Reunited

After All
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After All 

 

 

 

The sun streamed through the blinds of Nickhun's window, causing shadow lines to stretch across his room. But it's not the reason why he'd woke up. He forced his eyes open.. there was a stringing sensation that made him awoke. It's the face of the woman he never expected to see specially in his room that very early.

 

"V-victoria?" he utter her name in baffled.

 


Then a broad smile across her face welcoming his morning. 

 


"Good Morning Husband!" she then said. 

 

 

Nichkhun wallowed in bed as he closed his eyes again just to check if he was still asleep and still in the midst of his dream. But no.. as he open his eyes and saw her again leaning forward, looking down at him. It was like seeing an apparition... a woman glowing like the morning sunshine greeting him. He glance at his wrist watch. He tap his head, it was 10 a.m in the morning and he was still in bed. 

 

 

"Do you have any motivation to get out from your bed?" asked Victoria. He knew she was faking a smile. Nichkhun wasn't sure at all if it was the usual tone she was using at him back then. What he was sure of.. that she has change. 

 


"I'm sorry... what is it today? Why are you here? In my house... in my room?" Nichkhun asked. He doesn't mean to sound rude but as far as his concern he value his privacy. He notice she roll her eyes. 

 


"I wouldn't want to be here either way but..." she said gesturing her hands outside to let him see her company. 

 

"O, ! Yeah.. so it was today." Nichkhun mumbles. He was about to get up but he remember his manner... he was half and Victoria was inside his room. He pull the sheets upward to cover his chest. 

 


"As if I haven't seen it. Like everyone does.. you're a beast remember? You're used to show-off your body to women." Victoria said with a slight chuckle. 

 


That made Nichkhun turn around and glance at her. "Geez.. this woman! Are you provoking me?" he said but he wasn't sure if she heard what he had said since he doesn't get a response, instead telling him she'll wait downstairs. 

 

 

He found Victoria in front of his fridge both hands on her waist. 

 

As if she felt his presence as she spoke. "What am I supposed to cook for breakfast if your kicthen is empty?" she said not giving him a glance. 

 


"There's nothing there. I don't cook." Nichkhun replied. 

 

Victoria didn't reply as she took a cup and fill it with brewed coffee from his pantry and push it over towards him. "You only have coffee. I hope you don't mind I ransacked your empty kitchen." she said.

 


"Not at all. You're my wife, right?" Nichkhun said while he sip the coffee directly from the cap. 

 


Victoria nodded. "Oh wait, I also had your dirty clothes cleaned." she said. "Put them later in your dryer." she reminded him in which she did not seem propitious. She seem to dislike his way of living. 

 


"I'm sorry.. if you have to do that. You should have just leave it there." Nichkhun said continue sipping his coffee.

 

Victoria furrowed as she face him. "What happened to you?" she asked. 

 

A very difficult question. Victoria gave me her curious face, both elbows on the counter with hands cradling her chin. "What happened to him?" how do he supposed to answer that-- ? Instead he look at the crew. "Excuse us.. kindly edit this part. I mean are we doing these right? Should we supposed to act like we missed each other?" he asked.

 


"Just do it normally." one of the staff reply. 

 


Then Nichkhun face Victoria again. "What happened to me? I don't get it?" he said crooking his head on the side.

 

Victoria stretch her arms and stood straight. "What happened to Nichkhun... the warm and gentle Nichkhun, I know way back? Where is he now? Or this is really you?" she said gesturing her hands at his place. 

 

Obviously, the way she asks him she was pertaining to his way of living. "They say change is the only constant thing in this whole damn world. What you see is who I am. These is how I live." he said. 

 


Victoria shrugged.. walking out from the counter as she roam her eyes around the interior of his house. "Okay.. so these was the typical you that I haven't seen before." she said.

 


"Typical me that you haven't seen before? How can you even notice.... with your less of interest?" Nichkhun said bitterly. But seems Victoria was oblivious about what he said. 

 


"So where to start?" Victoria asked him instead.

 


"Let us start being friends?" he suggested.

 


Victoria glance at him with an obvious confusion showed on her face. "Friends?" she asked. 

 

"I guess every couple who went through the process of separation has always differences and two of us were no excuse. A couple who took a halt from their relationship was no different from two strangers. You are my estrange wife and I am your estrange husband. There's nothing more awkward than being together again? Right?" Nichkhun said.

 


"So?" Victoria creased a brow. "What are you suggesting?" she asked with a stern face. 

 


"What I am saying was... you show me what kind of life you have now and I'll show you mine." he said. 

 


Victoria slightly chuckled. "Actually, that's what Kangta exactly said. I'm aware of that.. anything else?" she said as if she was shoving on his face.. that she already expected that to happen. 

 


Nickhun heaved a sighed. "Let me took a shower first.." he said. Victoria just nodded and shoved her hand as an answer. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Nichkhun leaned his hands on the cold tiles of the shower wall as steam rose up around him. He breathe deep through his nose as he let the pounding heat of the water running through his tense shoulder and back. Andrenaline gushing through his veins like the waters raging rapids, nerves whirled through him like a racing car on speed. Swirling his neck from side to side as he tried to relax. 

 


Never before in his life had he felt this amped up and uneasy. He was so far an easy going, laid back guy. Always had been. Until he is wit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter