Chapter 9 | Faith & Nighmares

New Spirit

Chapter 9

 

Flashback

The fight made me exhausted to death. I can't feel my body or me breathing. It's like I am dead. May has strong powers that are weird because she never told me nor showed it to anyone... With my eyes shut and have no control about my mind. I started getting visions again. The visions are now horrible with shocking twist. Last time I slept, I had a vision about Hyuk being chained up in an abandoned Castle. Hyuk got his hands, legs and neck all chained up against a rocky wall with blood dripping from bruises. He screamed for help but nothing happened. The vision stopped as I tried to move my body. I tried to have control about my body, so I wiggled my legs and hopefully my arms. I need to have some control at least.

I tried to get back to reality but I was haunted by my visions. My hands started to move around as I felt contact. A body part is holding my hand with warmth. I smiled to myself as I tried to break free from the coma but no luck. My hope for freedom is now slim. The nightmares continued with the guys with scary actions. My eyes started to get cover up by black fogs. Trying to clear the fog away, I was dragged from behind, making me have strong impact to a wall. I collapsed with no strength. I was suddenly chained up. Both of my hands are together with a clip chain while my left ankle had a chain to the cement. Laughter was heard from a distance. I tried to find the voice but it stopped.

A figure was in front of me and smiled, "Looks like no one is here to save you." Tails started to flow in the air.
I looked up and noticed the tails. I asked, "Ahri?"
The person started to show off the tails with a small spark of fire, blue burning fire danced on the tails. "Nope, May."
Thinking a way to escape, I rubbed my hands together hoping that the chain would break. I sighed of frustration. "Why are you doing this?"
"Simple." She watches me struggle. "I want you to suffer, just like what Ahri went through, because of you." She spoke with a low tone.
"I didn't do anything to your sister." I told her. "I'm telling you the truth, I did nothing to her."
She smirked at me, "Are you sure?" She raised her hand out. Someone was levitating in mid-air as they approached May. "You see this person." She revealed the person. "The other guys are on the hunt after you and also saving Hyuk." She giggled in joy. "Caleb will have an interesting chat with Hongbin and destroy your crush."
I looked down at my feet. My emotions are playing around. A love and hate relationship bond between Hongbin and I. Horrible memories about the past flashed back but also good times between the two of us. I gave May a glare.
"Don't worry Yuri." May spoke, "I'll make sure he dies in front of your eyes."
I ignored May as I saw Hyuk with cuts and wounds but also blood all over his body. "Leave him alone!" I yelled at her.
She looked deep into my eyes as threw Hyuk down the hall, slamming him to a wall.
I screamed, "HYUK!"
May continue to look into my eyes, "I always had a thing for Leo you know."

I clenched my fist while biting my gum to stay cool. Frustration came into my mind. She has a thing for Leo, yet he betrayed the team. He is the reason why I got her in my vision. He lured the guys away from me and made me get caught right into Caleb's hands. Of course lied to the guys as I watched them walking away from me. Leo looked disappointed but happy in his expressions. I was carried away a dragon. The vision finally stopped as I was back at camp with the boys in the coma.

✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶

After a few days my body left weak and hungry. Hearing my stomach growl is embarrassing but a sign of freedom. The stomach stopped growling as I was woken up by a thought or a voice in my head. The voice has a deep husky tone with regret. I heard the voice say my name a couple of times but then stopped. The person gave up for my response. I wouldn't blame them. I sighed as I got up from my dream land and wondered around alone.

I was in a cave by myself with no trace of the other boys in my dream. A small lake was seen when I reached to the rough ground. Leaves and barks were laid. I sighed as I accidentally broke a bark. The bark echoed along the forest. I placed my hands on the ground. A vibration was heard while a wolf is dashing along the trees, ready to attack me. I rubbed my palm and hid behind an old oak tree. For about two minutes, I stayed quiet and held my breath. Sweat started to appear on my forehead. Wanting to remove is a hassle for me because if I move, I am screwed. The sweat travelled down to my nose slowly. The sweat was visible on the corner of my eyes. After a half-a-second, the sweat dropped.

The wolf looked at my direction and sniffed for scent. I closed my eyes, hoping it would go away. Silence was heard for a minute as I saw the wolf run the opposite direction. I let go of my breath and gasped for air. I smiled to myself as I was 'set free'. The air particles started to feel different. I looked behind and saw May. I cursed as I tried to run away from her. She clenched on of her fist, making the air stop and poisons me. I held my breath.

She's more powerful than I have thought. Having glimpse around my surrounding, I have no choice but to fight. I can't run away anymore. It won't lead me to anywhere. It's all or nothing. Before I faced May, a note suddenly appeared on my palms. It's an old letter from... King Jun. Father's best friend... The letter is old with some wrinkles and rips along with the pale brown colour with a scent of old paper. I started to skim read the letter.

