The Abyss Between

After All
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

After All 

 

 

The Interview;

 

 

"Are you guys fighting? A lover's quarrel perhaps?" the staff started. 

 


"We are not fighting. Arguing yes, over some pity stuff." Nichkhun shrugged. "You know the feeling of two people whom haven't seen each other for a long time? Plus we can never exactly say that we became friends after our first stint. We became acquaintance rather being close friends." he elaborated. 

 


"After the WGM have you guys met for some time during events? Are you both civil to each other?" the staff curiously asked. 

 

 

Nichkhun thought of it and nodded.  "Yes, for some occasions like annual end-year program I often run across with her, yet-- " 

 

"Do you guys talk or even just the hi's and hello's for old time sake?" 

 

"Not even nod." he smiled bitterly. 

 

"Ah, we've been curious to ask you this. Was there even a time you felt regretted not pursuing her in real life?" 
 

 

Nichkhun pause for a snap. Crooking his head to the side as he thought of the question. 'Did he ever regret it?' sighing--- "We'll things like that is a matter of choices--" he said, unsure if what he said was even relevant.

 

"But you like her?" 

 


Was that even a question? He wanted to refuse answering the question. It would be the biggest lie of a man if they says they don't like or not showing any interest with someone like Song Qian. "What's not to like about Victoria?" he gave his safest answer. It was an indirect confession from him. 

 

"So you like her?" not giving away from the question the staff asked. 

 

Raising his hands. "I did." he confessed. 

 


"Then why didn't you courted her?"  the staff asked with persistent.

 


Nichkhun crossed his arms and sighed. "Unreciprocated?" 

 

"By her or is it you?" 

 


Nichkhun refusing to answer the question. 

 


"So was it true that there was an overlapped between the reel and the real?" the staff maliciously asked.

 


"Ah, is this some kind of a gossip magazine?" Nichkhun bluntly asked. 

 


"No, I'm sorry it's not actually on the question. Anyway don't bother to answer. Lastly, what are your expectation with all of these?" 

 

"Tough times." he sardonically said. The staff nodded to their satisfaction. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"What made you change your mind that quick?" asked Nichkhun.

 

"Never get me wrong." Victoria's response which made him curious at this time, he crossed his arms against his chest waiting for an answer.

 

Victoria closes her eyes fidgeting her hands. "I never said I wanted to do this the same as before. What I'm saying is---" 

 


Nichkhun doesn't see any point  from these conversation. They have both agreed for this show to happen. They are professionals they can both pretend again like a couple. "I thought we have agreed to this?" telling her his thoughts. 

 


Victoria just watch him for a moment. "What I'm saying here is--- Yeah, let's do this like this is real. Like an old divorced couple reunion." she continued. Nichkhun wasn't sure if it was disgust or frustration shown on her face. 

 

 


He meant it when he said he'll may have a tough time dealing with her but his plans had not change. He will still do the things to make her fall for him if not... then I'd like for her to realize that I am, and a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter