Chapter 1 | The Party

New Spirit

Chatper 1

 

Walking down the road to my house is a hassle for me with a certain amount of males staring at my body like I am a prey for them to eat.  Grabbed my keys from my pocket and opened my door to my apartment. With the door open, I saw my little kitten lying down on the counter bench sleeping with her purrs tuck inside to keep her warm. I chucked my keys on the counter bench along with my bag near Krystal – my cat. The loud key noise banging on the bench woke up Krystal. She moaned like she was waking up early in the morning as a normal teenager, wanting to go back to sleep. As I patted her head soft, my phone went off, Error – VIXX, I got an incoming call from Ahri.

I answered my phone. “Hello”
Ahri screamed like a little girl, “Did you hear? Hyuk is holding a huge party tonight at eight o’clock tonight.”
I moaned in annoyance. “I’m not going to that party cause of him.”
She complained, “Why not?” She paused. “You use to have a massive crush on him, what happened to the normal you.” Ahri joked.
“Do you want to remember why?” I spoke with regret. “He embarrassed me at his party last year and shouted that…” I got cut.
“Okay” She gave up, “His not like that anymore though Storm.”
I sat down on my couch. “Please explain why?”
“There are rumours going around saying that he wants to apologize to you…” Ahri whispered with a firm tone.
I started to listen properly.
“Please go tonight, just ignore everyone and you’ll be fine.” She laughed awkwardly.
I gave up, “Fine, I’ll go…” I spoke as she screamed. “On one condition, you better hang out with me or I’m gone home.”
Ahri agreed. “Deal” She made quick arrangements, “I’ll be at your place around six thirty tonight.”
“See you then.” I said my goodbye before I hanged up.

As I chucked my phone at the couch, I started to moan with complain about tonight’s plan to the party. I admit it, I want to go to the party but after the memory that I just got from last year at Hyuk’s party. That got me off. I prefer to stay at home being bored than go to his party again after what he did to me. He made a speech and say that he will date me at his party but it was a joke and I fell for it pretty easy. The horror with everyone laughing to me when I though he was serious. I didn’t know that it was a dare by Ahri. That ruined our friendship for a month but in the end, we forgave each other. The only person that I won’t ever forgive is Sanghyuk. I hate him with a passion. I’ll do anything to stop him.

I decided to have a short nap before I go out partying tonight… It better be a good one or I’m gone home. I use to be a party girl, while Ahri use to be the concerned one but now it’s reversed. With a sigh as I slammed my body on my queen-size bed, I decided to place my phone on the bed. I grabbed my pillow and found my comfortable position to sleep. As I started to sleep, I had a short dream out-of-the-blue where I saw a girl that looked like Ahri, dying. I got up and checked my phone. It was a day-dream. Cold sweat started to appear as I went back to my sleeping position. I couldn’t keep my closed. My eyes are still open, thinking about the vision I had with Ahri.

Ahri or the girl that looked like her was tall and skinny. Her hair was layered and it reached up to her waist with the colour red. The red colour of the hair suited the girl as I saw a glance of fire from her fingertips. I only saw the back of her body. I noticed that the girl wore a silver bracelet on her left wrist. Behind the girl was a shadow figure that had the ability of darkness and it somehow killed the girl, I think. I’m not hundred percentages sure, but it seems like it to me.

After a few hours later, I managed to get a nap. My eyes were heavy still from the short rest, but I managed to find my phone without opening my eyes. I quickly checked what time it is, my eyes died for a second from my phones brightness. I got two text messages and three phone calls. One phone call and text message was from Ahri – of course – but the others were from Hyuk. How do I know this? I skimmed read the text messages and it matches the missed calls…

From Hyuk [02:14pm]

Hey Storm, I’m having my birthday party tonight at 7:30pm.
I was wondering if you can go tonight. The reason why I am
sending you a text message is because I know that you won’t
go tonight because of last year… I am real sorry. I want to
explain to you about it.

Hyuk

That creep, why the hell does he want me attend his party? After what he did and this text message, I am not going to it anymore. Why apologize to me after like a freaking year. I am so annoyed right now. I want to have enough beauty sleep but Ahri is nearly here and she will kill me. With a sigh, I read the other text message.

From Hyuk [02:16pm]

By now, if you read the ious message. You would be annoyed
at me. I know, I get it… *sigh* I am extremely sorry about last year. I didn’t
mean to embarrass you. Ahri told me about everything last night.
She didn’t mean to, plus, please come to the party tonight. I have to
tell you something real important…
How can I say this, it’s about your past… Your family, I have to tell
you something and it can help you find them.

Hyuk

How the hell can he know anything about the past? This kid is making my life so complicated at the moment. I want to get away from everything in this society. I don’t fit in it at all. I’m just a nerd that used to get straight A’s and B’s at school but now party. Which I regret the most, especially about last year and other things that made me hate Sanghyuk and his crew. They may seem real hot and y, but they are all jerks expect for one. Leo is the quiet and nice one to everyone. He rarely talks to anyone. The others are just plain jerks and pain-in-the-, especially Hongbin. Hyuk’s crew contains N, Leo, Ken, Ravi and Hongbin.

 

As I got ready for the ‘big’ party, Ahri dropped by my place and helped me do my hair. She decided to dye my hair from jet black hair to light brown hair with some blonde high-lights and also cut my hair where my waist is. With only one-and-a-half-hour left till the party. Ahri picked out my dress for the night. She picked a dress that suited me but the occasion for the dress doesn’t fit. It is just a normal party and I am expected to wear a dress, like what the hell Ahri. The dress is beautiful with the simple and cute design but I don’t want to wear it. With a big no to the dress, I decided to wear my favourite black ripped skinny jeans along with a black singlet with orange, grey and pink small leopard pattern prints on the shirt.

With the fancy fashion things done, Ahri and I decided to go to the party. The party starts in thirty minutes but since it is going to be a huge one, we better go early to find a parking space for us. Got into the car, I suddenly got a private number missed call and along with an unknown message. I would want to call the person but the caller ID number is private, making it hard for me to call them back. I decided to ignore the private number call, so I turned my phone off and put it in my pocket. I don’t usually take my phone to parties at all because it is a party, not a social media event. Plus, I have not seen anyone from school since it started again, for three months. I’ve decided to live in an isolated apartment with no one. It seems peaceful but I miss the social me, but I guess that I am used to be alone from everyone. 

At the party, there are about ten to twenty cars parked near Hyuk’s house. Loud dubstep music started to play loud as the two of us approached to the party. Loud moans of girls screaming appeared as they saw one of Hyuk’s guests taking of the shirt, showing six-glorious-abs. Ahri started to join the girls as we entered the house. I decided to go to the back of the living room and stay in the corner, alone. I do not know how I became the party animal to the quiet friend that does not like to party, but is forced to attend because of their party animal friend. I regret making Ahri the party animal so much. She always goes partying every weekend and makes me to go to one with her every week…

After an hour, it started to get a bit out of hand as some couples went upstairs and had their ‘own fun’ in Hyuk’s rooms. Luckily it is his eighth party tonight. He is luckily that I am a week after his birthday for my eighth birthday, again without any family members at all. Which is depressing to be honest, but I am used to celebrating just to myself without anyone or anything happen. I just stay at home all day, without going out. Some students started to go outside and let their clothes off and ‘have fun’ which is completely uncomfortable.

From the corner of my eyes, I saw Ahri going outside with the group of students and then all of a sudden, start to strip off her clothes. I was embarrassed when she started. I will not let this happen to her or myself. I started to run up to her but I was block by a big crowd of people. I asked to make way but they pushed me back, forcing me bumping into built guys. One guy looked at me with disgrace and told me to back off from him. I was scared so I treated to leave but more people bumped me back and I ended up bumping into the guy that told me to back off. He grabbed my singlet and lifted me up with rage in his voice. I kept my eyes shut and I heard some people cheering the guy to hit me.

Okay I admit. It is completely my fault. I shouldn’t have attended this party because I know that something bad would happen to me, as the usual. After the guy finished yelling at me, he dropped me on the floor and started to spit at my face along chucking beer at my face. I had enough of it so I pissed as I tried to give a swing at him. The guy grabbed my wrist and gave a smirk as I looked down with disbelief of my action. What a childish act Storm. The guy started to block my punches and counter-punched me with a one-hit-KO in the ribs. I collapsed on the ground as the crowded cheered on the fight and got disappointed with my quick defeat. I prayed for someone to save me from death.

As I got up, I had a small blood dripping from my lips but I wiped it and all of a sudden.  A vision occurred in a forest, one beautiful girl that had a long wavy purple hair that had some light and dark highlights of the purple, fair skin, soft brown eyes that was filled with water and in pain. The girl wasn’t alone, she was with a guy that looked similar to Hyuk but wore a formal warrior prince uniform. The uniform had a daggy cape that was maroon and brown mixed together, pockets in the cape that had daggers and a sharp thin-bladed sword placed in the cape to carry, the guy had a his hair up and the hair was yellowish blonde. The guy was tall, fairly taller than the girl that I saw in the vision. The two were in grief about a body that was placed on a rocky riven, covered with blood on the ground and body. The vision indicated that the body was ambushed by a creature or someone with wicked power that couldn’t be stopped, instead the person died.

