Better Than Not

After All
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

After All 

 

 

 


"So when will I get to meet Victoria again?" Nichkhun's eyes widened as the subject of his mom’s question was swaggered out of the elevator. 

 

"!" he mumbled under his breath. 

 


"What? Did you just cursed at me Nichkhun Buck Horvejkul?" his mom on the otherline. 

 

 

While he would never ever get to win the chance of setting up a perfect surprise. "I'm sorry Mom, gotta go!" 

 

 

"Nichkhu--" he cut the call before his Mom said anything more. 

 

 


Nichkhun was over looking through the glass door of the elevator watching her movement. But she was too pre-occupied looking down waiting impatiently for the lift to its ground fall. 

 


Seconds later, the lift slid open. It was only then she notices him standing before her. It must be fate that they always met in an elevator. 

 

 

"Nichkhun?" Victoria said in barely audible voice. And wether it was a surprise reaction or not on her face. 

 

 

"Oh, hi!" Nichkhun was appalled by his own words. Acting foolishly like he was the one more surprised to see her there. Victoria's eyebrows shoots up in a perfect arch. And instead of saying anything Victoria only gave him a nod and pass through him. Nichkhun should not be standing there and just watch her walk away. He must do something if he wants a progress for his own scheme.

 

 

 

 

from earlier.... 

 

 


Nichkhun had seen her perform in many shows before, he had seen her dance, he even danced with her. He had watched her in so
many variety shows and how competitive she was. He had watched how amazing she acted from every drama she had starred. But only now he was totally captivated. Victoria is absolutely gorgeous in her red laced aerial costume. 

 


Sitting from the seat she had given him. He saw Song Qian the Queen Goddess of Asia perform for the very first time. He can't even begin how fantastic the show was. It was phenomenal. From the moment she graces on that stage with the music blaring and flashbulbs exploding, she had the audience in the palm of her hand. The fire in her eyes when she lift herself up with those silks was simply unbelievable. Her stage presence was almost like a second-coming event. Now he understood why she holds the title. Without a doubt she deserves to be tagged as a Queen. 

 

 

 


"Be still, my heart." it is even silly of him to think that he has a chance with her. 

 

 

"Still..." 

 

 

"Taec? Where are you now?" he asked from the other line. It was after Victoria's performance that he took his phone and called Taecyeon. 

 

 

 

"Out with my wife. I will be in the office after I send Jess home." Taecyeon answered. 

 

 

 

"Cancel the meeting tonight. Please. Need to attend some important events. And---- i have a favor to ask----" Nichkhun giving Taecyeon all the details of his plans for that night. 

 

 

 


at present.... 

 

 

His ringing phone snapped him into action. He pick his phone and answers the call as he runs after her. 

 

 

"All is set man, don't screw things up." it was Taecyeon. 

 


"Good then---" his only reply as his eyes roam around finding Victoria. He switch his phone off without a proper goodbye to Taecyeon. 

 

 


He found Victoria at the grand entrance of the Hotel and was mobbed by some fans and reporters. He pushed his legs fasters as he run onto her. Passing through a crowd of people hovering around her. Victoria on the other hand was polite to take photos and smile and greet the fans but refuse answering questions from reporters. 

 

 

"Let's go." he whisper at her. Smiling to the fans and reporters as well.

 

 


"Nichkhun are you two dating?" 

 

 

"Nichkhun how does it feel to be with Victoria again?" 

 

 

"Is it for real this time?"

 

 


"Is Victoria the reason why you and Tiffany didn't end up together?"

 

 


"Is it real that JYP Entertainment is now bankrupt?"

 

 

 


Nichkhun almost cringe from the questions bombarded to him. And was embarrassed that Victoria was there to hear it. But he just smile to them as he walk infront of her while holding her hand and use himself as a way of parting the crowd. He took the way back to the entrance without releasing his grip to her.

 

 

"Where are we going?" asked Victoria eyeing his hand on hers. 

 

 

"Out from the crowd---" his only reply. 

 

 


"And---" she said with a hint. 

 

 


"Back up there..." he said without looking at her. 

 

 


"So it was you who ask me to come here---" Victoria said not surprise at all. He nodded to say yes. 

 


"And you were late." she said flatly. 

 


Instead saying an excuse. "Are you hungry?" he asked. It was fail, he knew. He shouldn't have asked her that.

 

 

Victoria rolled her eyes on him. "Oh, and here I thought 'someone' invited me to have a dinner." she said it in a sly innuendo. 

 

 

Nichkhun silently smile in amusement. The lift stop at the terrace where the veranda is. Not letting go of her hand as he led her to the table. The  table was set for two. He asked Taecye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter