the sight. "What?" he asked, darting his eyes back and forth from the road to her.

She chuckled. "So you love me, huh?" she teased, biting the bottom of her lips shyly.

Chanyeol chuckled in return. "Yes, I do. And I know you do too."

"Where'd that confidence come from?" she laughed. "I didn't say it clearly, you know. For all you know, I might even be lying to you just to get you to turn the car around earlier."

He scoffed with a cocky grin on his face. "Well, Ahyoung... Deny it all you want, but I know love when I see it."

Valerie scrunched her nose at his confident remark before letting out a snort. "Says the one who never fell in love before," she commented and eyed him with a growing smirk.

"Who said I never fell in love?" Chanyeol retorted back, surprising her. "I fell in love once, got my heart broken and never dated again."

"Oh wow, so cliché. Park Chanyeol, you just ruined the whole plot!"

He laughed. "So we're writing a story now?"

She shrugged. "With all the happening, might as well."

Chanyeol couldn't agree more.

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol

We checked in at the nearby hotel which was actually almost half an hour away from the villa as per Valerie's request and I got us the suite room because I can. I was suddenly nervous as I closed the door behind me and watched as she walked around the room, inspecting the large space. The living room and the bedroom was separated by a sliding door and she disappeared into the other room while I head over to the couch and took a seat.

Valerie returned later looking shy and sat beside me. I raised a brow at her. "I think you got us a honeymoon suite," she told me. That caught my attention. "There're flower petals on the bed and in the tub."

I chuckled, amused at the sight of her red cheeks. Unable to stop myself, I wrapped an arm around her waist and pulled her closer to my side, producing a tiny squeak from her as I did so. I kissed her warm cheeks, stopping her from squarming and looked into her eyes. "I wish I knew from the start how I feel about you, Kim Ahyoung," I whispered.

She blushed. "There's no fun in that," she muttered.

I grinned. "You really hate cliché storylines, don't you?" She shrugged, her lips forming a pout while her eyes avoided mine. Her finger was playing with the top button of my shirt, and I was having a hard time trying to stop the pleasant shiver from travelling south. "Ahyoung," I called her and she lifted her gaze to my eyes.

"Yeah?"

"You haven't said it properly you know," I said. I didn't realise it but my voice was merely above whisper. Her face was merely inches away from mine and I could feel her breath on my face. I breathed in and immediately smelled her vanilla and cinnamon scent, making me smile. "I'm waiting."

She blushed and nibbled onto her bottom lips, and I watched as she took a deep breath and smiled at me. "I love you, Park Chanyeol."

"Again."

"I love you."

I pecked her lips. "Again."

"I love you," she giggled and let out a muffled scream when I attacked her lips, kissing her deeply. Her hands on my chest began to roam up onto my shoulders after a while until they were locked around my neck, and I tightened my hold around her waist before hoisting her up onto my lap. She let out a shaky breath when I shortly pulled away only to kiss her gently once more by moving my angle, making her moan.

I smiled as I pulled away. I watched in awe at the sight of her red lips and pink eyelids that covered her eyes from mine. She still had her eyes closed and was slightly panting after our kiss. Slowly, her eyelids fluttered open and she smiled shyly at me when our gazes finally meet.

"You're mine," I told her. "For real this time."

She chuckled, amused. "And you're mine. For real this time."

I kissed her again, but this time I carried her into the bedroom.

 

 

 

 

Valerie

I was nervous as I stood in front of the mirror, looking at my attire. I had just finished dressing up in a white blouse and jeans after a quick, refreshing shower and was looking at my own figure in the reflection. Honestly, I was proud of my body since I was slim and had curves most women would die for without even trying, and my long brunette hair was honestly my pride and joy since it was long and wavy at the end. I flicked my hair back, contemplating on tying it up when I caught something on my collarbone, partly hidden by the strap of the blouse I was wearing.

I frowned. "Stupid Park Chanyeol," I grumbled and quickly covered it with my hair. Just then, Chanyeol walked out of the shower with only his boxers on, making me swallow at the sight. Stupid giant with stupid abs, I grumbled in my head as Chanyeol lifted his head to meet my gaze. He smirked, and I rolled my eyes at him. "You left a hickey on me, idiot." I told him.

His smirked seemed to grow wider before he turned around, flashing me his . My eyes widened as a loud gasp escaped my lips. "I think you left a bigger mark on me, Kim Ahyoung." he said, turning back around with a proud smirk on his face. I blushed. "You're lucky I was considerate or I would've made them more visible."

"Stop it," I whined, feeling embarrassed and he laughed before coming to embrace me. I placed my hands on his chest and felt how warm his body was after the shower. I caressed the spot right above his heart before laying my palm there, feeling the fast beating of his heart. I smiled. "I love you," I whispered.

He placed a kiss on my forehead, making me close my eyes with a silly smile on my face. "I love you too," he whispered before pulling away. "Now, let me get dressed. My parents are on their way here and I don't think you'd want them to see the long scratches on my back, do you?"

I huffed and pushed him away, making him laugh. He quickly stole a kiss before disappearing into the walk-in closet to get dressed. I sighed and sat down at the edge of the bed, thinking back about today's episode. Chanyeol's grandmother had found out the truth about us and wants him to break up with me, but instead he confessed to me and brought me here. Chanyeol raised his voice at the elder lady just to side with me.

I sighed.

"What's with the long face?" I looked up to see Chanyeol dressed in a simple black Polo t-shirt and jeans, and he came to seat next to me before brushing his lips on my cheek playfully. I smiled. "Now that's the smile I wanted to see," he chuckled. "Are you nervous?" I nodded. "Why?"

"Why? Chanyeol, you left your grandmother's house after fighting with her. For who? For me!" I said, my face darkening in self-hatred and guilt. "What if she still wants you to marry Jiyeon? I-"

"Then we'll run away." I stopped and turned to him. "You heard me. We'll run away, far from here. I've always loved having you around me since we met, and now that you're mine, do you really think I'd simply let you go? Don't you even dream of it," he said gently although I could hear the stress in his voice.

"But you can't turn your back on your family just because of me."

"Basically, it's just my grandmother, Ahyoung."

"But everyone knows the truth now," I argued. "Why would they want to accept me as your girlfriend if they know we lied to them from the start?"

"Because unlike my grandma, they don't care about who I date or if I get married or not. They just want me to be happy," he said softly and kissed me. "And I am happy. With you."

I felt myself melt from his words alone before leaning closer to his side, letting him wrap his arms around me and pull me closer. I placed my head at the crook of his neck and breathed in his scent, smiling to myself when I felt his thumb caressing my forearm. A sudden thought hit me then, making me pull away with a frown. "How did she know about the scheme anyway?"

Chanyeol sighed. "Jiyeon told her, and I have a feeling I know who the chirping birdie she was talking about."

 

 

 

 

When Mommy and Daddy Park walked into the suite half an hour later, the former ran to gather a rather perplexed Valerie into her arms and cried on her shoulder. Valerie's eyes immediately watered when the elder suddenly began apologising to her, and she shook her head against the woman's shoulder and apologised instead.

"No, honey." Mommy Park said as she pulled away. "I don't blame you. I don't blame Chanyeol either," she assured her and kissed her forehead. "I understand why Chanyeol did what he did, and I know he is really happy with you. I won't stop him from seeing you, my child. You have my blessing, I promise."

"This is a mess but it's nothing we couldn't fix," Daddy Park said as they all sat around the living room. "Chanyeol, I have to say I was quite disappointed that you chose to lie to your mother and I instead of being honest. You know we don't agree with your grandmother's ideas either. We would've helped you, son, if only you were honest."

Chanyeol dropped his head at this. "I'm sorry, dad."

"And Valerie," she swallowed hard at this. "I'm sorry that you're caught in such a mess, child."

She smiled painfully. "I knew what I was getting myself into though."

The man heaved a sigh and nodded. "I understand. But my wife and I aren't going to stop you two from seeing each other. It's clear that you care and love each other a lot, and who are we to deprive you from your own happiness? I've grown rather fond of you, Valerie, and I think you make a good pair for my son."

"What are we going to do about grandma?" Chanyeol asked after exchanging a relief gaze with Valerie.

"Just give her some time," his mother told him softly, her hands still wrapped around Valerie who was leaning against her shoulder. "But you have to talk to her and make her understand your own views, Yeol. It's the least you could do. And please, talk to Jiyeon too." Chanyeol sighed heavily at this. "Chanyeol, don't be like that. She genuinely loves you, you know. She didn't deserve all the things you said about her earlier. She has feelings too, and I'm sure she's really broken by now."

"But-"

"Talk to her, Channie." Valerie interrupted as she pulled away from his mother's hold. "We owe her that much, don't you think? While you do that, there's someone else I need to talk to, too."

Chanyeol frowned. "Who?"

"Sehun."