Ten

Stranger Danger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

"I must say hyung, you were quite right. She IS perfect. She is a model, neh?" Jiyong leans toward his older cousin, watching Kiko talks to another girl. 

  The girl unabashedly lingers her eyes on him. Oh she likes him alright.      "Huh? How do you know when you haven't even met her yet? And uh, no she's not a model."    "Bwo? Was it not Kiko?" He snaps his head to Dongwook's direction, frowning in total confusion.   Dongwook chortles. "Nope, kiddo. Not kiko."    "Aw dude. Then who?" Seriously he's getting impatient with all this dilly dallying!   "Good question. Just in time."    He watches as his cousin points to a girl being embraced by Hanbyul noona's mom.    The girl turns around and his eyes almost went out of its sockets.      Oh !!!!!!      He was catching his breath when he glances back up and gapes at the girl. She's talking to Hanbyul's parents.   'The fates are never in my odds.'   SANDARA PARK.    "You okay kiddo?" Dongwook mutters but it seems his senses switched off the second he saw her.    "Mm."    "So what do you think?    'WHAT AM I THINKING?'    "What am I thinking???" He blurts out. "No hyung. Not her. Anyone but her. Please tell me it can't be her." He feels his gut retching with pure dread.    Dongwook shrugs. "Oh IT IS HER. She's perfect, Auntie will definitely leave you alone once they met her."    "You have got to be kidding me!" Damn it.   "No. That girl is gonna be your fake girl, kiddo. She's got a prickly pride and a mouth wielded as a weapon pf mass destruction once you're past the aloof phase. Auntie wouldn't know what hits her." His cousin smugly smiles, folding his arms across his chest.   Oh he knows how can shoot retorts faster than a cannonball.    "But hyung..." He was about to tell him they know each other but how? He's a cad.    Dongwook wiggles his eyebrows at him.    It's useless to say no, isn't it? Jiyong feels like a deflated balloon.    Just when he was trying to stay away from her, the universe seems to be pulling strings to draw them together.    This is savage, dude.   "Okay. How..how do you even know her?"    "Because that girl is going to be my sister-in-law."    .   Jiyong has never felt more woozy in his whole existence.    "Jiyongie? You okay?" He cringes at the pet name, managing to give a tiny smile at Kiko who suddenly appeared in front of them.   "Yeah."   "How about we hang out tomorrow? Get to know each other better." With a trance-like look on her face, she suggests.    Dongwook clears his throat. "Nope he can't." He politely smiles at her and adds, "We have plans, Kiko. Aaand this guy right here is already taken."    Kiko pouts.    He needs some air.    "I forgot something in the car hyung. I'll be right back." He scoots out before Dara can see him.    Jesus what's he gonna do?              Dara scratches her nose. Itchy, itchy, itchy.   This only happens when someone's staring at her. She momentarily looks away from her omma and scans the crowd.    Oppa and unnie! She laughs as he sees her Dongwook oppa winking at her.    Omona. She totally forgot! She terribly missed her mom that she must have stayed way too long here without letting her unnie know she's here already.    She excused herself from her parents and squeezed into the crowd.    "Oppa!!!!" He embraces her in an instant once she was within arms reach. A grin creeps across her face.    "Munchkin, you're still as small as I remember you." He chuckles, patting her head.    This guy is literally the worst with words.    "Was that a compliment? You haven't changed oppa." She released herself from his arms and playfully slapped it.   "Sissy! I thought you'd never make it!" Her unnie comes running to the table, locking her in yet another tight embrace.    "And miss the chance to pester the two of you? Nah. I wouldn't trade it for anything."    "But you were late." Her unnie reminded her.    "Fashionably late, the usual." Dongwook saves her in and she grins sheepishly at her unnie.    "Alright, alright. Quit ganging up on me." Hanbyul chimes. "Be back in a jiffy with you babe, there's some new people who just came in." She makes her way to the receiving area and Dara slides in on one of the chairs.    "Jeesh I never thought there'd be lots of other people here oppa."    "You know your dad."    Dara sighed.    "Oh by the way there's someone I want you to meet. My cousin, he just forgot something in the car." He looks at her meaningfully.   Oh boy. Dara mentally slams her head on the wall.    Not again. She knows that look all too well.    The deal is, he and her unnie has this thing were they pretend to be her cupid or love coach or whatsoever people call it. They've been trying to find her a boyfriend. For ages. And though they mean well, it irks the cells out of her.    She groaned. "Oppa please, enough with the matchmaking."    He was about to say something back when loud giggles draws their attention away.     "Oh gee, the fish is here?" She nibbles on her lower lip. Kiko is giggling away to some guy's joke.    She is an outrageous flirt.   "Hrmph yeah. Hanbyul invited her." Dongwook made a face.   Seriously. How can that girl be friends with her unnie? Oh yeah, fashion. Shopping. Eeeeek.   But still.   Dara doesn't know her well except that she's got a catwalk figure enough to steal tongue right out of men's mouths. That, and that she's a .    She couldn't stand being around her because the girl surely thinks too highly of herself. As though everyone else is below her.    She rolls her eyes. "Oppa lemme get a coffee, that girl is giving me a headbum. Want anything?" She asks.    "One cup of americano too." He gives a half-suppressed laugh.    Dara took the cold coffee cup from the table and heads to the kitchen. She was merely halfway when she slams onto a body.    Clumsy kid. Pft.    The cold coffee spills into her dress, chilling her skin. Dara felt two arms holding her all while she totters.    'That..tha-that hands! And that smell!' Her eyes wide as saucers.   She looked in horror at the tattoos on the arms. Eerily familiar.   She glances up and was welcomed by the most beautiful brown eyes, like the color of melted chocolate. Yum.   Dara almost stumbled again and he pulls her upright, quite in an embrace if she must so point it out.    What is with this guy and her obnoxious tendency to bump into his chest every waking moment?    A girl can only take so much humiliation.    She takes a deep breath and there goes the overcoming fresh scent she thinks she'd know anywhere by now - him.    " I'm sorry." That voice again! A shiver tickles its way along her spine.   Snapping back into the real world, she stares in disbelief at him then to her dress. He was dabbing a handkerchief at the hem of her dress.    Gaaaaaaaah!!!!!!    "Do not touch me!" She shrieked! "I don't want to have your babies!" Wait, what?????   Screw !    "Bwo?" He looks genuinely confused.    "Why are you here? Who invited you? Who are you with? And why are you cursing in OUR house? No cursing!" She grumbles to steer the topic.    Raising an eyebrow at her, he titters.    Oh my gosh. She's feeling disoriented with those eyes. Gazing away into the depths of them, they're making her crave for all things chocolatey brown. Damn him.    "Hold your horses, I'm sorry but you keep bumping onto me. Not my fault."    The nerve of this guy!    His intense staring at her is disturbing her entire system. She blushes and looked at anywhere but him.    'Distraction. I need a distraction before I end up either killing him or kissing him.' Looking down she sees the empty cup from the floor and picked it up.    "Lemme help you with that." He takes the cup from her hand and the contact makes her nerves go into overdrive again.    Aaaaccckkk!    He must have noticed her discomfort and lets go of her hand quickly.    Without another word, she walks away but he catches her before before getting any farther.    "Look, I'm really sorry."    She sighs and replies, "Alright. No biggie." She hesitates, "I'm sorry too."    She turned away from him before disappearing into the kitchen, she heads to her bedroom to change after dropping the cups into the bin then ran back down to the kitchen.   The aroma of coffee instantly relax
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter