Chapter 3: Message

My Lovely Sister

*Krystal's POV*    

     "S-s-sorry." I say. I quickly close the door.

     I start to walk back to Joo Hong's house when suddenly, the door opens and someone rushes pass me. The man my sister was sitting on gets into his car and speeds off.

     "Well thanks a lot!" I hear Jong Hee unnie say. I turn around to see she still has her shirt below her shoulder. Her glare is intense.      "Sorry." I respond. She rolls her eyes and storms back into the house. I follow her, though I'm not sure why. She heads up the stairs.    

  "Uh, where are you going?" I stop walking and look up at her.  

    "Um..." She groans.

     "Go away, Se Na. Since you ruined my date, I'm now ually frustrated."   

    I didn't know what to say. Never in my life has anyone bluntly say those kind of stuff to me. After watching her disappear into her room, I descend down the stairs and out the door. This is the most confusing moment of my life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~   

   "Do you want to write some songs for me?" I look up to see who's talking to me.    

  "Oh, Shi Woo." I greet him. He flashes his amazing radiant smile and sits down next to me on the piano bench.     

We're in the ANA practice room. They kind of remodeled the whole thing, actually. 3 months after Hyun Wook and I hooked up, Hae Yoon, had finally decided to remodel the music/practice room.   

   Instead of the plain white walls, they were now gray. The floor is a new kind of polished hardwood, and the room is more spacious. There are even a few new musical instruments.

     "So can we write a song together or what?" Shi Woo asks. I sigh.

     "Sorry, but I don't really feel like it. I don't have the motivation."

     Shi Woo snickers. He turns to face me all the way and stares. It's really uncomfortable when he does that.    

  "What's wrong?" I turn to look at him. His sincerity is shining in his eyes. I feel bad for him. Why does he have to like me?   

   "Nothing." I answer, although that's not true. Jong Hee unnie has been ignoring me ever since I walked in on her heated moment with a guy.  

    "Is it related to Hyun Wook?" My attention snaps back on Shi Woo.    

  "Why do you always assume he's the one who makes me like this?"  

    "Because most of the time, you're like this usually because of him. You know, I can always treat you better."

     "Shi Woo... Can you just give up on me?"  

    He shakes his head with a grin.  

    "I promised you and myself that you'll be mine."  

    I scoff and shake my head. He's so stubborn.   

   "Yoon Se Na." I look to see Hyun Wook, my boyfriend. I smile widely. I hear Shi Woo scoff, but I ignore him.   

   "Oppa." I say. He grins and holds a bag up.

     "I brought lunch." Hyun Wook tells me.   

   "Great! I'm hungry right now too." I stand up, but someone pulls me back down.

     "Sorry, president, but Se Na and I already made plans." says Shi Woo. Even after Hyun Wook resigmed as President of ANA Entertainment, Shi Woo still calls him President or President Lee. I sigh when Hyun Wook and Shi Woo hold a glaring game.  

    "Yoon Se Na." Who is it now? I see Hae Yoon.   

   "I need to talk to you about business."   

   "Great! I'll go to since I want her to write some songs for my new album." Shi Woo speaks up.    

  "I'll go too." Hyun Wook chimes in. Hae Yoon rolls her eyes.  

    "No. Shi Woo, your new album was just released so no need. As for you Hyun Wook, you have no business in this."     I give the two guys an apologetic smile before leaving them.

     "Can we even trust them to be alone in the same room?" I ask Hae Yoon. She chuckles.  

    "I'll make them responsible for any damages they do." she replies. I have a seat on her black leather couch when we get into her office.     

"I need you to write some songs for a new group I'm going to launch soon."    

  "Is that an offer?" I reply with a smile. She smiles back.

     "Sorry. I forget sometimes. It is an offer, not a demand. Whatever other offers you get, I'll pay you two times more."   

  "Deal." I say. She furrows her eyebrows in amusement.

     "Why so fast?"  

    "I don't want to play favorites, but I did start here in ANA, and I do owe you for helping me out back then."

     "Then it's settled. The image we're to set out for them is that they're powerful and capable. I want the lyrics to be deep."  

    "That sounds pretty risky." I reply.

     "Everything we do in life is risky." she responds. I nod in agreement.  

    "Okay. We're focusing more on the lyrics and vocal capability, right?" She nods.  

    "Got it."  

    "Electric--Electric shock!" Hae Yoon raises her eyebrow. I check the caller ID, but it's an unknown #. I quickly answer my phone anyways to stop the ringtone. 

     "Uh, hello?" I ask.   

    "S-Se Na." I hear a familiar raspy voice say. Jong Hee unnie. But why does she sound so frightened?    

  "Unnie? What's wrong?"   

   "Se Na... Th-they're coming for me. I'm so scared! They're coming for me." I hear her choke up and break down.

     "What? What do you mean?" I see Hae Yoon mouth "what's going on", but I ignore her. I get up and walk out of the office.  

    "Sh-she's out to get me." My eyes widens. What the..?  

    "Unnie, tell me where you are." I could hear her press the phone closer to her ear.     

"Home." she whispers.

     "Stay there. I'll be there in 10 minutes." I'm about to hang up when she yells out my name.

     "Yes unnie?" I reply as I run out the company building.   

    "S-stay on the phone with me."  

     "Okay." I hurriedly wave down a taxi.   

   "Unnie?" I ask to see if she's still listening.   

   I hear her breathing get heavier. An earsplitting scream echoes in my ear, and the line gets cuts off. My heart beats faster. I try calling her again, but it goes straight to voicemail.  

    I pay the driver and rush out of the taxi when we arrive. I notice the door is slightly open, and I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing. I sprint inside towards Jong Hee's room without another thought. When I get there, I notice she's not there. My mouth dries up when I notice what's on the walls.

     Bright red writing is plastered on the wall. 'You're dead.' in Hangul. I step back when I notice it's not red paint, but red blood. Panic fills my whole body.    

  "Unnie!" I scream. I rush out and run into a different room. My breath catches in my throat when I look out the window and see in the backyard. What really made my blood turn cold is that a rope connected to a tree branch is tied around . I could see her struggling.   

   I run as fast as I can down the stairs and out into the backyard.  

    "Unnie!" I yell. I could see her body start to give away from the lack of oxygen.

      I look frantically for something to cut the rope with. I see a knife right below Jong Hee's feet. I dash towards it. I grab a chair from an outside table and set it beside Jong Hee. She's starting to become still how, but she's still holding on to the rope around her neck. I slash the rope with all my strength, and it actually breaks.

     Jong Hee falls to the ground and gasps for air. I kneel beside her and cup her cheeks to get a better view of her. Unnie's face is as red as can be, and I could see her green veins really clearly. Tears were streaming down her cheeks. She's so damp with sweat, her hair is sticking to her face.

    I push back strands of her hair from her face. Then, I realize there's something etched in the tree. I could feel the hairs on the back of my neck and arms stand up.   

   'Not this time, but I will be back.'    

  After she's finally able to breathe normally, I pull her into a deep, meaningful hug.