One

Stranger Danger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

There, there. 

Home bound at last. She can't feel her legs anymore, or her arms, or her whole body, or her soul for that matter. 

Oh damn, she's just too tired at this point. 

She ain't one to be in a constant hissy mood. But this, this was just a bad time to go out and be merry. 

Well see, she pulled an all nighter sprawled in bed with her books. AGAIN. And just when she was about to travel to dreamlalaland, she was pulled away from the comforts of her bed. It's easy to say she's not a morning person, or an afternoon person, blah, she doesn't even feel like a person right now. Argh. 

So who can blame her if she wanted to go on a murder-people spree right now????

 

What the heck was she even thinking when she let her unnie drag her out of bed? On a Saturday!

AN EARLY SATURDAY MORNING people! 

Like who in their lucid mind would want to go shopping at 8 in the morning? On a SATURDAY???? 

Saturdays are for her me-time, her sleep-all-day-time, her pretend-to-be-dead-all-day-time. And they just have to ruin it, don't they?

 

They literally went down to all sorts of market. Jeez. Then once the malls opened up, they ransacked all THREE of them. Oh, one will never be enough. NEVER. 

She's starting to believe her family is a bunch of shopaholic monsters. Holy olympus!

If she didn't love them this much, she wouldn't be caught killing herself like this. Hell no.

She even gave them the upperhand on her life. Otherwise she wouldn't be here right now.

She might as well be on her way to becoming a very good puppet. Blasted, yes.

 

 

Ten hours later, which includes six hours of walking, she's pretty sure her limbs are now made of iron. She can't wait to hit the sack and be left there to rot for eons. 

She's way too pissed right now she swears she could eat everyone alive. It was torture!

She sits in pure exhaustion at the back of their white Range Rover, spewing curses under her breath every now and then. 

Thinking she's just too tired, her family let her be while they go along with their endless chitchats. 

"Yeezus, they can still talk? Wow. Where do these monsters get their energy? Pfffft." She murmurs as she sticks her tongue out at their backs. 

There goes her maturity, yeah. Very mature. 

Their ride made an abrupt stop at the signal of the traffic lights going red. 

"Ugh come onnnn~! RED? Are you tin' me now? Well, I'm just about to see red too! You stupid lights! Babo! Babo!" She glares at the poor inanimate thing and feel the last thread of her patience ebbing away. She shifted onto her seat, trying to find a more comfortable position in complete annoyance.

'Sheesh. Who could be this evil idiot who created those goddamn traffic lights? Why do they even take so long to change colors?!' She hisses and furiously taps her fingers on her lap. 

 

 

Yes guys, meet Dara Park. The 25-year-old tiny girl in a gigantic bundle of sarcasm. Onnnnly in her mind though. That's just as far as she goes. 

She'd be damned if she ever say her thoughts aloud. She's actually too prudent and proper and shy and pertly in real life. Like seriously. Only her best friends Chae and Bommie and Mingkki really know her.

This girl is often told she was the nicest and the sweetest. And she could only agree to disagree. But okay, yes, she really has a heart huge as the universe but a temper of a 3-year-old kid. Just don't get in her bad side, 's all. She throws tantrums as though in a bloodbath war.

 

Her family came all the way from South Korea to New York and Dara is obviously hating every nanosecond of it. Don't get her wrong, she likes New York alright, it surely is a stopper and one of the most luxurious but hey, it has got to be one of the most rambunctious places on earth too. 
And it ain't just your typical, busy place like Seoul, but the kind where you feel like the people are going to skin you alive and have you for lunch! 

This city can give satan a run for his money. Its too wild for her liking, but she likes the cityscape at night. 

 

" OMONA!!! Look everyone!" Her Aunt Mina gushes as she points her forefinger at something. Dara snaps out of her reverie to see what her aunt is gawking at.

She looked over her right shoulder to find a white lamborghini slowly coming to a stop beside theirs.

'Huh. Sweet ride, alright.' She remarks as the other members of her family still have their eyes glued to the car. They still can't seem to get their heads wrapped around the fact that here, it is NORMAL to see hundreds of luxury cars being driven around town. Like a part of your mundane life or something.

 

Back in Busan, they lived a perfectly serene and simple life.  And she was happy and content. It was her birth land and she was overjoyed that her family finally decided to settle there. But not until her omma decided yet again to torture the living daylights out of her and bring her here. 

"Minkyung, scoot over and check it out, even the driver is so handsome! And I think he's just around Dee's age! And korean too!" Aunt Mina nudges her mom and her uncles seated at the front could only roll their eyes.  Auntie and omma start giggling like some deluded fan girls and her unnie even joined in.

Could this day get any better? Gah.

 

 

Dara didn't get to see what the fuss is all about since she only glanced and did a onceoever at the car when she heard her aunt mention her name. She took another look out of curiosity and squinted at the slightly tinted window. H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter