Chaoter 9: Finding Out

My Lovely Sister

Author's Note: Hello. I'm back with a new update. Enjoy! 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Yoon Se Na's POV*

 

     "Trainee?!" I repeat. Did Hae Yoon just personally scout my sister? 

 

     "Yeah. I want to recruit her." 

 

     "We'll be outside." the black-haired guy says. The other boys follow him. Only Shi Woo stays, until the blonde haired guy comes back and drags him out. 

 

     "You want to recruit me?" Jong Hee questions. Her expression is blank. Why does she have to be so confusing like that? 

 

     "Well of course. You have the visual. If you can't sing, you can dance. If you can't dance, you can sing. If you can't do either, we'll teach you." 

 

     "Heol. Daebak. This is amazing." my sister says. A wide grin makes its way on her face. 

 

     "But I actually want to audition."

 

     "We can do it now." 

 

     Wow. Is she really content in having my unnie become a trainee? 

 

     "Aren't the others supposed to judge with you?" I ask. "I don't want her to end up like me because she was scouted from a higher-up." 

 

     I don't want her to experience the things I did when Hyun Wook personally brought me into the company. As much as I hate to admit, it was hell for me. I did put up with it for the music though. 

     "Okay. Then I'll give you four days so that you can prepare and practice for the audition that I'll set up." Hae Yoon says. 

     "That'll be enough time." 

     "Now, Se Na, let's talk about the guys' duet." 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

     I sit down on the mattress. After I finished with work, I came home with Gong Chul. Jong Hee is laying down. She's on her phone, scrolling down a webpage. The screen is illuminating a bright light which displays on her face in the dark room. 

     "Unnie, are you seriously going to audition?" 

     "Se Na-ah," she begins. She sets down her phone and pulls me closer to her. I'm now laying beside her.

     "It's cold." she says. Her face is buried in my neck.

     It's weird. I know this is normal to some siblings, but I'm just not comfortable having intimate contact with her like this. I guess you could say I still don't trust her much. 

     Thinking of her, I think of the bloody message on the wall. I sigh. Someone is out to get her and I need to know why. 

     "It's depressing." she says. It takes me a minute to figure out what she's talking about. I look at her phone and I see a picture of a tree. Realization hits me. It's the same tree in Jong Hee's backyard. It's where someone hung her. The police tried to get her to tell them what happened, but she wouldn't talk. 

     I quickly grab her phone and check the sender. Within a second, the message automatically deleted. Shoot. No. This can't be happening. Jong Hee sits up and peers over my shoulder. The phone vibrates and I see another message from a restricted sender. 

     'I'm watching you all.' Then another message. 'The baby will probably be a cute young fellow.' Then another. 'If it lives.' 

     My jaw drops and the messages mysteriously delete again. I turn around and see my sister biting her hand again. 

     "Unnie, no, calm down." I say and pull her into a hug. 

     My heart is beating fast. Whoever is out there is threatening to us. Joo Hong and her baby isn't safe if we stay here with her for any longer. I need to tell the police, but what would I say? 

     Jong Hee starts pushing me away.

     "No." she says. 

     "No." she repeats. Tears fell from her eyes as she bit her hand again. Then a loud scream erupts from her. That definitely woke the whole neighborhood. 

     "Unnie!" I jump on her and keep her from biting her hand off. 

     "Se Na! Jong Hee-ah! What happened?" Gong Chul runs in. 

     He's shocked to see me fighting Jong Hee. In trying to keep her pinned, but it's harder than I thought.

     "Call the ambulance!" I shout. There's something wrong with Jong Hee. And I need to find out. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

     "Has she been taking her medication?" the doctor asks. My eyebrows furrowed. I stare at my older sister, who's now laying peacefully on the hospital bed. 

     "What?" Was all I could manage. 

     "Her medication for her bipolar disorder?" 

     Bipolar disorder? She never told me. That must be the reason why she has excessive mood swings. 

     "She ran out." 

     "Okay. Well I'll just prescribe her the medication then." 

     I look back at my sister. 

     "Why does she suddenly bite her hand?" I ask. 

     "Well some people with that disorder do that to keep themselves in check." 

     I couldn't reply. I felt really bad for not being able to be a good little sister to her. I can't protect her from whoever the he is out to get her. I can't comfort her. But I will do anything to keep her safe and stable from now on. 

     Moo Yeol's face appears in my mind. I nod. Jong Hee always waved my questions off when I tried asking a bit more about her. Moo Yeol must know some information. I need to see him. Then, I need to move out from Joo Hong's place. My main priority, however, is to find out who is terrorizing my sister. 

     As I look at my beautiful sister, I think about how hard her life must have been. She didn't have a mom, she had a bipolar disorder. Someone has a horrible grudge against her, and she's just completely mysterious. I can never tell what she's thinking. 

     I study her flawless features. I'm jealous. She's stunning even when she's sleeping. Even her breathing makes your breath catch in your throat. As much as I hated to admit, the more I look at Jong Hee, the more beautiful she becomes, even more than So Eun. 

     My thoughts trail back to the scene in the dressing room. I hate it. She made me question my uality at that very moment when she revealed her curvaceous body to me. I thought I was jealous of her body at first when she pilled down her towel. But then, I realized I found it attractive the second time she exposed her skin. She's gorgeous. I shake my head.

     A person like that, she must have been really lonely then. I know for a fact that most people like that, bipolar and beautiful, are lonely people. How alone and scared she must have felt. I could somehow relate. When So Eun unnie died, and my mom shortly after, I had no one to share my problems with. Thank goodness I found Joo Hong again though. 

     Jong Hee whimpers. Her hand goes up next to her head and brushes my fingers. I grasp her hand. 

     "You have me from now on. You'll never be alone again."