Profound

After All
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

After All 

 

 

 

Being an idol, an actress was Victoria's life. Well, she thought it was. But holding a title as a soloist in her profession was all she ever dreamed of since she was a little girl. From soloist then a principal dancer. Sure, being an idol was a privilege, being a leader of a girl group was fun and being an actress was awesome in some ways, but it's not the same as having your talent highlighted for everyone to see. 

 


Aerial dance is not as universal as other form of art. That people think they already know about it than they do. She had endured more than her fair share of hardships.  People who don't realize that they're not the millionth once to asked why did she leave the fancy 
world of 'biz'. 

 


Dancing with a silk or a hoop or in a cube up on the surface became a life. She felt powerful, untouchable when she's out of the floor. She had gone a severe trainings for over two years in the state, improving the gymnastic feats in her. Taking it to the next level. She wanted to be the best plain and simple. 

 


But tonight, Victoria feel like a beginner. She had perform often in a huge crowd with thousands of people but she never felt as nervous as she is now. The expectant korean fans is different to a normal crowd. Or was it? Or just because of her disappointment that Nichkhun won't be in the crowd to watch her tonight. 

 


Her smirk dances across the crowd. Her eyes glinting amidst the ocean of lights brought by the crowd. She stand in her first position and bend her knees into a grand plié her heels grracefully rising off the floor. The center stage lights up the moment she started her routine following her moves as she dances her way up. Suspended in midair by lengths of strong silks, spins, swings and soar. Climbing to the heights of nearly 20 feet only to dive downward as her fall interrupted mere inches from the ground. She was elated and thrilled the moment she did the first drop. The full adrenaline rush took over her as she did the other routine. 

 


She can hear the clapping sound and gasps coming from the crowd as she finish her last fall. All the disappointments, nervousness and weariness she felt was replaced by thrill and excitement. Flying in motion always calms her when she's upset of something. She felt satisfied watching the crowd goes frenzied as she promenade in arabesque to make her final plié. She smiled and made a multiple bow gesture, waving to the whole crowd before she leave the center stage.

 


                         •

 

 

Victoria was welcomed with applause by her entourage  through her way backstage. It was a successful first night of their tour. 

 


"Qian you we're awesome as ever!" said the stage director kissing her on the cheek. 

 

"All thanks to you, you're the one behind these all." was her response. 

 

 

The stage director contradict her by shoving her hand as she said. "No honey, without our star this show won't be a success." Victoria only smiled at her. She was beaming by all the positive words she's hearing from everyone. She was walking her way back to her dressing room when a staff call out for her and hand her a note. 

 


"A white limousine is waiting for you outside." 

 

Puzzled, Victoria raised an eyebrow reading the note over and over. She thought of it as one of her mission. Maybe it was from WGM staff. But on a note? 

 

 


 

 

A driver led her to the limousine and opening the door for her, waited for her to slip into the back before closing the door. A few
minutes later, the limousine drove down the road in silence. 

 


She couldn't afford to ask where are they heading. She doesn't want to spoil the surprise whoever behind this. A part of her hoped it is Nichkhun waiting for her in a fancy restaurant even just it's a part of the show. Though, he told her he has other schedule today. A part of her still wish that for sometime someone could put her on top of their list. 

 


The limousine come to a stop. A valet boy was waiting for them, opening the door for her and led her inside the grand entrance of a luxury Hotel. They toke a lift to the terrace where the veranda is, following the valet boy as they sashayed the aisle and take her to dining table for two. Victoria crooked her head to the side as she stood for awhile and just look at the valet boy with a wonder look on her face. 

 

"Have a seat Madam." the valet boy finally said. 

 

Victoria heaved a sigh and took the seat given to her.

 

"I'll leave you now. Enjoy your dinner with..." and the valet boy just smiled and left her there. 

 


Victoria shrugged. She'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter