Chapter 5 | Powers

New Spirit

Chapter 5

 

May took a deep breath before she told us the story. I grabbed her hands, so she knows that I am here for her. I smiled at her while she smiled back. Her face went down as she started to talk about her past and encounter with Oder.

Her voice started in a soft and scared tone. "I was only nine years old when I saw my parents getting slaughtered in front of my eyes." She stated. "It was when my mother was selected to be a maid for the Libra's Queen, Leo's mother..." She grabbed my hands tight as she continued. "My family was delighted to be chosen and allowed to enter in the Castle. We had to share one small room that managed to let us settle down really well." She smiled to herself, "I was happy that I can go outside in the garden and play with the horses. I was the youngest person in the Castle, along with you, Prince Leo. I was in the garden for a while, one day until I met Oder..." May closed her eyes as she continued, "Oder wanted to know what I was doing in the Castle. I told him that my mother was offered a job as a maid and some other family things." She looked up at me. "He had a strange grin and his face which made me scared. So I ran straight to my mother. My mother was in the Royal's Meeting Room with the King and Queen of Libra." She stopped for a minute.
I hugged her, "If you think that it's your fault. It's not." I looked at her in the eyes. "You were only nine years old. You didn't know what to do when you met Oder, a stranger." 
She looked at Leo with a scared face, "I'm so sorry... I shouldn't have run to my mother..."
Leo looked at her with a confused look. "What do you mean?"
May mumbled, "If I didn't run to my mother... than your parents and Libra would've been fine..." She took a deep breath, "I leaded Oder to the King and Queen, and also to the Kingdom..." She whispered softly, "I accidently got everyone killed..."

Leo's face was blank with rage. "I knew that something was odd when I first saw you after my parent's death!" He got up. "It was you..."
"She didn't mean to Leo," I got up from the bed. 
He charged towards May. "I should've killed you long ago!"
I ran up to Leo to stop him, "Knock it off!" I got hurt when he stabbed me with his sword by accident. "What happens if that was you?" I asked him as I collapsed while holding in the blood from my ribs. "What happens if you accidently lead Oder to kill the King and Queen or your parents, when you are only nine years old without any clue?"
Leo stopped for a second. "I'll hate myself forever." He stormed out of the room.

"Yuri!" May wrapped up a towel to stop the blood. "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to..." She got cut.
Hongbin tap her shoulder, "You know that it wasn't your fault." He smiled, "It is okay May. I know that you didn't mean to..." He felt sorry for both May and Leo. "I'll have a chat with Leo about this." 
I nodded as I felt some sharp pains, "Ouch." 
"But first, I'll take you to the nursery section." Hongbin picked me up in a bridal way. 
I thought, "What about May?"
May looked down and blamed herself, "I'll talk to Hyuk to look after you for a while, okay May?" Hongbin looked at her with a grin.
"You'll be okay. I promise you that I'll take care of you, if you like it or not." 
She nodded. 

I blushed when May opened my door for Hongbin. She closed the door behind her and stayed inside my room. I feel so bad for May. My cheeks started to heat up when I saw Hongbin's facial structure again along with his muscles that I can feel.  Hongbin looked down to me as I hid my face in a rush. Preventing him to see me blush like a hopeless girl with cherry pink cheeks. He chuckled as we down the stairs to a section of a six sided star. Hongbin knocked on the door, finding Hakyeon opening the door up. We entered the room. 

The room seems practically big for a nursing area. Hongbin placed me down a bed and held a bandage on the wound. Hakyeon rushed to get some alcohol to stop the blood from bleeding a lot. Without saying anything since I'm in pain, Hongbin decided to tell Hakyeon about the incident with Leo and May. Hakyeon nodded and understands the situation for Leo and also May. We all agree that May didn't mean to lead Oder to Leo's parents. I am guessing that Leo would do anything to get May back... I'm just worried about her but also for Leo. I don't want him to go dark to get revenge. I just hope that he understands. 

With some alcohol being rubbed on my wound, I moaned in pain as Hongbin tried to ease me but I kept on moving due to the strong sting. My rib fills like there are a lot of needles pinning through them and getting crashed. Hakyeon told Hongbin to get something, but I didn't understand what they said. I started to get wiry and my eyes felt heavy. I couldn't hang on for much as my eyes finally shuts themselves. Stiffness crawled through my back and legs, I couldn't move. My body felt like they were attacked but with ease and with my wound. I managed to fall asleep but still feeling the pain.

 

After a couple of minutes, I received another vision for some reason. Nothing like the ious visions, I started to have feelings of each movement - just like I was there. A familiar figure walked towards Hongbin and I. The figure was dark with shadows but it reminded me of May for some reason. The person raised their arms indicting an ambush on me and Hongbin. Hongbin cursed as he kept me close to him. He gave me his sword as he told me that he will fight with his Earth Mage. The person laughed historically as the person light up fire near Hongbin. 

There were three odd creatures that came towards me. They seem dead but they are not skeletons. The creature's looks like a disturbed alligators but have some human features. The alligators ran towards me with their swords. I swiftly swung my sword around like an idiot but managed to keep my posture. After a couple of swings, I got a hang on it. I smiled as I swiftly turned around, dodging the attacks with swift straight cuts. One alligator fell down and turned to dust. The other two looked at each other with more rage. Did I just kill their pale? I ran towards the forest more but got caught through a vine. I lost Hongbin's sword as I was picked up by the vine. The vines had spikes and the spikes pierced through my skin as some blood started to drain. 

I screamed for help as I thought about my powers. I don't know my powers... This makes life more difficult for me... The vines continued to dig into my skin as I think of something. I closed my eyes and slightly pushed my hands and I felt something coming out of my hands. I opened my eyes. The vines are frozen solid. I wiggled a bit and the frozen vine broke into pieces. It was like snowing but a dead vine. I laughed to myself softly as I looked at my hands. My hands had some snowflakes off my palms. I thought to myself, "What is this? Is this my power?" I grabbed Hongbin's sword as I sprinted to the person that was fighting Hongbin. As I got up to Hongbin, my eye was open. I couldn't see what happened. 

 

I was still in Hakyeon's nursery room and laying on the bed with Hongbin next to me as he placed a wet towel on my forehead. I looked around for a second. Chilled was felt on my palms. I checked my palm as I saw small snowflakes. This was from my vision. Why is this happening to me? So the vision help me find my power, I can freeze things into Ice and make it snow... What? I got up. Hongbin was worried for a second and I checked my palms again but slightly pushed them up into the air. Some snow particles appeared out of nowhere. I giggled to myself as Hongbin looked lost at me. 

Hongbin asked, "How did you learn that?"
I shrugged, "I had a vision, you see." I explained to him about my vision. "I was in the forest with you. It was an ambush from someone that looked similar to May. The person had a power of fire and you attacked the person while I had creatures that looked like alligators... I ran into the forest and I was attacked by a vine and I somehow destroyed it with Ice..." I smiled to myself like a cute little innocent girl. "I have power of Ice."
He smirked as he quickly told Hakyeon while I was distracting myself.

I checked my wound as I opened the bandage. I looked at it, blood dripped slowly as I felt some stings to it. The alcohol stopped the blood dripping rapidly. As I observed the wound, I placed my finger on it and pressed on it hard. Stings attacked me as I moaned in pain. Hakyeon rushed to me with Hongbin. Hakyeon had a go at me because I put some pressure on my wound, when I wasn't meant to. I looked at him like an idiot. I felt no pain after his lecture at me. I looked at my wound again. I saw the wound close up slowly. Hongbin noticed the wound. He bumped Hakyeon to look at my skin slowly covering the wound. Hakyeon was surprised as he asked me what I did. I told him that I just touched is with some pressure and its all better now. 

Hongbin smiled at me, "You also have healing powers, Yuri." 
"Just like your mother," Hakyeon smiled. "I shouldn't tell you this, but your mother taught me how to be a nurse."
I looked at him in the eyes, his eyes seems calm with some guilt. "Thank you for looking after me Hakyeon." I gave him a small bow. I got up from the bed and messed his hair a bit.
"Hey," He complained.
Hongbin laughed, "I'll tell the others about your Ice and Healing powers." 
I grabbed Hongbin's arm, "Please don't tell Oder or anyone please, especially not May." I looked at him in the eyes. 
He nodded with agreement. "I'll take you on a tour first then you can go to sleep."
Hakyeon smiled to himself when he saw us talking like good friends, "Since when you guys are close?" He teased.
I looked at Hongbin for a second. He treated me like before... I thought to myself. "You know that I forgive you." I smiled at him as I warned him, "I'll still remember that." I . "Just be glad that I can heal myself." I acted innocent as I left the room.
Hongbin was lost when I left the room. His blank face made him look adorable.

I slapped myself. YURI. STOP LIKING HONGBIN! He is a friend, a friend. Not a lover. A friend, get it? I giggled to myself. I don't know why my mind thinks of Hongbin... I still have to be careful about him. It's still weird how he is all nice to me. I just gotta be cautious about him, but I mainly have to be cautious and worried about myself more about Oder. He is acted suspicious around me lately. I heard the boys mention Oder acted strange in the secret meeting. I think I surprised Oder and when I allowed May to have some freedom. 

I walked down the hallway and looked around the sections. One section has a phoenix sign, I started to get noisy and slowly opened a door. I slowly opened the door and saw some guards doing some weights and exercises... Wow, it may seem weird, but the guards are wearing casual gym clothes. Even some has no shirts on... I gulped as I saw some of them with nice abs and do some push-ups. I looked around the room and saw Ravi. Ravi was instructing some guards until he saw me snooping around as he noticed me on the glass mirror. He turned to me as I quickly closed the door. I quickly ran to the stairs. Ravi heard Ravi chuckle for a moment when he said Hello to me.