 

The vision stopped as I heard loud shouts from a male that I am not familiar with. My eyes slowly opened as I felt some blood dripping from my hands. I looked up and saw Hyuk fighting with the built guy. Guilt appeared in me as the two started to have a punch up fight but Hyuk had his pain-in-the- friend Hongbin stopped the fight and kicked the guy out. With a hand offered from Hyuk, I ignored it as I got up by myself and felt dizzy and collapsed again landing on someone with my eye sight blurred.

My body is still weak and tired from the vision. Again, the new vision is on repeat. A huge castle is within the castle and the same two people that were in the old vision are in it but they are now in the castle but with twisted tree vines everywhere within the walls of the castle. The nature made a new home in the kingdom. The Princess got caught by one live tree vine and it picked her up into mid-air. The vine had thick sharp thorns digging into the Princess flesh. With blood dripping from both of her hands, she screamed for help. That’s where the vision ends.

Stiffness started to attack my arms as I woke up in a bed. The force of the power is actually strong, that I cannot even lift my arms up. I suddenly opened my eyes and got up naturally as I had a nightmare. I rubbed my eyes as I saw Hyuk sitting in a chair next to the bed. I turned my head around to avoid his eye-contact. What is that person doing? Is this all planned? I heard the music from the party still going off. It’s only ten-twenty-five and I was ‘knocked out’ for an hour or so. With my swinging my legs to stand up, I fell down but I was caught by Hyuk. I gave him a disgusted look as he took me down the stairs.

When we made it to the bottom of the stairs, I walked my way to the door. I was blocked by jerk face Hongbin.

“Let me go home.” I wined.
Hongbin laughed. “This is Hyuk’s party, not yours.” He teased.
I tried to grab the door knob but he took my hands off. “Fine then, I will walk home from the back.”
He grabbed my hands, “Not a chance, sweet heart.”
I swang my hands free. “Jerk”
“You better stay till it is over, Hyuk.” He teased me as he disappeared.

Rage started to appear in my body as my blood started to boil, but it is under control. I stomped my way out of the house and go through the embarrassing ‘fun’ outside, when I see Ahri loosing herself to three guys. I ignored her as I started walking home, which is about half-an-hour to get there. At least that it is better than staying here. I rather drop-dead then go near ‘Jerk Face’ Hongbin and Hyuk. It annoys me that Ahri is still their friend and ignores me for popularity.

As I was only twenty minutes to my apartment, my phone went off and I answered the phone, “Hello?” I asked.
“Where are you?” I heard Ahri panicking.
I sighed, “I’m on my way home. You stay at the party. Don’t worry about me.” I told her with a calm voice.
“It’s too dangerous.” She yelled.
I sighed.
She freaked out, “If you forgot or didn’t watch the news, there is a ert on the loose in the streets.”
“Ahri, I don’t watch the news, remember.” I spoke as I was cut as I saw a blue car.
“If you see a blue car, run. Do not ask why. Run.” She freaked out.
“Ehh…. Ahri” I studded, “Next time, please warn me earlier.”
Ahri asked, “Why?”
“Cause I see a blue car.”
She started to cry. “Run!” She panicked, “Luckily Hongbin and Hyuk are looking for you.”
“Tell them to stop and that I am home.” I told. “I don’t want to see them.”
“Listen to me.” She yelled.
I didn’t protest, “This ert kidnaps girls and kills them…” She spoke with sorrow.
I swallowed. “I have to go, I will call you when I am safe.”
“Storm!” Ahri yelled, “What are you doing?”
“Running away from the creeper,” I hanged up. “I’m so sorry…” I started to run the opposite way as the blue car started to go after me.

With only three blocks to my place, I decided to run back to the party. I regret leaving my apartment tonight. If I stayed home, I would have been alright. I guess. As I ran for my life, I saw Hongbin’s car going pass as I gave a death glare to him. Hyuk got out of the car and started cashing me. I don’t want to do anything with him. So I started to sprint for my life as I finally caught by Hyuk. I tripped to a tree in a park. Hyuk also fell but managed to catch me. I had my eyes shut as I feel down. Scared what would happen next, I feel gravity falling for me? I open my eyes and I was falling to my doom with Hyuk.