Chapter 4: First Meeting

My Lovely Sister

 

Hey guys! The whole story is a flashback when Yoon Se Na and Kang Jong Hee first meet and find out they're sisters.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

*No One's POV*  

     Kang Jong Hee fixed her long brunette hair to one side and adjusted the sunglasses on her face. She gripped her suitcase in her left hand and held her phone on her right.

      Looking up from the small screen, she smiled as she watched two little girls run around the airport with their mother running after them and scolding them. She almost laughed when she saw the dad running after his family members, hauling the multiple heavy luggage behind him.  

    'It would have been nice to have a family like that.' She thought. Then, she is reminded of her own father.  

    Mr. Kang died just a week ago due to a fatal car accident that took his life right on the spot. A drunk couple ran a red light and collided right into the side of the car. He was declared dead when he was brought to the hospital.   

    A day before he died, however, he finally told her about her mother, and that she has two younger sisters. She was surprised when she found out the oldest of her younger sister had died, but she was told the names of her mother and sisters.

     'Yoon Hae Ra. Yoon So Eun. Yoon Se Na.'

     Her father's funeral just wrapped up a few days ago. Now, she would have to visit another grave, but her mother's.     

"2014 is the worst year ever." she mumbles to herself.    

  Jong Hee walks into Starbucks to grab some coffee when she sees a man with red hair check her out while she's ordering. She smirks to herself. After she gets her coffee, she hauls her suitcase and sits down in his table.  

    "I can sit here, right? Not waiting for anyone?" He laughed and shook his head.     

"I'm Seo Jae Young." he introduced himself. 'That name sounds familiar.'    

  "I'm Kang Jong Hee." She replied. He leaned closer.     

"Your name sounds familiar... Are you... An artist?"  

    "What kind of artist?" She winked at him.  

    "Painter." he replies, although she saw the blush on his face.   

    "Why, yes, I am."    

   He smiles kindly at her.   

    "Well, I'm honored to meet such an amazing artist. I'm a big fan of your work."    

   She raised her eyebrow at him and openly checked him out. 'He does seem like the type of guy that enjoys art.'

     "Then you must be Producer Seo Jae Young, and the former CEO of PKS Entertainment." He nodded.   

   "But I prefer you to remember me as Producer Seo."  

    Jong Hee nodded and leaned back in her chair to sip some of the hot coffee.    

  "Interested in a night together, Producer Seo?" He raised his eyebrow. Jong Hee smiled in response. She's always been a blunt person.     

"Alright." He replied.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~    

 

  Yoon Se Na smiled as she looked at the grave. Her mother's heartwarming smile showed clearly in her memory.   

   "Umma... It's been hard for me, since you've died." Se Na started.    

  "But, I'm getting better everyday. Hyun Wook is treating me well, so don't worry. Remember my best friend Joo Hong? She's really close to her birth date for the baby."

     "How are you and So Eun unnie? I really miss you two. My career is taking off well. I know you two would be proud of me."    

  Se Na stopped talking when she hears leaves crunch and an "ow" sound. She looks behind her to see a woman with dark crimson roses that means 'mourning'.   

   Jong Hee walked up to the confused girl with a smile plastered on her face.  

    "Do you know my mom?"  Jong Hee asked. Se Na stepped back.  

    'Mom?' Se Na thought. She looked around at the other graves.  

    "Uh, what?" Was all Se Na could manage.    

  "Yoon Hae Ra. Do you know her? I'm her daughter."    

  Se Na's breath caught in . She stared at the woman's face.  

    'Not, she can't be. I only have one older sister.' But Se Na couldn't deny it. The woman looked like a younger version of her mother. The woman looked more like her mom than So Eun or herself did.  

    "That's not right. I think you're mistaken. My mom only had two kids. Me and my older sister who's also dead." Se Na gestured to the grave right by her mom's.  

    "You must be my dongsaeng, Yoon Se Na. Right?" Jong Hee questioned.    

  "How do you know my name?"

     "Long story short, my dad impregnated mom and had me. Their relationship didn't work out too well, so they split and I moved with my dad. Then, mom met your dad, I guess, so that's how you and So Eun happened." explained the older sister.  

    'I must be going crazy.' Se Na decided. Jong Hee smiled sweetly at her taller, younger sister and said one more thing.     

"Let's get to know each other more."