Chapter 10 | Captured

New Spirit

Chapter 10

 

After six days away from the Kingdom, we began our journey to stop the darkness spreading across Destiny and stop Odyr once and for all. The boys decided to stay in a cave for the night. Duties has been designated between the guys. Every six hours, one of the boys would be on guard in front of cave in case of an invasion. One for cooking between Leo, Hongbin and I while the rest gets resources each day and night. It was difficult at the beginning but after a day or two, we got used to the jobs. The main priority was keep me safe and away from any danger.

Ravi came back from his night shift as he sat down and ate his dinner while Hakyeon got ready for his shift. Hakyeon moaned in boredom since he is the person that socialise with the others fairly well. The others were asleep while I kept on waking up from nightmares. The nightmares horrified me as I saw Hongbin with blood all over his body and up on a rocky wall with chains. I sighed as I blankly stared at the fire. The only person that was wide awake was Hongbin. He seemed to have his serious face on while thinking of a plan to stop the terror.

Still dazed from the nightmare, I didn’t realise that Hongbin is holding my hands with his warm comfort. It took me a while to get back to reality but he continued to hold my hands. He wondered if I was already as he held my hands tight. His facial expression seems to be upset. I told him that I was fine and it was only a nightmare as I smiled faintly at him. He left go as he told me to rest, I ignored his request as I was afraid of the dream. Hongbin got up and placed his jacket on my shoulder and sat next to me. He began to ask questions about the nightmare. I refused to tell him the horrific dream because I don’t want to make him scared. He started to give his straight face look again and that’s when I turned myself in.

I sighed as I started to shake a bit, “You might not like it…”
Hongbin held my hands again and stared at my eyes. “You know that I am here for you.”
I started to explain about the nightmare, “It was a scary nightmare with you involved.” I paused as I looked at the ground. “You were in chains and up against a wall with blood all over your entire body…”
Hongbin asked, “Was the others in it as well?”
“Yes… The others were in chains and in their own cells but…” I paused for a moment as I got scared. “You were the only one that got tortured.”
Hongbin placed his hand on my turn as he smiled at me. “I promise that I will protect you from anyone and I promise that the boys will be safe.” He slowly lend forward to me.
Still paranoid about the dream I just looked at his gaze.
“I will protect you until the very end of this journey.” He came an inch closer until we got interrupted.
Ken joked, “Just kiss already and go out.”
The other boys including Hakyeon laughed as the two of us awkwardly laughed.
I backed away as I was still scared.
Hongbin shooed the others to be quiet as he looked at my eyes.
I mumbled, “I can’t sleep… I’m too scared.” I wimped.
Hongbin brushed my hair, “I’ll let you rest first just in case the nightmare appears again.”

With agreement, I lied my head on the backpack. As I did, I was asked to put my head up and sleep on Hongbin’s stomach. I refused the offer from embarrassment but then he persuade me to lie on him. Since the backpack had the spell books, it was so bumpy for me to rest on. As I placed my head and body on his stomach, I felt his heart race a bit which made me uncomfortable but I got used to it after a while. The two of us had our small conversation until I became tired and finally rest as Hongbin placed his hand on my stomach to calm me down. 

He started to whisper a song softly to calm me down. I shook a bit but safe as I am with Hongbin. I decided to turn my face and lay on his clothes. I heard his heart beats loud and clear along with his breathing. After a few minutes he sang, it than made me a bit tired and then I slept on him.

 

I was viciously woken up in chains. I peeked around my area and the boys covered in blood and wounds. With small rough examination, we got ambushed and seriously attacked. There was no sight of Hongbin around, as I cried to be released. I was laughed at with a familiar tone that I knew who it belonged to. With a sour and bitter relationship with Caleb, I sighed as I looked at the rocky ground. His surprised welcome made me angry as I couldn’t find Hongbin or be released from the chains. I violently shook my hands around, hoping for it to loosen but up failed. I ended up with cuts and small blood.

Caleb cupped my head with his hands as he softly smiled at me. “Well looks like Romeo is not here to save his Juliet. How pathetic.”
I ignored his gesture as I cursed at him. “Don’t you dare say that about…”
I got cut as Caleb slapped me, “Why?” He leaned towards me as he forced a kiss. “My love…”
“Get off me!” I yelled as I spat on his face. “I will never fall in love with you. You jerk!” With an angry glared from me as I gave him a warning. “He will find out and figure out a way to stop you…” I looked down as I prayed for help.
Laughter was heard as the others witness the kissing scene.
Caleb wiped his face as he threaten to kill Leo if I don’t give myself in to him. “You’re such an idiot, my darling.”
“I am not your partner.”
“Then whose?” He smirked.
A voice was heard with a deep voice. “She’s mine.”
I mumbled, “Hongbin…” I smiled to myself.
Caleb faced Hongbin as I was picked up by him. “If you came any closer…” He paused as he pulled out his sharp dagger upon my neck. “Or she’ll be hurt and be mine.”
Hongbin cursed as he couldn’t do anything. “Take me instead of her.”
I was shocked for a minute. “NO!” I yelled as I cried. “Take me instead, please… Don’t hurt him…” I begged. “Take me please…”
“I am not letting you take her away from me again!” Hongbin dashed towards Caleb with his sword that I have never seen before.

A battle started as the two drew their swords out. A blazing short fight turned into a bloodshed as both parties drew blood from each other. Some of Caleb’s crew decided to join in the fun as Hongbin struggled for a second. The others couldn’t bear it and help out. With myself hopelessly watching the fight in chains, I was drawn away by Ahri. She looked upset as she was commanded to take me away. Ahri looked gloomy as I saw a black shock collar on her neck. It went off for a second as a voice by Caleb was heard. He commanded her to quickly take me away or she will be in big trouble.

The fight made the steel swords cry out in pain as people was exposed to the steel as blood drew out. The boys had no chose but to use their powers against the men but they were well prepared with their armour. Hongbin has the toughest opponent as he is very skilled with his swordsmen ability along with fire. I smelt burning fire as leaves were falling off in the wind. I prayed for a good resolution but I was wrong. I saw Hongbin getting bad wounds as Caleb used his sword skills. Hongbin gave back good attacks but he isn’t an expert in some extent but still manages to attack him.

I was only a couple of yards away from the battle field, moans of pain was heard by Hongbin. I saw Hongbin fell down on the rocky surface. I cried out for his name but I had no response. I let go off Ahri’s chain as I swiftly dashed to Hongbin. He was hopelessly on the ground in deep pain. He was breathing which is a good sign but Caleb walked towards Hongbin with his sword. With this final blow, Destiny and Hongbin would be gone because of me. I screamed out Hongbin’s name as I ran towards him and covered his body with mine. I braced for the impact as I held on to his hands. A powerful blow was felt in my flesh that made me collapse as I tried to get up. I fell down as blood flowed down like slow steam. Caleb laughed as he saw me weak and serious injured as he ordered he ordered Ahri to take me away. I wasn’t able to keep my eyes open. All I see is a forest where I was carried and the boys fighting again to recuse me and Hongbin…                                                                                                                               

✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶

After a day or two from the attack, my body is still in pain but also feels like my entire body is pinned up against a wall. A faint light of burning torch was seen from a distance. Noise of chains crashing the wall made my ears exploded due to the loud noise. I sigh as I was chained up tightly. Both hands stretched out in corners while my legs were together but pinned as well. I screamed out for help but all I got was nothing. I was hopeless. Faith is gone and I caused all the trouble… A voice was heard but it seemed to be far away.

Footsteps were heard with laughter. The door had a small squeak as it opened wide in a dark and shadow cell. The door closed as a bright light of burning fire burned my eyes. Finally, my eyes adjusted to the brightness and saw Caleb. He had a big scar on his left eye. Hongbin must’ve done it. It looks like it was a tough fight because blood was still visible on his shoulder with a scar mark on his bicep. He smirked as he walked towards me with fire on his palm. He tried to calm me down by saying that I will be fine, when I am not.

As he was in front of me, I heard a loud voice in the hallway. “Leave Yuri alone!”
Caleb laughed and smiled at me as he touched my fringe. “I finally get to be with you, my love…”
I ignored him as I looked away.
The voice was heard again. “I will protect you.”
He looked at me in the eyes. “Did you hear that?”
I nodded.
“Good… Because that’s your Romeo.” He laughed as he cupped my face again.
I turned away to avoid him but he forced me to face him again. “I told you to take me…”
“You know that I will never let that happen. I love tormenting people.” He grinned at me as he drew closer to him.
I spat at his face as he slap me.
He warned me, “Don’t you dare be cheeky with me young lady…”
I decided to stir him up. “What would happen if I do that?”
He laughed as he got a long whip and smacked it in mid-air. “You asked for it.” He smiled as he decided to whip me in one blow across my chest.
I let out a cry in pain. “Argh…” I struggled to get back to my sense as I looked at him with disrespect.

The pain continued for at least ten minutes. Red marks appeared in my body as I moaned in pain. I got whip marks across my body with blood slowly spilling out. The throbbing pain continued after he stopped torturing me… Before he left the room, he gave me a kiss which I didn’t enjoy because he placed me in pain but also decided to flow fire at me and make my hands burn. My nerves went crazy as I couldn’t feel my body.

After a couple of hours, my body finally came back to normal without any pain. As I rest during that time, I heard noises again from the hallway and heard the door open with some footsteps. I was cautious about the intruders as I obverse their movements in the dark. Whispers were heard as light was shined again. My eyes burned and took a while to adjust as I heard familiar voices again but lost memories as I stayed in the cell. Is this more torture or a rescue mission?