Chapter 3 | Destiny

New Spirit

Chapter 3 

 

As Hyuk explained that he needs to tell me something, Hongbin nods and started running along with Hyuk as he grabbed my wrist. Wondering what he wants to tell me is a big guess. I stayed quiet as we swiftly ran through the forest until we haltered in front of a castle. The castle seems reasonably huge and tall. The gate was opened and slowly went down as guards came towards us. I held tight to Hyuk and hid my face. Hongbin talked to one of the guards, like a royal while another guard started to question about me. Hyuk told the guard that I am the person that the ‘King’ has sent.

With nods of agreements, the guards like us through the castle. As we went pass the gates, we saw more guards with some civilians greeting Hyuk and Hongbin like Princes. Confused thoughts attacked my head when I was started by the civilians with welcome handshakes. Wondering what is going on, I was ignored by Hyuk as he assigned me to go up the steps to the castle with Hongbin. Hyuk disappeared as Hongbin took over to ‘look after me’. Two big wooden doors opened two guards was on both sides, greeting Hongbin while the civilians cheered for him.

Hongbin whispered, “We’ll explain later.”
I rolled my eyes, “You better.”
He chuckled, “Why do you hate me so much?”
“Because I can.” Was my reply.

The doors leaded to a huge meeting room with seven chairs. As I saw who was on the chairs, I saw Hyuk and his other mates – great - with an elder male. The elder male wore a gold crown with some diamonds and rubies. All six of them wore hoods but different colours with different symbols on them. As I meet up to the others, Hongbin decided to ditch me to sit on his golden plated chair. Butterflies’ started to attack my stomach.

The elder male stepped on his feet and started to walk towards me.
I gasped as I stepped back.
“No need to be afraid.” The elder male spoke.
I didn’t speak.
He let his hand out for a handshake, “You must be Storm.”
I nodded, “How do you know me?” I thought.
“If it wasn’t for Hyuk or Hongbin, you would’ve been in grave danger.”
I looked up at Hyuk, as I saw a smirk him along with Hongbin.
“It’s a pleasure to greet you my lady.” He walked behind me.
“I’m sorry, but what’s your name?” I politely asked. 
He chuckled. “How rude of me,” he joked. “You can call me Oder, but Your Highness would also do.”
I stayed quiet.


Oder walked back to his seat. “Welcome to Destiny,” He explained, “Along with me is 6 Prince Rulers of this World. Hyuk -  Ruler of Arwick (Air), Hongbin – Ruler of Endry (Earth), Ravi – Ruler of Mader (Metal/Strength), Ken – Ruler of Wynth (Water), Leo – Ruler of (Libra) Light and Hakyeon – Ruler of Judice (Teleport). There is two other Princes that rules in Destiny, but they are evil.”
“I’ll explain the rest.” Hyuk offered, “I need to tell you this.” He paused.
Oder agreed as he left the room with some guards.
I asked nervously, “What is it?”
“Samuel – Ruler of Benty, he has the power of a vampire… and Tim – Ruler of Kora, he can transform in to a wolf.” He started to explain. “When you were little, before your parents disappeared....”
I cut him, “What about them.” My eyes started to get watery.
Hakyeon butted in, “What he is saying…” He paused and took a deep breath. “Your parents had a mission to save you from Tim’s mother… but them under estimated her…”

My body shot with those words. I looked up at Hyuk for a second and thought about the past. Wanting to argue about my parents, I decided to stay quiet. I excused myself to leave the room and asked to go to a private area to get some fresh air. Hongbin asked one of the guards to me to a place within the castle. I followed the guards as I gave a glared look at Hongbin. I still hate on Hongbin after what he did to be in the past. I will never forgive him until he has a good reason. As I walked through some hallways, the castle has marble walls with some patterns each section, I would believe. The patterns look similar to the patterns that the other was wearing on their hoods. After walking pass two sections of the floor, the guard leaded me into a balcony. The guard closed the door he explained that he would be guarding it outside with clear others from Hongbin.

The balcony has a large area of space, with white marble floor and walls. You could see the markets outside of the castle. The streets covered with mud, people wondering around the shops for items along with some cattle for butcher. I was at least 10 meters above from the streets, so they won’t be able to spot me on the balcony. The Sun was clear and lovely as it was shining in the clear blue sky. The Sun shone with its bright colours of heat penetrating to the world with its heat but it seems to be controlled as the wind is breezing through.  The view was lovely, until I heard the door open. Hongbin came through – Great – with some clothes on his hands while carrying boots.

“Wear these, it’s for your protection and it suits you well.” Hongbin acted nice as he passed you the clothes.
I shot him stares, “What is it with you now?” I asked. “One minute you’re horrible to me, the next minute you’re nice.”
He laughed as he got into my face, “Just be glad that I saved you, for once.” Hongbin was at my face, staring into my eyes.
The doors opened again as I heard a voice breaking the awkward moment. “What are you doing here?” The person asked with a soft voice.
“Oh Leo,” Hongbin acted strange. “I’ll go back to train the solders.”
Leo nodded as Hongbin walked out of the door.
I stared at my folded clothes.
“Don’t mind Hongbin.” Leo spoke. “Ever since we came back here, he has been acting strange.”
I nodded.
“I’ll take you to your room,” Leo offered me a small tour to my room as he stayed quiet.

The guards opened the door with their hands solute to their forehead with a nod. The door closed as the guards walked to a different direction then me and Leo. Walking through the castle is so confusing… There were about six different sections of the castle in one level. We walked up a flit of stairs, as it leaded to rooms of the castle. Walking down the hallway was nerve racking since I saw the house clearers and slaves bowing down to Leo was respect while one young laid that looks about fifth-teen years old was at a door with her uniform on and opened the door for Leo. Leo greeted me into the room, as the young maid closed the door and waited for orders from Leo.

Young maid bowed, “It is a pleasure to be your maid Ms…?” She tried to find my name.
I smiled, “You can call me Yuri.” I turned to Leo, “Since the enemy knows my name, I would like to change my name please.”
Leo thought about it, “It’s risky but you may change your name, Yuri.” He decided to leave with a smirk.
“I’m May,” May smiled.
Leo ordered, “Oder wants you to walk around the castle for a tour, and also if you do know your special ability, please inform me or the others straight-away…” He walked up to me and whispered into my ear, “Do not tell Oder. We still don’t trust me.” He backed off and closed the door as he left.
“Yuri, the King has ordered me to give you a warm bath and to be ready as soon as possible.” She dashes to the bathroom.

Still lost and confused on what is going on, I giggled as I saw May dashed to the bathroom in a cute way. With a nod, I knocked on the bathroom door. May come out and warned me about the hot water. I smiled as I thanked her, I also told her that she does not need to be a maid to me all the time, as that I would like her to have freedom as well. The warm steam welcomed my body as I undressed myself from my dirty clothes. I wiped the fog off the mirror to see my face. My skin looks more as it used to be. No more acne, which is a huge relief for me, but also noticed that my skin is lighten a bit along with my eyes is now light brown. The sudden change surprised me a bit, since I don’t look like myself.

I took a deep breath as I placed the tip of my fingers to feel the water temperature. It is still a bit hot but the cold water is rapidly toning it down. I noticed that May placed some pink petals into the bath - it was nice of her to do.

 

Having a small nap in the bath is peaceful, as I shut my eyes and let my mind set free. I started to have a vision, a vision of Ahri. The vision is blurry but reasonable to see. I was in the palace sitting on one of the chairs, some of guards dragged Ahri to the meeting hall as the King ordered. I didn’t know what she did, but it must be terrible.

“Ahri Swain…” Oder spoke.
She stayed quiet with her face with hatred and anger in it.
Oder raised his arm to let the guards of her, “You must be brave enough to even come into the Kingdom.” He spoke with a sharp tone. “Which one of the other ‘Kings’ sent you here, on a mission?” He yelled.
Ahri kept shut.
Oder yelled at her, “SPEAK!”
“Tim and Samuel here to capture and kill the Pure Princess.” She yelled back and stared at me.
Oder had a small shock and stayed quiet. It was a bit suspicious for me and even some of the other boys noticed.
Silence was the King’s weakness as he finally spoke again. “Who is that?”
Ahri had an evil laugh to share, “I was MEANT to be the PURE Princess,” She stopped as she stood up.
The guards had their eyes on her.
She continued, “But SHE,” Ahri pointed at me… “She TOOK my role, as the REAL Pure Princess.”
Oder looked at me for a moment with a glare.
I looked down and felt a hand on my right hand for encouragement. I looked up, it was Hongbin.
Hongbin smiled for a bit and stood up, “How dare you speak like that to the Princess. You dare to speak like that to her again, than you’ll be thrown to the dungeon.” He threated my best friend while the others agreed.

The vision continued, as my mind was lost about thoughts with Ahri. Is she really the person I knew and grew up with, or was that all a lie? My heart just shattered into pieces. This can’t be her. It must be a set up. I looked down as my eyes started to get watery. Trying to keep them in is a struggle. I decided to get up respectfully as I was asked to leave the room and ordered to be alone for a while, while I asked two guards to follow me to the balcony.

 

The vision was about to finish but I was interrupted by May as she banged on the door to finish. Oder wants to speak to me. I got out of the bath and dried myself. Once I finished, I asked May to hang me my clothes so I can change in the bathroom and do my hair. Hongbin gave me a lovely gold shirt that suits well for the palace and also matching skinny jeans. It may seem odd but it fits well. As I curiously looked around the bathroom, I found make-up. I put on foundation for my skin to lighten up a bit, put on eyeliner with a of it out towards near my eye brows and peach cream coloured lipstick. I haven’t put on make-up for a long time, but I know how to put it on and the limits of it.