Dear Princess Yuri,

Yuri, Destiny lies on your hands, faith and choices. It's up to you guys to save the world from darkness. Could you, please look after my son, Hongbin as he can help you defeat Oder and his men. I have encountered him before your parents went on that mysterious mission. I have placed a spell on this for you to read it when th time is right and also understand your true powers and meaning of the land. Yuri, it's up to you. Your parents would be so proud of you right now and so am I and the other King and Queens. Our respect goes to you as you have been like a Princess and a daughter to all of us because of your kindness and sacrifices that you have made when you were young.

Thank you for never leaving Hognbin and the boys because you guys have been there for each other, no matter what the diffculties are. 

From King Jun Lee - King Endy

My heart stopped as tears fell. The King and Queens decided to help me now and wants me to follow their legacy. I smiled to myself as they gave me faith and hope to see the others again. Memories when I was little attacked my mind for a few seconds as it showed me times when I laughed with the boys and their parents. I only had a small glance at my mother and father before they left for their mission. My heart ripped as I remembered that they sacrificed themselves for Destiny. Now it's my job to complete the mission and save Destiny. I quickly had a glance of the letter again until I placed it in my pocket.

I have no choice but now face May one more time. I stepped away from the tree and headed towards the footpath with my head down. May laughed as she went insane. Greedy for my power, she started attacking me as I dodged it. She posses the powers of Lightning and Thunder. I really can't do much with my Ice powers and Dark powers... Memories from the letter flashed at me. "Our respect goes to you", " It's you to you guys to save the world" and "Your parents would be so proud of you"...

May laughed as I stood still and thought. She charge at me with her sword as I went back to reality and dodged it with my Ice sword. At the blink of an eye, I somehow pushed her away from me for a second. Strength was felt in my system. It's strange because I never felt it before. I looked up at May as she wiped her blood of from her lips. She chuckled at my 'lucky' counter attack.

Our intense battle continued for about 10 minutes. Blood and cuts are visible on both of us but I wasn't over and so is May. I started to get angry as she teased my love for Hongbin for so many years. I know that I hated him for a long time but I secretly liked him because he was cold heartened to all of the girls. I lied liking Hyuk because it was hide my feelings towards Hongbin. But also the two are best friends and always with each other. I just hope that Hongbin gets my message about Oder. The letter hinted a possible way to stop Oder and that is to find someone with the powers of Light and Darkness to stop him but also defend Caleb. I just don't get how the two are linked to each other.

✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶

As the fight continued in the forest, I felt something on my palms. My hands got heavy like someone is holding my hands tight but also a voice in my head. I stopped and listened to the cry. The person has a deep voice and at a moment I thought that it was Hongbin's voice. He must've stayed with my body. I pressed on my fingers on the palm and whispered.

"Hongbin there is a way to get me out of here... Is to find a way to stop the trance... You can do it. I know you can. I can't do it because I'm in my dream a and that I'm in another fight with May..." I cried softly, "Please save me..."
"Yuri? Is that you?" The voice in my head spoke. "It's me, Hongbin..."
My heart pounded in happiness because I know that I can get out of this dream. 
"I will find a way to  save you." Hongbin paused and prayed. "Just hang in there... please..."

As I got distracted, May approached me with her sword and got me across the stomach. I was pushed back from impact as I tumbled as static electricity prevented me to get up. The devilish smile from May lost my confidence for survival. As she was only an inch from me, a saw some planets around the forest swiftly moved behind May as the vines aimed straight at her.

The vines twisted around her legs. She demanded to be let down as I saw a shadow behind me. The shadow had some vines wrapped around me but they were gentle and friendly. I was placed on my feet. I turned around and saw Hongbin. I embraced him in a second as I was saved. I held hold of him as he warned May to stay away from me.

He held his hand  on my stomach while he looked down at my eyes, "I'm glad that I saved you on time.
My eyes teared up. "Thank you" 
"I'll take you back to reality now." He leaned forward. Our eyes met each other as he slowly came forward. "I am not losing you again..." His sweet voice welcomed me as we kissed. 

Within moments, I came back to reality but Hongbin was laying on my stomach. His warmth welcomed me as I felt a bit  chilly. I admired his time sleeping.  He seems to be in peace but scared. As he continued to snore quietly, I brushed his hair with my fingers. Mumbles were heard from Hongbin, I believe. After a few minutes, I decided to say his name for attention. I held his hand with a light grip as I said his full name. After a couple of tries, our eyes met again, but in reality. Hongbin quickly got up and hugged me in embrace.