Chapter 5: Moving

My Lovely Sister

*Krystal/Yoon Se Na's POV*  

 

    "Thanks Ms. Yoon. We'll figure out who's the culprit soon. " the detective says. I nod in reply.

     "Oh, but I strongly suggest Ms. Kang to reside somewhere else. If she stays here, we can't guarantee her safety."  

    I swallow the hard lump in my throat. He continues on.    

  "It's just temporary, until we catch the culprit."

     "Okay." I respond. I'm surprise I don't sound completely frightened. I can't imagine how Jong Hee unnie feels. He starts to say something else, but my eyes drift to see Jong Hee sitting on the couch with a blanket wrapped around her shoulder. A slim but muscular lady about her age is softly consoling her. I walk up to her and nod at the woman in appreciation. She nods back and leaves.    

  "Unnie." I softly call. She doesn't respond.     

Sighing softly to myself, I sit down right next to her and rub her back. She's trembling.     

"She's coming for me, Se Na." Jong Hee speaks up. I stare at her. She slowly turns her head to face me. Her eyes are swollen and red. Her cheeks look puffy too.   

    "And you're coming with me." I reply. "Wait here for a minute." Before I get up, she grabs my hand. Unnie's hand is cold. Her eyes looks pleading and scared.

     "Hurry up, please." she whispers. I nod, and she lets go of my hand.     

"Ah, Joo Hong..." I greet.    

   "Oh yeah? What's up?" she answers through the phone.  

    "Um... My sister is moving in with us for a while."    

  After the discussion with Joo Hong and explaining everything to her, she immediately agrees having Jong Hee unnie temporarily stay with us. I helped unnie pack most of her clothes, all her jewelry, purses, and shoes into a few suitcases and bags. I call Gong Chul to pick us up.   

    I nervously glanced at Jong Hee to see her expression about the small house. We were standing right in front of the doorway. Her face is expressionless.   

   "Ugh! Shi Woo is calling me. I have to drive him to his next schedule. Catch you two later!" Gong Chul shouts.  

    I knock on the door. To my surprise my boyfriend opened it.  

    "Yah! Yoon Se Na! How dare you just leave like that when I bought you lunch! Do you know how worried I was?!"   

   I point to Jong Hee beside me. His eyebrows furrow. Oh, right. I haven't told him she's my sister yet.  

    "Um," I tap Jong Hee's arm. She looks at me.    

"Meet my boyfriend, Lee Hyun Wook." I say. She looks back at Hyun Wook.

    "Oppa, meet my older sister, Kang Jong Hee."    

  I didn't know what I was expecting, but I certainly didn't think Jong Hee would smile at him and wink.

    "You're handsome." she says. I had a mixture of emotions. Jealousy? Possessiveness? Or am I just proud to show my boyfriend off? I do know one thing. I'm certainly uncomfortable with her sudden change of behavior.    

  "SISTER?!" Hyun Wook shouts. Surprise is written all over his face. I nod. I grab Jong He's hand and push past him inside the house.  

   "It's so nice to meet you!" Joo Hong screams. She pulls my sister in for a hug.     

"Your baby!" I remind her. Jong Hee immediately pulls back.    

  "Oh my gosh! Be careful!" she advises. Joo Hong grins.     

"Wow, you're really beautiful." Jong Hee smiles in appreciation to the comment.    

"Thank you." she replies. I hear someone cough behind me. I turn around to see Hyun Wook standing awkwardly to the side.   

  "Uh, I'll be right back." I inform my sister. She nods and turns her attention back to Joo Hong.     

"Sister?!" he immediately asks after we slip out the door.     

"Shh!" I yell.

     "What do you mean sister?"

     I sigh. Then, I begin telling him the whole story from how she was made, to how So Eun and I were. I tell him how we met and how long we've known each other. By the time I finish, his jaw is dropped all the way towards the ground.    

  "So yeah." I finish. I shut his jaw for him. This seems to bring him back to reality. He blinks several times, then straightens his posture and clears his throat.    

  "W-wow." he stammered. "But you two should take a DNA test too." he adds.  

    DNA test? I've never thought about that? Could that be possible?     

"Maybe." I reply.  

    Just when he was about to say something, the door opens and reveals Joo Hong. A big bright smile is plastered on her face. It's so big, she looks like a joker; it scares me.  

    "Can I borrow Se Na for a minute?" she asks. Hyun Wook furrowed his eyebrows, but nodded anyways.    

  Joo Hong drags me by the arm. We pass by my sister, who's looking at some of Joo Hong's childhood photos. We enter my bedroom and she shuts the door. When she turns around, her grin is even bigger. I feel like her cheeks will rip any second... Is that even possible?      

"What's with that smile? You're creeping me out." I tell her. Her smile fades.     

"Can I not be happy and show it by smiling?"  

    I playfully shake my head.     

"Nope. I never wanna see that smile again. It's too creepy."     

Joo Hong slaps my arm and pouts. I laugh.  

    "Think about the baby." I tell her. She slaps me one more time. Suddenly, she breaks out into a grin.    

  "I would definitely go gay for your sister."    

  "WHAT?!" I scream. I would have never thought she would ever say that. She's the most boy-crazy person I have ever met. Even the sasaengs can't beat her in the level of craziness.     

"Oh don't worry. I'm pregnant and with Gong Chul." I don't know what to say.  

    "You know what? She's probably the prettiest person I've ever met. She looks so much like an idol!" Joo Hong continues.     

"Not true. I think So Eun unnie is prettier." I argue. My friend sighs.    

  "I don't want to offend you, but Jong Hee unnie is prettier in my opinion. Besides, we both know well that So Eun unnie would agree."

     I sigh. I admit I think Jong Hee and So Eun unnie are really pretty, prettier than me. But, I still think So Eun unnie is prettier.    

  Joo Hong wraps her arm around my shoulder.     

"I know you miss you sister, so sorry." she says. I shake my head.    

  "Forget it." I respond. A knock on the door interrupts us.  

    "Se Na-ah?" a sweet voice calls. Jong Hee unnie smiles when she sees me.   

   "Oh, there you are." She walks over to us. "I'm sorry, but can I use the bathroom?"    

"Oh, of course! You live here now, so go ahead! Feel free to do whatever!" Joo Hong answers.  

    After we finished unpacking unnie's luggage, Hyun Wook went home and Joo Hong went to sleep. She told us that Gong Chul would be in another town for two days with Shi Woo.

     "I'm going to take a shower now." Jong Hee unnie informs me after I step into the room. I had already finished showering just now. I'm only wearing a towel, since I forgot my clothes. My wet hair is stuck to my back, neck, and face.     

I nod and step away so she can go. My eyebrows furrow in confusion when she doesn't move, but just stares. I find her eyes drift lower from my face to my body. Her heated gaze makes me feel uncomfortable. I pull up my towel after feeling self-conscious. It's weird.   

   So Eun unnie and I had seen each other like this, and even before, but I never felt so uncomfortable and awkward in my entire life. Maybe it's just because we're not close yet. I cough and clear my throat to get her attention. I can almost sigh in relief when her eyes are back on my face.     

"Nice body." she comments. I feel my cheeks flush. Weird. So weird, but I feel butterflies in my stomach. It's so corny and overused, but that's really how I feel right now.     

She pushes pass me and walks towards the bathroom. I shut the door and grab the clothes on my desk that I was going to wear. I take off my towel.

     Bam! I jump in surprise and my eyes widen.     

"Se Na-ah, I for-" she pauses and her eyes falls all over my exposed body.   

   "Unnie!" I scream. I quickly grab the towel that's around my ankles and pull it up around me. I could feel my ears burning from humiliation. My cheeks are probably as red as a cherry. My heart is pumping so fast right now too.     

"Relax, Se Na. We're sisters." She grabs a towel nearby.     

"Besides," she adds with a slight smirk, "you really do have a nice body. Who would have known you have some y abs?" With that, she closed the door and left.    

  Damn. My unnie is gonna be the death of me. I silently mentally scold myself for not locking the door as I hurry up and change.  

    About 15 minutes later after I finish organizing some stuff so Jong Hee unnie will have some space for her stuff, she walks in. I gulp when I realize she's only wearing a towel. Wow... She has melons... She snaps and I look up.     

"My eyes are up here. You've been staring at my s for a whole minute."

     I blush and hide my face by looking at the floor.    

  "Aw, don't be shy you got caught. I looked at your body too. Here, look."  

    Confused, I look up and kind of regretted it.    

  "Unnie!" She pulls open her towel and I get a good look of her whole entire being. She laughs when I stumble back and land on the bed. I quickly turn around and face the wall. I get under the blankets. I'm shuddering.   

   "Sorry, I'm tired. Goodnight." I could hear my older sister giggle.   

   "Now we're even... Okay, goodnight." says Jong Hee.   

   I could hear her start to change into clothes. Not too long after, she climbs into the mattress with me and lifts the blanket so she could get in. As soon as she's in, I could smell her vanilla scent. She smells really good. I should ask where she buys those products from.      

"Se Na." I hear Jong Hee whisper. I shut my eyes tight and ignore her.   

   "Se Na." calls Jong Hee again. She softly shakes my arm. I sigh and turn around after she does so for probably two minutes.     

"Yes?" I question. It's pretty dark, and I can't really see her face.   

   "I'm scared." she replies in a cracked tone.     

My face softens when I make out her facial expression. Even as dark as it is, one can tell she's about to cry if they look and focus. I pull her into a hug. I didn't mean to, but I inhaled her vanilla scent. A human has to breathe, right? And so in that position, we slowly fall asleep.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Well here's another update. Sorry it's so short. Hope you enjoyed! Thank you to everyone who is reading. Make sure you comment! (;