Chapter 10: Unanswered Questions

My Lovely Sister

Author's Note: Hi hello. It's been a long time. Sorry. Happy 2015! I know. I'm 9 days late but oh well. I don't consider it late if I say "Happy 2015" really. Here's the next chapter! Short but still.... Sorry if I made any mistakes. I figured I should at least give you guys a chapter. Here it is! 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Yoon Se Na's POV* 

 

     "Why didn't you tell me...?" I drift off and hope Jong Hee gets what I'm talking about. She looks down and sighs. 

 

     "I didn't want you to worry." she replies in a soft tone. I sit down on the hospital bed. 

 

     "You should have still told me. I have a right to know. Don't you trust me?" 

 

     "It's not that I don't trust you."

 

     "Unnie," I cup her face so she would look into my eyes, "I love you."

 

     Its my first time saying that to her. It's actually not as awkward as I thought it would sound.

 

     I wasn't exactly fond of her in the beginning. I didn't know her much and I still don't, but I know for sure I care a lot about her. She's family; I love her. 

 

     Her cheeks turn red and she looks down again, avoiding eye contact. A grin makes its way on her face. She smacks my hands away. 

 

     "Awww you're blushing!" 

 

     "No! It's just hot!" Jong Hee denies. I laughed at how adorable she looks. Then my smile fades.

 

     "Unnie." I call seriously. She gives me her attention.

 

     "Do you not hear 'I love you' from someone a lot?" I can tell my question made her uncomfortable. She shifts in her position. 

 

     "I don't have a lot of close friends." she explains. I sigh and lie down next to her. I casually sling my arm around her.

 

     "Unnie it's okay... I'll say I love you more often then because I do." And it's true. The blush comes back. 

 

    "It's surprising how you can be so unaffectionate then affectionate."she tells me. Hmm... 

 

     "That's your affect on me." I admit.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

     I study the guy in front of me. Moo Yeol. He's a good-looking guy, really. It's just that... I feel like... My sister could have done better. 

 

     "So..." he begins. He has a serious face on but I can tell he's nervous.

 

     We're sitting in a café. I had called him up on Jong Hee's phone and asked to meet up. He was surprised at first, I could tell. However, as I was scrolling through her messages (I know it's wrong but... Okay I have no excuses), I found that he was texting her a whole lot. 

     "Tell me everything you know about my sister." I say. 

     "Um," 

     "I already know you two used to be an item. Just tell me everything you know about her. It can be anything; her back story, favorites, hobbies, enemies, etc..." I pause. He sips his coffee before starting. 

     By the time he finishes, 30 minutes passes but. My coffee is cold and untouched. I feel like I just wasted my money on coffee I don't have an appetite for. 

     "So she doesn't have any enemies?" 

     "Well... My aunt kidnapped her once but she's in the slammers now so..." he pauses. 

     "I don't think she has any other enemies. Of course she has people that are jealous of her, but I don't think any of them would cross the line to do anything harmful towards her." 

     "Still, I need the guarantee that my sister will be safe. Who are these people?" 

     "Just random girls I guess. She doesn't have a stable social life." 

     "Wow." I sigh. Leaning back on the chair, I think about my older sister.

     "What about... Her condition?" I question. 

     "Oh, well, Jong Hee..." Moo Yeol takes the time to lean forward. 

     "Please help her out more as a sister. She's the type of person that keeps her problems to herself. She's usually a cheery person but that can change in a matter of minutes or seconds. When that time comes, stay by her side." Moo Yeol looks off outside. It's as if he's reminiscing something painful. It's clear in his eyes he is. 

     "She doesn't have the best past experience." 

     "What do you me-," 

'Cuz all of me loves all of you~

      Moo Yeol answers his phone before the man could sing more. His eyes widened. 

     "What? Now?" he says, alarmed. 

     "I gotta go." Moo Yeol informs me as he gets up. I nod in understanding. I can always call him later to finish up the stories. I also stand up. I should go to work now. 

     "Next time." he says. I nod. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

     "Oppa." I say. Hyun Wook turns around and greets me with a smile.

     "Wanna have lunch with me?" Hyun Wook asks. 

     "I always have lunch with you."

     Suddenly, his facial expression changes from a playful one to a serious one. 

     "Se Na." he starts. I'm listening carefully to him. 

     "My dad wants to join in." 

     I drop my purse in surprise. President Lee wants to eat lunch with us? I thought he hates me. I thought he disapproves of us. 

     "Is that a good idea?" I asked, concerned. 

     "We'll find out."