Familial Bond

The Chemistry of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 9: Familial bond

 

Please forgive my errors.

Have fun reading!

 

 

 

Dara tried really hard to cook and bake something good for Jaejoong’s family but her efforts were futile. The kitchen’s a mess, to Jaejoong’s complete and utter horror, that he swore off that Dara should never ever enter the kitchen again unless supervised. She wasn’t able to cook her beef broccoli or bake a cake, in the end, the couple (it was actually just Jaejoong) decided that they should simply bring a fruit cake.

Upon arriving to the Kim family home, Dara and JJ was immediately greeted by Jae’s mom.

“Eomma! I miss you so much! How are you and Appa doing?” Dara said hugging Jae’s mom and handing her the fruit cake, “We brought you something,”

Jae’s mom simply looked on confusedly and sending heated stares at Jae, demanding him to explain what’s going on. Behind Dara, Jaejoong is signing to his mom that he’ll explain later and simply motioning her to go along for a while.

“Sandara, dear, thank you for the food. Why don’t we all proceed to the foyer? Your Appa is waiting there,” she said and guided Dara to the foyer as Jaejoong followed behind.

“Jaejoong, why don’t you go greet your father? Sandara and I will first go to the kitchen to prepare the meal,” understanding his mother’s message of warning his father first regarding the situation, Jae moved to leave them behind, that is, until he remembered something of importance from his mother’s statement.

“Mom, you’re not gonna let Dara cook, right?” Jaejoong asked worriedly to Dara’s embarrassment. She smacked his shoulder and glared at him.

Jaejoong’s mom simply laughed at the both of them and shooed Jaejoong away, “Don’t worry about your wife. She’ll become a good cook eventually,” both Dara and Jaejoong then smiled in relief but for different reasons: Jaejoong because he does not want another disaster and Dara because she’s out of the embarrassment that her husband subjected her to.

 

“So, how is married life going for you and Jaejoong?” Eomma asked Dara as they both set the table for the meal.

“Life is great for us if you don’t consider my challenging cooking skills,” Dara responded which earned her an open laugh from Jae’s mother.

“Jae is not giving you a hard time, is he?”

Dara thought for a moment, looked at Jaejoong’s mom and replied truthfully, “Jae’s a bit bossy when it comes to clothes, the cleanliness of the house and most especially in cooking,” she gave a wistful smile, “but I love him nonetheless,”

Jaejoong’s mother then smiled approvingly then coughed knowingly as she saw Jaejoong enter the dining area with his father. Jaejoong simply chose to ignore his mother’s teasing smile and proceeded t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter