Proposal

The Chemistry of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 15: Proposal

 

Please forgive my errors.

Have fun reading!

 

 

 

Jaejoong didn’t know what to feel when he saw her lovely figure entering the restaurant owned by his parents. He was, at first, nervous of what might happen, and then elated to have finally seen her and finally, determined to talk and woo her once and for all. He was saddened when she refused to meet his eyes and simply walked to her destination without once giving him a glance.

 

He watched as his mom approached Dara and gave her a hug. He walked slowly towards them, still listening to the conversation. And when Dara’s mom about their supposed relationship, Jaejoong decided to step in.

 

“I’m sorry, Auntie. We didn’t mean to hide it from you,” he said wrapping his arms around her waist and feeling her stiffens with his action. Both of their mothers then beamed at them knowingly and ushered them to the table where the family is dining.

 

Once everyone has arrived, they all started eating and socializing with each other, most especially their mothers. Two of Jaejoong’s sisters were also there who talked to Durami about her current projects in Busan. At first, when Durami arrived, she was quite star-struck upon seeing Jaejoong there, much more when she discovered that his family was dining with them. She stared at him for a full-blown five minutes until Dara, who finally got tired of her sister gaping at the other idol, decided to kick her sister under the table. That definitely did the trick.

 

But then, Durami’s attention was turned to her, and after finally after a few minutes of contemplating squealed excitedly with the realization. Dara kicked her again to shut her up and she finally did, but not after giving her sister a teasing wink and a promise glare that they’ll talk about it soon.

 

Two of Jaejoong’s older sisters were also there; Yoosoon and Minkyung, whom at the sight of Dara immediately squealed and asked her for a picture and an autograph, with the confidence, of course, that it will not be revealed to the public anytime soon. Dara simply sighed in relief to find that Jinhee, another one of Jaejoong’s sisters whom she already met, has not been there. After all, the last time they met, Dara told her that she’s married to Jaejoong. What a mess would it be?

 

In the middle of dinner Park Sanghyun, the only man and somewhat acting overprotective head of the family, arrived. He was, of course, surprised when he saw the Kim family dining with them, even more so when he saw Kim Jaejoong being super attentive to his dear older sister. Sanghyun greeted everyone and then chose the chair opposite of Jaejoong. He first watched the two interact with each other, his noona, trying her best to somewhat ignore Kim Jaejoong and failed and then hide her blush every single time Jaejoong does something sweet to her. Just small things, really, like putting the food she likes on her plate, wiping crumbs off her lips, you know, things that couples does. And his Jaejoong-hyung trying his best to catch his noona’s attention and making sure that she eats properly, even to the point of forgetting to eat his own food.

 

In one single moment that Sanghyun finally caught Jaejoong’s attention he mouthed, “Fighting, hyung!” and even subtly raised his arm to cheer Jaejoong. The other smiled and nodded to him in thanks, glad that he got the support and permission of Sanghyun.

 

The encounter is still fresh in Jaejoong’s mind.

 

 

 

 

Believe it or not, it took Jaejoong three days of thinking and two hours of pacing before he finally had the courage to drive to J.Tune Entertainment. Upon arriving there, although he deeply hopes that everything will go smoothly, it just ain’t meant to be, because just right after he passed through the entrance of the company building he came face to face with Rain himself.

 

The other was surprised to see Jaejoong there; after all he is one of the biggest names in the Korean entertainment industry. He invited in his office and asked him of his purpose in going there.

 

“Don’t tell me that you’re planning to transfer in my company?” Rain asked jokingly.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter